Dutch Trader

View Dutch Trader's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • China Digital TV Holding - More Questions Than Answers [View article]
    Great points you all make. But the disclosure problems and VIE structure problems this company has doesn't concern you at all?
    Nov 17, 2012. 07:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • China Digital TV Holding - More Questions Than Answers [View article]
    Btw I would prefer to get $0.10 a quarter and every year a stock buyback than volatile dividends. Share repurchases still have certain advantages when compared to dividends. They provide greater tax efficiency for investors, are typically EPS accretive, and can be used to ease stock price pressure and/or signal undervaluation.
    Nov 16, 2012. 04:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • China Digital TV Holding - More Questions Than Answers [View article]
    In 2009 ($1), 2010 ($4) and in 2011 ($0.56) they had indeed already special dividends. But I guess some people are missing the point. The share price reacts accordingly. If they keep paying dividends so aggressively you are dealing with a stock that is not even worth one buck. Perfect moment for management to bring it to shore (going private).

Why not obtain a sustainable dividend policy!
    Nov 16, 2012. 04:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • China Digital TV Holding - More Questions Than Answers [View article]
    Btw I enjoyed a trading ride, but after digging deeper into the company I sold my position at $4.04.

Of course you can enjoy your dividend but the stock goes also ex-dividend. So I hope your stocks have some value left. For serious investors looking for yield this company is not the right choice.
    Nov 16, 2012. 02:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Profitable Companies In China's Sewage Treatment Market [View article]
    I am out with a loss. It's all part of investing, losing and winning, I have to confess the results totally caught me off guard.
    Nov 15, 2012. 06:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Profitable Companies In China's Sewage Treatment Market [View article]

$TRIT Disappointing results so I will take my loss!
    Nov 14, 2012. 05:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kandi Twisting The Truth - Undisclosed Information Reveals A More Realistic Picture Of Its EV Business [View article]
    It's true that I follow a lot of US-listed China stocks, but thanks God I have narrowed my range quite a bit.......hahaha.........

The problem with the China space is the parties involved. From short sellers, pumpers, promoters, SEC, authors like me who think they have found the next Apple, etc. .......

The first group has driven stock prices to insane lows with or without merit.
    Nov 14, 2012. 08:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Xinyuan Real Estate Co. Too Good To Be True? [View article]
    I think also that an unaccounted number of promising Chinese firms suffer from undervaluation due to the lingering effects of bad advice received during the journey to the U.S. capital markets.
    Nov 11, 2012. 03:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • China Techfaith: An Immensely Undervalued Stock Likely To Go Private [View article]
    An example of a company that got caught.
    Nov 9, 2012. 02:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I agree with you, I would like to hear also some comments from the author in question.
    Nov 9, 2012. 02:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    All the auditors in China have cash confirmation procedures in place since 2011, so yes the cash on the balance sheet is for real.
    Nov 9, 2012. 02:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Profitable Companies In China's Sewage Treatment Market [View article]
    Thanks for your input.
    Nov 8, 2012. 10:05 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Profitable Companies In China's Sewage Treatment Market [View article]
    How would you benchmark it?

TRIT is also a global company that has several projects outside China.
    Mexico (contract value $3.6 mln), Quatar ($8.3 mln), India ($42 mln). etc.

Nov 8, 2012. 09:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Profitable Companies In China's Sewage Treatment Market [View article]
    Veolia 42.6 %

GE around 50% but this is combined with Power. So the exact number is much lower.

Nov 8, 2012. 08:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    That huge cash position has to be given back to the shareholders, they got $150 million from US-investors back in 2005 so a special dividend would be more than welcome.
    Nov 7, 2012. 02:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment