Dr. Terry Allen

View Dr. Terry Allen's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Intel Inside The Apple iPad? It Makes Sense! [View article]
    Great comments. Thank you.
    Dec 2 09:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An Options Play For The Upcoming Apple Earnings Announcement [View article]
    I'm sorry it doesn't work for you. It works on my computer and most others.
    Oct 25 08:14 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An Options Play For The Upcoming Apple Earnings Announcement [View article]
    Oct 24 04:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: A Match Or Mismatch For Calendar Spreads? [View article]
    Good explanation of calendar spreads. I might add that they can be used as bullish bets if you select only higher strikes. I wrote a Seeking Alpha article a few weeks ago where I showed how I made 613% in seven weeks using calendar spreads on Apple in a period when the stock was moving higher.
    Oct 15 10:19 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Strategies For Making Extraordinary Returns With Apple Options [View article]
    Looks like a safe bet at this time. Good luck with it.
    Oct 8 08:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An Options Idea To Safely Finance Your Retirement Using Apple [View article]
    I agree with your thinking, and also have a considerable amount invested in vertical call spreads expiring in January 2013 which will double my money if AAPL is over $700. I am an AAPL bull, especially at this time, and in spite of what has happened over the past two weeks.
    Oct 8 08:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An Options Idea To Safely Finance Your Retirement Using Apple [View article]
    Nothing wrong with your thinking. I do think it is possible to eliminate losses by adding downside calendar spreads if the stock does move lower. Probably there would be no gains in those periods when the extra spreads would have to be bought, but it would enable you to stay invested more of the time.
    Oct 8 08:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An Options Idea To Safely Finance Your Retirement Using Apple [View article]
    Good advice, Bill. He might by my eBook - Making 36% (for $5.95) which includes full descriptions of calendar spreads, vertical spreads, and options in general - available at TerrysTips.com.
    Oct 8 08:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An Options Idea To Safely Finance Your Retirement Using Apple [View article]
    Your return on investment is generally much lower when you have to post so much money to sell those puts naked.
    Oct 8 08:13 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An Options Idea To Safely Finance Your Retirement Using Apple [View article]
    It all sounds awful but if you read it carefully, all it says is that I must obey the law. I have done exactly that. In settling with the SEC, I did not admit guilt to any of their allegations, and they have obviously been watching me carefully for the last seven years.
    Oct 8 08:12 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An Options Idea To Safely Finance Your Retirement Using Apple [View article]
    Yes, it will start trading Wednesday, October 10.
    Oct 8 08:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An Options Idea To Safely Finance Your Retirement Using Apple [View article]
    The risk profile graph without the put spreads shows a loss would result if the stock fell $50 but there were greater gains if it stayed flat or went up by any amount.
    Oct 8 08:01 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An Options Idea To Safely Finance Your Retirement Using Apple [View article]
    Congratulations on your foresight and patience. There must have been many times when you were tempted to sell. Good work.
    Oct 7 07:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An Easy Options Strategy For Apple Bulls To Protect Against A $50 Drop In The Stock Price [View article]
    The strategy does not work with any stock with a liquid option market, unfortunately. You have to look around. The principle is the same, but not all underlying stocks have the same implied volatilities. I could not come up with a comparable graph using SPY, for example. You can't buy 10% downside protection and still make much money on the upside. SPY options carry about an implied volatility of one-half of AAPL.
    Oct 6 08:11 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Both the numbers you cite are more than double the numbers you had in your first comment. Use your new numbers and you would end up almost exactly at the numbers I first published.
    Oct 6 07:57 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment