Dutch Trader

View Dutch Trader's Comments BY TICKER:
  • China New Borun EPS $0.13 [View news story]
    I guess some investors didn't like the numbers. After Hours biggest decliner.
    Aug 21 06:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tetragon Financial Group: A Heavily Undervalued CLO Manager [View article]
    Tetragon considers a buyback always a dynamic opportunity for their available cash. The only thing they don't mention is certain numbers (amounts).
    Aug 21 03:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tetragon Financial Group: A Heavily Undervalued CLO Manager [View article]
    To be honest I really have no idea how large the buyback and the issuing is going to be going forward.
    Aug 21 02:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • NQ Mobile: It Can't All Be A Scam, Can It? [View article]
    When the dust settles, favorably, a company with 40% revenue growth, 30% operating margins valued at 4x earnings, should be hard for investors to ignore. The company's uncertainties are overly exaggerated.
    Aug 21 08:36 AM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • NQ Mobile: It Can't All Be A Scam, Can It? [View article]
    I think they will do some restatements in the end. The "Fraud" word in the China investment space is nowadays widely accepted and used. Everything that is different or questionable is already considered "Fraud".
    Aug 21 07:47 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: American Lorain Earnings [View article]
    I am still invested in some Chinese stocks, but I agree with you that it's is difficult to weed out the "legitimate" ones.
    Aug 18 10:05 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Willi-Food: A Ridiculously Cheap Food Company [View article]
    If the company can achieve considerable growth outside Israel and migitate their lackluster performance in Israel the stock could be a double from here. I totally agree with the fact that the Kosher food market is growing at warp speed outside Israel. There is were the opportunities are for G. Willi.
    Aug 17 08:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Kingold Jewelry Earnings [View article]
    It has indeed a VIE-structure (contractual agreement) like many Chinese businesses. This is of course a bigger risk, then when the company owns the business themselves.
    Aug 17 05:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Sino Agro Food Earnings [View article]
    Just send me the "whistleblower" report, so I can decide for myself if the company is a complete fraud.
    Aug 16 01:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Kingold Jewelry Earnings [View article]
    But I totally agree with you that investors lost their faith in this company, but also in most other China small caps. I sold my shares when I saw that related party loan issue in their 10-K.

Personally I think management learned from this big red flag, that' s why the board implemented remedial actions:
    - They immediately adopted a resolution requiring board approval for any transaction greater than $250,000 and
    - They are exploring other actions which include enhanced reporting procedures for material transactions below $250,000 and recruiting qualified professionals with experience in non-routine and complex transactions.

I am waiting for a sustainable dividend policy before I buy these shares again. Despite that, I think the current stock price is a steal for high-risk oriented investors that know the pitfalls of investing in Chinese stocks.
    Aug 16 05:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Sino Agro Food Earnings [View article]
    I agree with your thesis, but I looked at the book value of the company. That's why my short time (<1 year) target is a four bagger.

In your case we are looking to a company with a market cap of more than $7.6 billion.
    Aug 16 05:27 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Kingold Jewelry Earnings [View article]
    Kingold Jewelry (NASDAQ:KGJI) is in the gold jewelry business, so that is a big difference than the normal jewelry business. They design and manufacture 24-karat gold jewelry, ornaments, and investment-oriented products.
    Aug 15 01:57 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Allied Motion Technologies Earnings [View article]
    Yes, I totally agree. This is one of the most promising industrial tech companies around.
    Aug 15 06:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • NQ Mobile Could Be The Latest Company To Be Acquired Or Taken Private: But At What Price? [View article]
    It's the first time that I hear that. Can you provide me with the Chinese and HK asset managers and can you provide me the fraud report of J Capital.
    Aug 11 02:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Great Margins At A Low Cost: The Case For magicJack VocalTec [View article]
    I always wonder why folks short a stock when the valuation metrics are already very low. The only thing I can imagine why they would do it is the fact that they think the company is a fraud or think the company doesn't have a viable business model anymore.
    Aug 10 05:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment