Dutch Trader

View Dutch Trader's Comments BY TICKER:

• Still In Love With U.S.-Listed China Stocks? [View article]
    What is exactly a fraud? That's the question!

What for Chinese entrepreneurs is normal behavior, could be in our society seen as fraud.
    Oct 26, 2011. 02:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Still In Love With U.S.-Listed China Stocks? [View article]
    I have to agree with you there amalagoli! But what I wanted to explain is that everyone is negative about the Chinese economy, while many companies are still growing double-digit.
    Oct 26, 2011. 02:13 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Still In Love With U.S.-Listed China Stocks? [View article]
    Come on! I don't apology because I know there are some winners in the long run. You are just generalizing, not every RTO is of course a fraud.

American Lorain for example does business with some Dutch companies and yes it's verified. So in God's sake how can you say that all of them are frauds....lol.......Do you live in Doomland?
    Oct 26, 2011. 02:05 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Taking A Break From Apple [View article]
    New revenue stream for Apple!

Oct 25, 2011. 04:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Taking A Break From Apple [View article]
    Chinese handsets drive smart phone price war

I admire Apple until now because the smartphone market is becoming a commodity market where margins will decline.
    Oct 23, 2011. 01:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Taking A Break From Apple [View article]
    Apple takes a 30% cut!

Oct 22, 2011. 05:34 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Taking A Break From Apple [View article]
    To be honest yes I constructed reasons afterwards, but one reason kept with me from the beginning and that's the fact that Apple has grown and grown so fast and has become so big that I am even afraid that they can't withdraw their money from the bank without causing problems.
    Oct 21, 2011. 03:09 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Taking A Break From Apple [View article]
    It's not that analysts don't like Apple, because most of them have a buy recommendation. It is just the fact that it has become so big, that you get scared that the growth story (double digit) will end in some years. What's quite normal for big companies.
    Oct 21, 2011. 03:06 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Taking A Break From Apple [View article]
    I changed my view for several reasons. One of the reasons is that it's market cap is not going to double in the nearby future. Last weekend I was thinking competition is heating up (Samsung, HTC, Google) so on one way or the other it has to impact the growth story.

There are too many free apps available. Apple can't accept a future in which too many apps are technically free — something that has already happened on Android — unless they are also taking a cut when money changes hands outside of app download.

Of course I am still a big Apple fan, only for now I prefer the sideline.
    Oct 20, 2011. 05:45 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Taking A Break From Apple [View article]
    I bought some Nutreco (AMS: NUO) and TomTom (AMS:TOM2) in Amsterdam.
    Oct 20, 2011. 05:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Taking A Break From Apple [View article]
    This made me sell:

Everybody knows Apple managed to calm the disappointed herd, mainly by using the phrase “we’re thrilled” seven times during the call while pointing out that the big miss in iPhone sales was likely due to everybody waiting around to buy the new iPhone 4S. But not one of Wall Street’s Finest—not one—asked about the most disturbing pattern coming out of Apple’s earning release: the measly 1% year/year revenue increase at Apple’s retail stores, the 26% year/year profit decline at Apple’s retail stores, and the mere 4% year/year growth in visitors to Apple’s retail stores. Certainly, there was an impact at the retail stores from the Apple Faithful waiting for the new iPhone. But even before this quarter's jaw-dropping sequential-quarter momentum collapse from up 36% in June to up 1% in September—a downshift we can not recall seeing at any retailer, ever (please come up with one, and we'll highlight it here)—the Apple retail stores had been losing their mojo. For example, from the December 2009 to the June 2010 quarter, retail visits rose from 51 million to 61 million. This year, visits from December 2010 to June 2011 did not rise at all—from 76 million to 74 million. Something’s happening here. What it is ain’t—exactly—clear.
    Oct 20, 2011. 04:42 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Brief History Of The Financial Crisis: Avoid European Financials [View article]
    Not all of the European banks are of course bad investments for the long run. ING for example!

Oct 12, 2011. 10:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Business Model Is Iconic And Sustainable [View article]
    For a lot of youngsters and young adults the iPhone brand is considered cool. You are completely right with your statement that cool means a fantastic industrial design and deep practical purpose.

Maybe I had to explain these aspects better in this article.

Thanks for your comments, it helps me to become a better contributor.
    Oct 10, 2011. 12:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kraft Foods: An American Powerhouse [View article]
    Yes, indeed!
    Oct 8, 2011. 11:40 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Kraft Foods: An American Powerhouse [View article]
    You get two different shares, because I guess they seek two different listings.
    Oct 7, 2011. 02:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment