Dr. Kris

View Dr. Kris' Comments BY TICKER:
  • 7 Fat Years Of Event-Driven Investing [View article]
    Hi Chris,

There should be an index of Hedge Fund redemptions off which you can base a fund.

Okay, doing a search, apparently there is: http://bit.ly/1txYT6M

Seriously. I did not know.

Throwing in my two cents, you may wish to read articles outside of the financial literature for inspiration such as Wired, MIT Technology Review, and Popular Science. 'Tis the season to look outside of the box.

All the best to you and your family,

Dr. Kris
    Dec 2, 2014. 01:04 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What did the billionaires do in Q3? [View news story]
    I think there should be an index based on arbitrage between the Millionaire/Billionaire indices. I mean, what's next--the Kumquat index?
    Nov 25, 2014. 02:59 PM | 11 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy Rand Worldwide Before It Completes Another Self Tender Offer And Goes Completely Private [View article]
    Boy, were you ever right--great call! Very sorry I didn't read this sooner...
    Nov 4, 2014. 03:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Michael Kors Vs Coach: 1 Chart Says It All [View article]
    And I have an absolutely ancient MCM large tote that probably has racked up enough frequent flier miles to go to the moon and back. And the bag still looks like new!

Yep, they don't make 'em like the used to...
    Nov 4, 2014. 03:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Michael Kors Vs Coach: 1 Chart Says It All [View article]
    Mitch & Vireo,

I didn't mean to strike such a major controversy, but at my local Santa Monica based stores, yes, the Michael Kors bags really have been reduced at least twice. Nobody seems to want to buy them here.

Regarding $COH, yes, it can go lower, but you'll need to find out if the CEO can turn the company around. What they need to do is be innovative and great--I hate their logo handbags but I have loved the few that are innovative and have been orphaned--and those are the ones they need to promote--the daring, fun, darlings that their designers have said "Look at this!"

I do think both of these companies can go higher, but they both need marketing teams that can assess future needs and design teams that can translate them into viable goods. Perhaps the days of designer initials on everything are gone but I do think that the days of quality workmanship are here to stay... and that's a major selling point. And that's one point on which I think both of these manufacturers can (and need to) execute.

Dr. K
    Nov 4, 2014. 03:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • QuickChat #275, November 3, 2014 [View instapost]
    LT,

I'm not a Forex trader but I did recommend to my subscribers on 7/30/14 that they go long the USD (based on $UUP) and short the euro (based on $FXE). As of today, the $UUP is up 6.9% while the $FXE is down by the same amount.

Yes, it has been one of the best Forex trades in recent years.

Also agree with you on the significance of weak oil and Apple's European bond offerings. Somethin's goin' on...and I believe has been for a while...
    Nov 3, 2014. 10:59 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Michael Kors Vs Coach: 1 Chart Says It All [View article]
    I've seeing a lot of Michael Kors' bags piling up in the bargain bins lately, if that means anything...
    Nov 3, 2014. 05:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • $33,000 Portfolio: Mostly Cash Ahead Of Elections And Snow-Hurricanes [View article]
    I didn't look at the article's date--thought it was more recent. My mistake.
    Oct 17, 2014. 12:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Joe,

You've written extremely glowing articles on Tonix Pharamaceuticals $TNXP yet I'm wondering why it hasn't been a part of your portfolio..?

Dr. K
    Oct 10, 2014. 12:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Retrophin: Additional Red Flags Signal Extreme Caution For Investors [View article]
    I smell a sequel to The Wolf of Wall Street lurking in this soap opera saga. It would be funny but for the fact that innocent people (investors, patients) are the ones taking the lumps.

Dr. K
    Sep 29, 2014. 08:07 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Overstock to permit Bitcoin payments for international sales [View news story]
    Ever since my phone was taken over and corrupted by bitcoin miners I'm not so accepting of the "currency." If a company is relying on this form of monetary transaction, I'd be suspicious.

Not saying that virtual currency can't have its place--just not sure how it fits in...

Dr. Kris
    Aug 20, 2014. 02:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Swine Flu, MERS, Ebola And Medical News Concentrator June 7, 2014 To August 16, 2014 [View instapost]
    Mercy,

As always, you are true in your writings. Was wondering today why Fuji broke out but you explained it. Had no idea Fuji was into healthcare.

Thank you so much!

Dr. Kris
    Aug 8, 2014. 04:20 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Notes: A Note On Ackman's Herbalife Fiasco -- July 22 [View instapost]
    William,

Completely agree with you on your analysis.

Carl Icahn tried to give Ackman a few pointers but that didn't seem to work out so well...

Kris

PS: Have you considered getting your knee surgery done in Thailand? I hear the quality is much better at a fraction of the cost here. Realizing the savings, some medical insurance companies are beginning to cover foreign procedures. Plus, you get to eat Thai food!
    Jul 25, 2014. 07:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Notes: A Note On Ackman's Herbalife Fiasco -- July 22 [View instapost]
    I hear they're looking to cast a new Gordon Gekko for Wall Street 3.
    Jul 23, 2014. 01:51 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Notes: A Note On Ackman's Herbalife Fiasco -- July 22 [View instapost]
    I think his run has run out.
    Jul 22, 2014. 11:10 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment