Dr. Duru

View Dr. Duru's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Siemens AG Trades On The Edge As German Manufacturing Continues To Contract [View article]
    Care to provide a few more details? I am not too familiar with the operations in China...
    May 25, 2012. 07:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Pound Continues To Break Down [View article]
    Ah, I see. Well, it all depends on the timeframes. As long as fear dominates in the financial markets and the global economy is grinding down, the pound should have a disadvantage against the U.S. dollar. I agree that the pound gets the advantage on the other side of their austerity program.
    May 25, 2012. 07:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ReneSola Will Survive A Solar Recession [View article]
    ...and insiders keep buying this stock on the cheap! I haven't looked at SOL in a while, but I will be doing so again soon to check whether my expectations for survival through a solar recession are proving accurate.
    May 25, 2012. 07:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Positioning More Bearishly Vs. The Australian Dollar As It Loses 2012′s Gains [View article]
    I agree with you. LNG is a longer-term play though. In the short-term, the slowing global economy is putting constant downward pressure on the Aussie. I currently think it SHOULD stabilize around parity with the U.S. dollar. From the low 90s on down, the Australian dollar becomes a great buy for a longer-term play.
    May 25, 2012. 07:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Pound Continues To Break Down [View article]
    Times change. Are you suggesting that the pound will once again rise to return as the world's reserve currency?
    May 24, 2012. 04:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • As Gold And Silver Reawaken, It's Time To Buy Especially Cheap Miners [View article]
    Hi Maher - not sure what happened. As GH mentions, it was probably a technical glitch. I believe I have answered your questions in email. Now that your comment made it, we should continue the discussion here, so that others can contribute to the discussion if they so choose.

To that end, here is my first response in our exchange for anyone interested (also posted here: http://bit.ly/JMRI95):
    -- --- --

Woah – ok. The comparison to the NASDAQ bubble is pretty compelling for silver, but gold is not quite following the pattern, right? I hate to get too technical for gold and silver because I have very fundamental reasons for wanting to stay in both. With Fleck as confident as ever, I am even more loathe to depart from the gameplan. I do agree with you that a break to fresh lows (a break of support) WILL be a technically important event and cause me some consternation as well. Until that happens, I am full steam ahead. One option to consider is hedging a bit with something like a little ZSL or even selling calls (or buying puts) against existing positions.

I would love to hear Fleck’s gameplan if China collapses into a deflationary funk. It seems to me such an event could be very destructive for gold and silver in the short-run but incredibly bullish after the collapse, just like 2008-2009…

Thanks for dropping this note!
    May 24, 2012. 04:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    New one on me. It is definitely under-performing SLV: http://bit.ly/LtftOg

But it was out-performing for the first several months of its existence.

So, hard to tell what to do on this one!
    May 24, 2012. 04:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks. And of course I have to give credit to Fleck on that one. The man is a paragon of discipline. I wish I had half of what he has.
    May 24, 2012. 04:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    As I mentioned, even for people who already have positions, this is a good time to add to positions. Hopefully, no one commits 100% of capital to these plays (or even a majority of it).

I wish this piece could be the alarm clock though. :)
    May 24, 2012. 04:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Exactly. Taking advantage of people who are desperate for cash.
    May 24, 2012. 04:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Play The End Of Google's 'Nine Lives' Around $600 [View article]
    Thanks for the reference!
    May 22, 2012. 05:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Play The End Of Google's 'Nine Lives' Around $600 [View article]
    I assume you are referring to the longer-term wedge pattern? If so, that is why I noted a price level where my "nine lives" theory gets invalidated.
    May 22, 2012. 05:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Play The End Of Google's 'Nine Lives' Around $600 [View article]
    Thanks. And yes, at $500, GOOG becomes insanely cheap, but that is the bargain I prefer. :)
    In the meantime, I continue to be fascinated with these patterns around $600. As you noted, being short via put spreads is likely the best option on GOOG.
    May 22, 2012. 05:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Play The End Of Google's 'Nine Lives' Around $600 [View article]
    Which expiration are/were you looking at? I wouldn't pay those prices. I prefer to execute this put spread when GOOG pops up away from $600...like on Monday.
    May 22, 2012. 05:28 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Step Aside British Pound, Japanese Yen Returns As Safety Currency Of Choice [View article]
    I have written before about the terrible long-term fundamentals on the yen. I have followed Kyle Bass on this for example that are directly in line with your observations. However, it is taking a LONG time for the fundies to unravel for the yen. This safe haven frenzy is truly a force to behold.
    May 22, 2012. 05:21 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment