Dustin Small

View Dustin Small's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Revisiting Lululemon Price Target [View article]
    Agreed - and the 3-5% y/y sales growth used in the DCF model is too low in my opinion. Doesn't take much of a miss on those numbers to completely change the outcome of these sorts of models.
    Jan 16, 2015. 08:36 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Deep Discount Strategy For Apple: Initial Price Target [View article]
    Hi Montie,

Yes, I've been steadily adding to my position on any dips to around $500. AAPL is still a good long term hold in my opinion.
    Feb 23, 2014. 09:28 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Truth About Robin Raina's Ebix: Part I [View article]
    David - I too found the "attaboy" from SA to be out of place (and really a bit odd to be honest), but didn't take the time to air my views on this. You've captured what I was thinking very well though - thanks.
    Jun 24, 2013. 06:24 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Very Undervalued Stock Yielding 5% Plus A 7.3% 'Special Dividend' [View article]
    Good article. Despite what the numbers show with respect to increasing EPS, etc. I just can't get past the fact that absolutely no one I know smokes, and that smoking is such a social stigma these days.
    Jun 9, 2013. 09:25 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Position Your Stock Portfolio To Win With Rising Interest Rates [View article]
    Some great advice. I am looking to transition a portion of my portfolio to fixed income (bonds) but agree with you that now is perhaps not the best time to do so.
    Jun 2, 2013. 08:06 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Caterpillar: Buy Now As The Shares Have Bottomed Out [View article]
    Great article SG. I recently conducted a detailed analysis of CAT on my blog as well, and looked at several valuation techniques in the process. My valuation came out to about $91 at the moment, so it is indeed trading at a bit of a discount. Usually I would like more of a safety factor, but given that this is a solid dividend growth stock I did buy in at the 83.50 level.
    May 4, 2013. 02:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Chevron's Shares Continue To Offer Long-Term Appeal Trading At All-Time Highs [View article]
    Excellent article. I too initiated a new position in CVX recently, despite trading at all time highs. I agree with the points made in your article. Good work.
    Apr 29, 2013. 03:33 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy Caterpillar On 25% Pullback [View article]
    Good article and I agree with your analysis. I am long CAT as well and will be adding to my position at these prices.
    Apr 22, 2013. 10:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Truth About Robin Raina's Ebix: Part I [View article]
    If you do a "whois" query on their website, the website was only registered a few days ago (Feb. 16) so it appears this "company" was created simply to publish this article.
    Feb 21, 2013. 01:10 PM | 10 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Deep Discount Strategy For Apple: Initial Price Target [View article]
    Well, finally hit our entry target today. Some of the fundamentals have changed since I originally wrote this article so be sure to use due diligence before entering.
    Jan 15, 2013. 10:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Deep Discount Strategy For Apple: Initial Price Target [View article]
    Thanks very much snagit! Yes, we're not too far off now. I still plan to enter once the target entry price is hit. I think there's a very good possibility of that happening over the next few weeks - let's see.
    Dec 14, 2012. 09:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Crossroads: Which Direction Is Microsoft Headed? [View article]
    Interesting comment - thanks. Yes, I've been keeping an eye on Yahoo as well now that Mayer is at the helm. If anyone can turn it around I think it's her. Will be interesting to see how this agreement with Yahoo plays out and whether both companies can come out stronger as a result.
    Nov 25, 2012. 06:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Crossroads: Which Direction Is Microsoft Headed? [View article]
    Thanks very much for the kind words - I appreciate it!
    Nov 23, 2012. 02:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Crossroads: Which Direction Is Microsoft Headed? [View article]
    Hi Paul - Yes, those "Apply guy vs. PC guy" commercials really did a great job in portraying Windows PCs as uncool. I agree though that now that Microsoft has the right mix of products to appeal to the younger crowd and if they put some solid advertising behind it, they will go a long way.
    Nov 23, 2012. 02:20 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Crossroads: Which Direction Is Microsoft Headed? [View article]
    Hi Techy - thanks for the comment. It's always nice to get some validation for an idea and glad that you agree with me. Yes, it will be interesting to see how things pan out over the next year or so.
    Nov 23, 2012. 02:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment