Dr. Duru

View Dr. Duru's Comments BY TICKER:
  • The Japanese Yen May Finally Be Peaking [View article]
    I covered Kyle Bass a twice over the past years. He makes a lot of sense but timing has been the devil in the details! I need to look into how to invest in JGBS. I agree that at this point, a Japanese debt crisis will strike at the most unexpected moment while no one is looking and all have assumed that somehow it will all just work out on its own.
    Jan 25 12:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Opportunities From The Crash In Natural Gas [View article]
    Thanks for the additional analysis. I failed to mention the interplay with coal. I also suspect (thermal) coal prices must head lower from here with Chinese demand being the on-going wildcard.
    Jan 22 12:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Opportunities From The Crash In Natural Gas [View article]
    Brace yourself! I am tempted to add to my position here as well, but I am going to be patient.
    Jan 22 12:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Opportunities From The Crash In Natural Gas [View article]
    Thanks for that observation.
    Jan 22 12:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Opportunities From The Crash In Natural Gas [View article]
    Yes. I am next looking into the industries that benefit from cheap natural gas. The chemical industry is one. Dow Chemical in particular (and I believe DuPont) are large consumers of natural gas.
    Jan 22 12:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Opportunities From The Crash In Natural Gas [View article]
    Thanks for the correction! You are indeed right. He meant "NOT the situation in most rural areas."
    Jan 22 12:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Wrangling Over Income Inequality: A Comprehensive Review And Critique Of Robert Reich's Book 'Aftershock' [View article]
    The OECD has some formula that supposedly normalizes for workers with multiple jobs. For such a simple thing as "hours worked per worker", it is sure fraught with many measurement problems. Thus, my disappointment that Reich was so oblique about his definitions and references on this.

I am also not sure about the pervasiveness of replacing full-time with partial-time work, but, yes, some companies have gone that route to try to save on benefit costs. I believe (although not completely sure) some states have laws that limit the extent to which companies can do that.
    Jan 21 08:52 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Euro Is Poised For A Reversal [View article]
    So what DOES a purchasing power parity analysis say about where the euro "should be." I like the indicator. The euro is very oversold and without more sellers, it must go back up. I am wondering about the impact on the franc. Currently, the franc seems to move very tightly with the euro. Wondering when some decoupling happens and the euro strengthens while the franc weakens...presumably as scared money reverses direction?
    Jan 20 02:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Talk Of QE3 Increases As The Dollar Rises - Time To Reposition [View article]
    Minor correction: The link to "Profiting from Physical Assets in a Resource-Constrained World - Rules and Picks (Part 2 of 2)" should be http://seekingalpha.co...
    I inadvertently posted the link to my blog site that then redirects you to the SA post.
    Jan 16 01:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Talk Of QE3 Increases As The Dollar Rises - Time To Reposition [View article]
    Interesting. I hadn't thought of that scenario.
    Jan 16 12:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Talk Of QE3 Increases As The Dollar Rises - Time To Reposition [View article]
    Ha, ha. Good one.
    Jan 16 12:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Talk Of QE3 Increases As The Dollar Rises - Time To Reposition [View article]
    And therein lies the rub. Without the money actually getting into the hands of consumers, the recovery can't possibly be robust. It's like a catch-22. Seems all roads (eventually) point to inflation. Just a matter of timing. If not, I think some economic theories will need some serious reworking! :)
    Jan 16 12:45 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Time To Buy The Dips In Homebuilders [View article]
    I am more interested in the forward P/E. But, yes, even that is sky-high for TOL. Note well I am not advising anyone start buying these stocks at the current levels. Buy the dips... In another time, I would have argued it is time to short TOL, but I am no longer interested in shorting these stocks.
    Jan 14 09:11 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Time To Buy The Dips In Homebuilders [View article]
    It makes sense. I just have very little experience with those instruments and can't give an educated opinion on it. I would love to learn more.
    Jan 14 09:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Time To Buy The Dips In Homebuilders [View article]
    Good point on property taxes. I need to keep a closer eye on that!
    Jan 14 09:08 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment