Dustin Moore

View Dustin Moore's Comments BY TICKER:
  • HipCricket: An Emerging Leader In Mobile Marketing [View instapost]
    Thanks Mitshu35. A higher P/R multiple is warranted. Particularly with solid growth projections and profitable business model.
    Nov 5 01:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • HipCricket: An Emerging Leader In Mobile Marketing [View instapost]
    Thanks Tom!
    Nov 5 01:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • HipCricket: An Emerging Leader In Mobile Marketing [View instapost]
    Seth-

Your comments are very much appreciated! I'm glad you found it informative.
    SA did not want to publish. I'm probably biased :-) but I agree this work is better than several articles I have seen..
    Nov 5 01:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • HipCricket: An Emerging Leader In Mobile Marketing [View instapost]
    I should also note, I believe the likelihood of a strategic acquisition is high. Management has indicated this is something they will pursue if they see an opportunity.
    Nov 5 09:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Take-Two: A Compelling Value With 2 Asymmetric Options [View article]
    Great analysis BTW. Very similar to my own.

~1B cash
    divided by
    ~88m shares outstanding

= roughly $11.26 a share in cash. That's crazy.

I'm probably missing something here..
    Nov 4 10:32 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Take-Two: A Compelling Value With 2 Asymmetric Options [View article]
    @firstadopter How are you calculating $7.76 within a couple of quarters? I'm getting a higher number.
    Nov 4 08:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An Inside Look Into Apple's Latest Attack On VirnetX's Patents [View article]
    Expiration of patents shouldn't be a big concern. They still have several years left. Regardless, even if a patent is expired, it is still enforceable for the duration it was being infringed and valid.

It's impossible to say when the judge will rule. I have been saying for quite some time that it will take longer than most expect. Passing Oct. 17th may be a key date. I would say sometime after that point. But again, its like throwing darts at the wall.
    Oct 7 10:51 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • An Inside Look Into Apple's Latest Attack On VirnetX's Patents [View article]
    Great contribution!
    Yes, it is a rough road for them. It appears their best bet is to loop in with NB's requests.

As far as the other recent Appeals court ruling (above link), I think that has a LOT of relevance with the ongoing reexaminations. VirnetX has repeatedly complained that they aren't getting a fair opportunity to respond...EXACTLY what the Appeals court scolded the USPTO for.

See here:

"Because the Office changed its positions and simultaneously closed prosecution in the same communication, the Office did not afford VirnetX a fair opportunity to respond..."

I agree that. in the end, the Appeal courts likely will have the final say with Apple/VirnetX fight.
    Oct 7 02:15 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Vringo Reexamination Update [View article]
    Thanks as usual for sharing your broad knowledge of the reexaminiation process in context of Vringo's situation.
    Sep 24 09:33 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • VirnetX Quietly Expands Its Multi-Billion Dollar Patent Arsenal [View article]
    It appears that VirnetX and the USPTO are at an impasse with the remaining pending LTE-A applications. The remaining are rejected and VirnetX could not come to an agreement on claim language for allowance with the examiner.

IMO the board will determine these applications' fate going forward.
    Sep 21 08:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apricus Biosciences' Promising Pipeline Points To A Bright Future [View article]
    Great minds think alike blue...
    Aug 20 03:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An Overreaction To The Latest Apple Ploy [View instapost]
    I agree. Davis is quite wise in hindsight. He spun off the ongoing royalty issue specifically to get VirnetX justice for past infringement, while he can now take his time to deal with the complexities he clearly knew would be coming..
    Aug 17 11:58 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • An Overreaction To The Latest Apple Ploy [View instapost]
    I've long thought the RR decision was several weeks away, at the soonest. But I actually think Apple's maneuvering may speed up the royalty rate decision by the Judge, in part. The ruling may be broken up now, with the royalty rate decision based on Apple's use up to Spring 2013 decided first; meanwhile kicking judgement of "colorably different" down the road.
    Aug 17 06:16 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • An Overreaction To The Latest Apple Ploy [View instapost]
    VPNonDemand appears to be fully in play, at least I did not hear anything about a "colorably different" workaround...however I'm getting conflicting reports on that. If anyone has any details on that, it would be appreciated.
    Aug 15 11:39 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Your comment is much appreciated Alex. I’m glad you found this informative.
    I believe securing this IP could further pin down litigants (like Avaya) and push non-litigants into settlement/licensing.
    Aug 8 04:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment