Dutch Trader

View Dutch Trader's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • What The iPhone 5 Tells Us About Cook As Apple's CEO [View article]
    I really think Apple is going to take over TomTom with some pocket money.
    Sep 24, 2012. 08:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tobacco Stocks: Time To Be Cautious? [View article]
    The payout ratios of tobacco stocks are extremely high
    especially considering a declining U.S. market, myriad lawsuits, and the potential for more marketing restrictions.

So I agree with @robgra that these payouts may not be sustainable.

Sep 23, 2012. 01:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Longwei Petroleum Investment Holding's Management Discusses F4Q2012 Results - Earnings Call Transcript [View article]
    If they are clever they issue some kind of covered bonds with a 5% coupon.
    Sep 18, 2012. 07:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Watch Out For The One-Time Revenue Effect [View article]
    I agree that Beanstream has a lot of potential and I believe LMPL could further enhance growth. But the one time revenue effect plays a significant role in the EPS for the coming years, that's why they have to spend the cash that they got from their settlements invest profitably.
    Sep 17, 2012. 12:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • China's Leveraged Buyout Spree Not Ending [View article]
    Prove to me that I called you a liar, I can't remember. Normally I don't use that kind of words.

But yes, what happened with TBET is really sad. Especially the fact that the company doesn't communicate anymore.
    Sep 6, 2012. 08:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • China's Leveraged Buyout Spree Not Ending [View article]
    John I would be happy to know which US-listed China stock you like?
    Sep 6, 2012. 03:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Must Buy Agriculture Stocks [View article]
    From a fundamental point of view I would say have a look at Yongye International Inc (YONG). It's a Chinese fertilizer company, it has some institutional ownership and in my opinion a going private candidate.

Sep 4, 2012. 11:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • New Reasons To Have Faith In Nokia's Recovery [View article]
    The conversion rate is very important for Nokia. Especially if they can emerge users to switch from low-end phones to Lumia. Or from Asha to Lumia.
    Sep 4, 2012. 10:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • China Presents Big Opportunity For Hollywood [View article]
    I am really sorry but I forgot to put the source of the two tables. With your permission I will correct it.
    Sep 4, 2012. 04:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • China Presents Big Opportunity For Hollywood [View article]
    It's true, I didn't know the company. Thanks for mentioning.
    Sep 3, 2012. 01:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A History Of Profit In Petroleo Brasileiro Petrobras [View article]
    I agree with your fundamental thesis on PBR.
    Sep 3, 2012. 10:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • China Presents Big Opportunity For Hollywood [View article]
    TimeWarner (TWX) is of course also one of the companies that can profit from the opening of the Chinese film market.
    Sep 3, 2012. 09:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Delhaize And Ahold: 2 'American' Food Retailers Trading Cheaper Than Peers [View article]
    Nice to see your analysis.

Ahold second quarter results were more or less in line with market expectations. Net sales came in at EUR 7,692 mln versus consensus at EUR 7,666 mln. Underlying operating profit was EUR 327 mln compared with consensus at EUR 331mln. Net profit was slightly higher at EUR 248 mln compared with consensus at EUR 239 mln. US identical sales growth (excl. gasoline) came in at 2.2% and was higher than consensus at consensus 1.6%. NL identical sales were in line: 1.5% versus consensus 1.3%. Sales contribution from BOL.com was EUR 60 mln, slightly lower than expected.

Underlying EBIT profitability was strong in the US and in line in Other Europe. However, due to price investments, increased promotions and an unsuccessful European football championship campaign, underlying EBIT profitability fell short materially in the Netherlands (5.4% versus 6% expected). Since group underlying EBIT is in line with consensus, consensus estimates in 2012 will be the same.

Ahold expects ongoing difficult market conditions and is cautious for rising material costs. BTW THEY ALL DO!

Ahold will open its 1st food shop tailored to singles in Germany in 2 weeks.
    Aug 29, 2012. 09:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Google Is Going To Be A Big Loser [View article]
    That's true I am not a patent lawyer.
    Aug 28, 2012. 03:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • China's Leveraged Buyout Spree Not Ending [View article]
    I wish I could say $4, but in most cases management offers only a premium of 100-150%.
    Aug 26, 2012. 02:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment