Dr. Duru

View Dr. Duru's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Time To Buy The Dips In Homebuilders [View article]
    See my comments above. Since I already own some KBH, I am naturally biased against predicting the stock will sell-off too far. :)
    Jan 14 09:07 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Time To Buy The Dips In Homebuilders [View article]
    Great commentary. I couldn't agree with you more. I want to buy at discounts and discounts usually only come when sentiment is extremely negative and especially when the assumption is that there is no possible way a recovery can ever happen... I am not waiting until it is comfortable to buy!
    Jan 14 09:07 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Time To Buy The Dips In Homebuilders [View article]
    "Soon" - I won't hazard a guess. I would be highly surprised if homebuilders go much higher than current levels anytime soon. But since I already own some KBH, I also won't lament such a miraculous move. Going forward, I am picking price points. For starters, a 20% pullback in the XHB index strikes me as a great opportunity to start building some exposure. I am speculating the recovery will be a process, not an event.
    Jan 14 09:04 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Time To Buy The Dips In Homebuilders [View article]
    It's a portfolio consideration. I am not saying put 80% of your money into homebuilders. I have written extensively about the opportunities in commodities in other posts.
    Jan 14 09:01 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Shorts Are Slowly Locking In Profits On Eastman Kodak [View article]
    Correct! But Kodak still needs more positive news flow...and soon.
    Jan 14 04:25 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Bought Eastman Kodak [View article]
    I just caught what you meant, RAD as in Rite-Aid? Sorry - I don't follow the stock, so I have no opinion on it.
    Jan 12 12:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Bought Eastman Kodak [View article]
    A settlement is supposedly worth about $1B but I didn't see a recurring timeframe put on it. This is another wildcard in EK's favor but I have no idea how to handicap it, so I wouldn't bet on it happening. This is long and on-going effort.
    Jan 12 12:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Bought Eastman Kodak [View article]
    BAC would be another "crazy idea" for 2012 that just might work. I understand your point, and all the negatives on EK, I just don't want to call it dead and buried even as the company is fighting with everything it has to prevent bankruptcy. Unlike, for example, American Airlines which apparently was moving in that direction for a while.
    Jan 12 12:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Bought Eastman Kodak [View article]
    Sorry - who's crystal ball?
    Jan 12 12:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Potential Buying Opportunities As Agricultural Stocks Like Mosaic Limp Into 2012 [View article]
    Good thinking on M&A potential here. I thin kit all depends whether companies feel compelled to make such a move to compete with the ventures in Saudi Arabia and/or Morocco. Regardless, as I mentioned, these stocks seem too cheap to pass up here at least to start an investment in the space.
    Jan 4 02:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • First Solar, Inc., 2012 Guidance/Update Call, Dec 14, 2011 [View article]
    Note that FSLR specifically stated it is no longer chasing subsidized markets. It is focusing a lot more on a sustainable, non-subsidized business model.
    Jan 2 06:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Best Buy Signal Of 2012 [View article]
    I will be looking forward to updates. I have been working on refining an approach to trading/investing against extremes in one of my favorite technical indicators, the percentage of stocks trading above their 40-day moving averages. While it is best used for swing trading, I could see longer-term investors using it to time purchases on dips in the market. My last post and 2011 review is here: http://bit.ly/sfJ53y
    Jan 2 04:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2012 Will Begin With Several Candidate Trades For The Commodity Crash Playbook [View article]
    Seeking Alpha left out the link to the original "Rules and Picks" article. For those interested: http://seekingalpha.co...
    Dec 29 01:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    For clarification, I am definitely waiting to accumulate MORE shares of ANR. I have enough for now! :)
    Dec 29 01:31 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks! I was pleasantly surprised at how well the QE2 anchor-point worked this year.
    Dec 29 01:31 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment