Dr. Duru

View Dr. Duru's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Post-Icahn And Pre-September News Cycle, Apple Enthusiasm Rushes Back In [View article]
    Apple Insider produced a story today about Apple taking shipments of set top boxes. Presumably this indicates the potential for some major Apple TV product announcement. I for one will be crossing my fingers! :)

Story here: http://bit.ly/18DwOA6
    Sep 4 01:16 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    To be clear, I am noting that Apple goes through *phases* where the put/call ratio is strongly correlated with share price. I think the chart speaks for itself. Of course there are lots of influences on the stock, but those go in and out of "style" as well. For example, sometimes, AAPL is a great play on its low valuation. Another time, sentiment changes, and it is all about fear of declining margins. Etc...
    Sep 4 09:56 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for the kudos. I agree on the commentary. Thanks everyone.
    Sep 4 09:54 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Icahn Secures Apple's Bottom [View article]
    The concerns are the same but the last two earnings seem to be turning opinion around that AAPL can overcome these pressures. Icahn's move here will be interpreted as being a positive indicator for October earnings which will now be even more critical than the previous two. I suspect the stock will rally into those earnings all else being equal (that is the general stock market doesn't suffer a large correction during that time)
    Aug 14 09:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bullish Earnings Trading Patterns And Sentiment Collide With Apple's Recent Downtrend [View article]
    I forgot to note it was a 420/430 spread. It was looking REAL good when Apple hit $430 or so in after-hours trading. I am actually a bit stunned it managed to fall all the way backward to $405 by the end of trading . VERY bad sign and poor momentum for tomorrow's open. A negative close tomorrow would signal a resumption of Apple's on-going weakness. Too bad too. It was looking really good there for a while!
    Apr 23 07:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I never even thought to look at serial patterns. As you can tell from the charts, I focused on year-over-year. I don't have time now, but I will look into this. Since AAPL's history is dominated by a long, extended uptrend, doubtful Apple has had many 3-quarter strings of poor earnings.
    Apr 23 03:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Yes. Expires this Friday although I would prefer longer, like May. Just happened to have this call spread as an outcrop from trading last week.

If I were long over 1000 shares with avg price of $550, I would have sold a while ago! But at this point, I would be more interested in buying some puts to hedge such a huge position. I would not replace with calls because of the size of the potential loss if the timing is wrong.
    Apr 23 03:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    We are all waiting (and hoping) for a positive report that gets a positive reaction. Good luck to you!
    Apr 23 09:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apparent Lack Of Negative Sentiment On Apple Makes It Hard To Call A Bottom [View article]
    Thanks. You also reminded me that I didn't do my own rough calculation on what the market seems to be assuming about a future deep dive in Apple's earnings potential...
    Mar 11 10:11 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    That's correct. Short interest in AAPL is very small and it has not grown for quite some time....
    Mar 11 10:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Article published a day after I originally wrote it, so quick technical update...

AAPL bounced nicely on Tuesday after tagging the lower "Bollinger Band" which even in this downtrend has tended to favor a quick bounce for AAPL. However, the stock has established a new, steeper downtrend that has diverged from the 20-day moving average. Tuesday's sharp rally also stopped right at the presumed support (now resistance) at $431/432.

I would like to think the recent low of $420 will hold as "the bottom" finally, but there is no evidence yet to suggest a firm bottom was put in place...
    Mar 6 05:50 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Trade Apple's Breakdown As Negative Sentiment Grows [View article]
    Really?! Do tell. You are the first person I know who has expressed a preference for Apple maps. I love the interface and functionality but have waited for location bug fixes before using it.

Regardless, I love your characterization: " Funny how the ONLY positive aapl news are actually facts."

Finally, using the above strategy and data patterns, I already got into a fresh call spread on Friday's weakness. Good luck to you too!
    Dec 17 05:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Trade Apple's Breakdown As Negative Sentiment Grows [View article]
    Just in time, Apple releases data from first China sales of iPhone5 and they look strong: http://tinyurl.com/bpv...

So much for the rumor mongering.

Should make for an interesting Monday morning given another analyst downgraded Apple over the weekend.
    Dec 17 04:03 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Understanding Apple's Recent Share Price Weakness [View article]
    Brilliant. Great stuff.
    Nov 28 04:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lessons Learned As Apple Earnings Deliver Dream For Options Sellers [View article]
    A stock split is loooong overdue.
    Oct 27 06:41 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment