Dutch Trader

View Dutch Trader's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Sino Agro Food: Take Action While You Are Waiting [View article]
    Joe, the CFO is not running the show anymore because he depends on the complete management team. Also the fact that he has a minority equity stake bodes well for improved corporate governance.
    Jun 10 09:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sino Agro Food: Take Action While You Are Waiting [View article]
    So I guess we don't have to worry about dilution anymore, because SIAF seems to work on some bank financing. Details are unknown, but it could be announced anytime soon.
    Jun 10 09:07 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sino Agro Food: Take Action While You Are Waiting [View article]
    @JoeNatural @RealDutch Dilution is not the issue, because book value and EPS has grown accordingly.
    Jun 10 08:40 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sino Agro Food: Take Action While You Are Waiting [View article]
    I didn't go myself to China, but I know some Swedish investors that went.

Jun 10 08:23 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • American Lorain, More Questions Than Answers [View article]
    In many Chinese companies the chairman or CEO are the ones that decide everything. Personally I think this one of the weaknesses of their business and is also not benificial for good corporate governance.
    May 27 04:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • American Lorain, More Questions Than Answers [View article]
    In my opinion the big argument in this discussion has to be:

Why management (CEO?) or the board doesn't do any explanation of some issues that are pending? Even a quarterly conference call to discuss their financials has already been a very long time ago.

Similar US-listed China small caps make at least some time to discuss the financials and are open to questions.

Mr. David She is a good example of how management has to communicate with shareholders. He deserves a statue and I really hope he will get a better job somewhere else.
    May 27 11:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • American Lorain, An Undervalued Opportunity [View article]
    @roojoo I mean the investment thesis is still there: undervalued and room for improvement. But certain actions of management (CEO) are just not what I would like to see as an investor. Hopefully we can discuss this later on, otherwise I will publish the article in my Instablog.
    May 23 04:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • American Lorain, An Undervalued Opportunity [View article]
    I submitted my findings about American Lorain today, so it's up to SA if they are going to publish it. To be honest I have mixed feelings about the company right now.

I hope we can discuss this later on.
    May 23 04:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • American Lorain, An Undervalued Opportunity [View article]
    I guess CEO is not cooperative, so who still own shares.......SELL!
    May 22 04:34 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • American Lorain, An Undervalued Opportunity [View article]
    It looks like!
    May 22 03:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Multiple Red Flags At Kingold Jewelry [View article]
    btw This is not specific for KGJI, all these US-listed China stocks have to raise awareness and confidence. If a company has the sources (cash) to create shareholder value without hurting their operational business they have almost the obligation to do this. Especially in the case of China stocks.
    May 16 04:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Multiple Red Flags At Kingold Jewelry [View article]
    If they want to create value they have to do something (dividend, buy back) or they have to sell their business to the Kuwaiti for a hefty premium. Lets not prejudge and wait for what happens in June.

They have to show something otherwise the stock price will stay around these levels (or lower) until they go dark or private.

May 16 04:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Multiple Red Flags At Kingold Jewelry [View article]
    I am curious if the company will take care of their shareholders. If they would decide to do a buy back or initiate a dividend I will change my opinion radically. For now I will watch it closely!
    May 16 04:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • American Lorain, An Undervalued Opportunity [View article]
    RJT was a real portfolio with real money that was one of the requirements for participation. Only we didn't put the money ourselves, we had an outside investor.

The switch to a real fund, AFM and DNB approved, was opposed by our employer. The main reason is the fact that it becomes then professional anda "real" fund with many investors has nothing to do with a competition anymore because you can get conflict of interests, etc.
    May 16 03:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • American Lorain, An Undervalued Opportunity [View article]
    Unfortunately we got a big redemption in our fund and we had to liquidate all the assets. Last year we had a great year with RJT but because of the decline in small caps, biotech, technology and Chinese stocks our biggest investor lost faith in our strategy.

With a yield of almost 42% since December 2012 we made a nice profit, but investing in small caps. Especially the Chinese names takes balls and a long term view.

May 16 07:21 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment