Dutch Trader

View Dutch Trader's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Why Cleantech Solutions Should Be Trading At $19 [View article]
    I agree with the author that this company is worthy to look at from a fundamental point of view. My opinion is that we will first see $8 in the short term.
    Nov 20, 2012. 05:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • China Digital TV Holding - More Questions Than Answers [View article]
    If my view was riddled: Why the SEC raised serious questions?

That are stated facts not fictitious holes. See SEC-generated letters at
    Nov 20, 2012. 04:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is There Wisdom In The Crowd(Funding)? [View article]
    America has some great examples of crowdfunding. The first election campaign of Obama, but also the Statue of Liberty.

The Statue of Liberty, a gift to America from the French in the late 1800’s, almost didn’t make it across the ocean due to The American Committee’s inability to raise enough money to finance the site and the pedestal on which the statue would sit. Thankfully, Joseph Pulitzer and his newspaper, “The World,” turned to an early form of crowdfunding by involving the American people in his campaign to complete the monumental project.

The cost to build the pedestal and put The Statue of Liberty in place cost over $300,000. In 1884, when the Statue was supposed to arrive, The American Committee had only generated $150,000 toward the project, and they had to stop construction on the pedestal.

The American Committee was unsure as to how to proceed with finishing the pedestal so the Statue could be shipped from France and put in place. However, Joseph Pulitzer, realizing how important this project was, appealed to the emotional aspect of the project by turning to the American people for help.

His six month crowdfunding campaign, unparalleled since, generated an awe-inspiring $100,000 in five short months through micro donations. The most incredible aspect of his campaign is that the over 120,000 donations were in most cases less than a dollar.

Since Mr. Pulitzer targeted all Americans in this unprecedented effort, it helped him increase awareness across America that the Statue of Liberty was designed for all Americans, not just citizens of New York City.

The Statue of Liberty was dedicated to America on October 28, 1886 with the first ticker-tape parade and ceremony over which President Grover Cleveland presided.

A product of successful crowdfunding, American pride, teamwork between America and France, and the ingenious creativity of one individual, Joseph Pulitzer, who set to not just ensure the Statue of Liberty was completed, built through the American pride it so richly deserved.
    Nov 18, 2012. 09:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • China Digital TV Holding - More Questions Than Answers [View article]
    Great points you all make. But the disclosure problems and VIE structure problems this company has doesn't concern you at all?
    Nov 17, 2012. 07:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • China Digital TV Holding - More Questions Than Answers [View article]
    Btw I would prefer to get $0.10 a quarter and every year a stock buyback than volatile dividends. Share repurchases still have certain advantages when compared to dividends. They provide greater tax efficiency for investors, are typically EPS accretive, and can be used to ease stock price pressure and/or signal undervaluation.
    Nov 16, 2012. 04:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • China Digital TV Holding - More Questions Than Answers [View article]
    In 2009 ($1), 2010 ($4) and in 2011 ($0.56) they had indeed already special dividends. But I guess some people are missing the point. The share price reacts accordingly. If they keep paying dividends so aggressively you are dealing with a stock that is not even worth one buck. Perfect moment for management to bring it to shore (going private).

Why not obtain a sustainable dividend policy!
    Nov 16, 2012. 04:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • China Digital TV Holding - More Questions Than Answers [View article]
    Btw I enjoyed a trading ride, but after digging deeper into the company I sold my position at $4.04.

Of course you can enjoy your dividend but the stock goes also ex-dividend. So I hope your stocks have some value left. For serious investors looking for yield this company is not the right choice.
    Nov 16, 2012. 02:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Profitable Companies In China's Sewage Treatment Market [View article]
    I am out with a loss. It's all part of investing, losing and winning, I have to confess the results totally caught me off guard.
    Nov 15, 2012. 06:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Profitable Companies In China's Sewage Treatment Market [View article]

$TRIT Disappointing results so I will take my loss!
    Nov 14, 2012. 05:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kandi Twisting The Truth - Undisclosed Information Reveals A More Realistic Picture Of Its EV Business [View article]
    It's true that I follow a lot of US-listed China stocks, but thanks God I have narrowed my range quite a bit.......hahaha.........

The problem with the China space is the parties involved. From short sellers, pumpers, promoters, SEC, authors like me who think they have found the next Apple, etc. .......

The first group has driven stock prices to insane lows with or without merit.
    Nov 14, 2012. 08:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Xinyuan Real Estate Co. Too Good To Be True? [View article]
    I think also that an unaccounted number of promising Chinese firms suffer from undervaluation due to the lingering effects of bad advice received during the journey to the U.S. capital markets.
    Nov 11, 2012. 03:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • China Techfaith: An Immensely Undervalued Stock Likely To Go Private [View article]
    An example of a company that got caught.
    Nov 9, 2012. 02:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I agree with you, I would like to hear also some comments from the author in question.
    Nov 9, 2012. 02:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    All the auditors in China have cash confirmation procedures in place since 2011, so yes the cash on the balance sheet is for real.
    Nov 9, 2012. 02:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment