Dr. Duru

View Dr. Duru's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Robert Reich Over-Reaches By Blaming Investing, Shopping For Income Inequality [View article]
    That SA article may have been quoting this same Fed paper? It also breaks down the component costs of an iPhone to show how little of the value originates from China.
    Feb 8 05:12 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A Trader's Mantra: Don't Fight The Trend [View article]
    OK. Thx for the reply.
    Feb 8 05:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What's Ahead For U.S. Coal Stocks Up 30% From October Lows [View article]
    So what is going on with demand? Looking at currency markets and recent commentary from the Reserve Bank of Australia, the message I am getting is that the global economy is OK right now and certainly not headed for recession in the near-term. (I just posted a link to a quick note on this in my feed).
    Feb 8 01:15 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Stock That Could Rip If Natural Gas Rebounds Above $4 [View article]
    Gosh - I had no idea about the natural gas franchise. Thanks for the note.
    Feb 8 01:10 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Turn-Around Continues For Lender Processing Services As More Call Buying Counters Increasing Short Interest [View article]
    I forgot to mention in this piece that the call action may also be traders/investors selling covered calls to hedge shares ahead of next week's earnings.
    Feb 7 10:02 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    The consent order with the OCC already forced LPS to take several corrective actions.
    Feb 7 09:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Trader's Mantra: Don't Fight The Trend [View article]
    On SOHU, which trend are you referring too? The multi-year uptrend since about 2005? Or the recent downtrend since all-time highs last Spring? The stock is down about 13% in the pre-market so it *seems* like the recent downtrend continues to dominate. Your commentary did not provide an opinion on SOHU either way.
    Feb 6 09:17 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Yes, I was completely floored as well. And the researchers left me wondering whether they even understood the magnitude of what they were saying! They had a laser focus on understanding the impact of inflation in China.
    Mind you, we still have a huge trade imbalance with China (we export to China much less than we import from China), so that situation will continue to be a political touchstone for trade policy. Also, very specific industries/companies are impacted much more than others by the trade imbalance.
    Feb 5 11:18 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks. Ironically, it was Krugman that flagged the data for me. I heard him mention the 2.7% number in an interview...
    Feb 5 11:14 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • After Amazon.com Earnings, Buy The Stock At The Opening Price [View article]
    If you can get it at $150, I assume it would be a good price. Unless of course it is part of a larger calamity in the general market...
    Feb 5 04:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • U.S. Dollar Drops To Lowest Point Vs. Yen Since October's Intervention [View article]
    Perhaps not SOON, but if US economic numbers continue showing good results, I have to believe USD will get there and more.
    Feb 4 02:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • After Amazon.com Earnings, Buy The Stock At The Opening Price [View article]
    Sorry I couldn't catch this earlier. I NEVER use market orders before the open. There are several clarifications I could have done with this piece, and I will address them in another post which will include the trades I did. Real quick, I put in limit orders on call options, one filled right away at the open. The next filled soon after the open. I then bought some shares. This is my first time noticing AMZN's complete pattern and also executing on the idea. I am essentially testing out the best trading strategy.
    Feb 1 12:25 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • KB Home's Sweet Spot [View article]
    This is definitely a buy on the dip opportunity as I noted in an earlier piece. The refi deal would help homebuilders by keeping more foreclosures from hitting the market. The people otherwise kicked out of their homes will not be buying new homes any time soon anyway. The increase in rentals may help builders like Beazer and Lennar who ventured into property management deals.
    Jan 31 02:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • KB Home's Sweet Spot [View article]
    Wow. I wish you much success!
    Jan 30 09:11 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Wrangling Over Income Inequality: A Comprehensive Review And Critique Of Robert Reich's Book 'Aftershock' [View article]
    I listened to a Planet Money podcast that talked about how Germany got over high levels of unemployment. Job-sharing was one key. There were other "tough medicine" policies that, while they seemed to work, made the sponsoring politicians very unpopular and they were booted in the next election. Very interesting story.
    And, yes, the U.S. story comparing productivity to income is a powerful one. I believe comparing wage gains across education levels is a similarly powerful comparison.
    (For all the other commentators here - I really wish I had time to respond to everything, but I am overwhelmed by the mass of responses. Thank you for your interest in this review!)
    Jan 26 11:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment