DWD Investing

View DWD Investing's Comments BY TICKER:

• A First-Hand Look At The Google Fi Opportunity [View article]
    Metro uses many providers, including AT&T roaming and at no extra cost either. All automatic.

I'm interested, but it's going to boil down to phone selection and useability/quality of the connection. The carry over data is really nice, but I expect others to follow suit soon.

Fi only has two aspects that beat metro 30 dollar plan: Carry over and it's 20, not 30. lol. So yea it beats it in that area.

But wait, what happens when you use your 1GB of data? Does your data get shut off completely? Not with metro. You get unlimited data at the slower speed, so you're never stranded.
    Jul 31, 2015. 09:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nokia Oyj (NOK) Rajeev Suri on Q2 2015 Results - Earnings Call Transcript [View article]
    For me, you have it backwards. I like a stock under 5 bucks so I don't get too far in capital wise, and then trade at .10 intervals with 20K shares.

e.g,

2 buck stock
    moves to 2.10, which should be it's intraday range.
    20K*.10 = 2k

Easy money.

With 20K you would have 400 shares. How often do you get a 50 dollar stock moving 5 bucks in it's intraday range?

5*400=2000
    Jul 31, 2015. 09:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hmmm, that's a 30% price premium. I think I'm going to pass.
    Jul 31, 2015. 09:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Navidea Biopharmaceuticals Is Vastly Undervalued [View article]
    Well, they don't want it moving down, and it's not "somebody." Market makers do the BID. And that can change in one flat second, as I've seen it flip instantly. But then that wasn't my point.

What I've been seeing is that wall being created every single day for weeks now, after the last downtrend stopped. If you bought 20K shares today, you'd have seen it go to 1.71, and in fact, right near the end of the day, we saw that very thing happen--accumulation beat distribution and broke through the ASK to close today at 1.72.

My intention from the very first share I bought was to trade this stock while holding another that has promise but is stalled, and I didn't want to sell it because I'm fully vested for capital gains in November (It took my 6 months to finish my position). I saw the trends in the price by looking at the charts and found that 20% short and saw they didn't have any financial problems and were not going broke anytime soon, plus a commercialized product.

Oneotherfool and I both bet that they would not dilute and that was what shorts were betting on. We got that right. But it didn't stop the sell off over the last 4 months. We got that wrong. But we didn't panic.

Now, some people think a high short interest is a bad thing, but it isn't always bad. Consider that with 20% short interest for the last 6 months, I believed it would probably not increase, so short interest was as large as it would get, which means a good time to get it. Oneotherfool and I both got in and missed that call, as we got in at 1.65 and watched it tank for the last 4 months. We missed our strategy which was to ride a good annual up, and that never materialized. So we held based on what we saw as potential.

As far as trading this equity, I've changed my mind after continuing to do research and follow meticulously NAVB--as I do all of my positions. I'm vexed about my positions currently because NAVB has incredible potential, and it's getting a lot of attention at higher levels. I'll have to make a decision what to sell soon, so the pressure is on. Right now I really can't see getting out of NAVB as a good choice.

I'm in 18, 500 @ 1.645. If I had capital, I'd double that on any pullback below or near my average price. I'm not discounting a large partnership for the Manocept platform either. It may not happen, especially in today's market dynamics, but I'm not counting it out either. If that happens, it's going up. And I'm putting that conservatively.

Will I hold through phase I initiations, if any? No way, man. I've seen that dog and pony too often. If it runs up, I'll sell off 1/2 and take profits.
    Jul 31, 2015. 09:07 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Navidea Biopharmaceuticals Is Vastly Undervalued [View article]
    Just wanted to add also that the Q/Q increase was disappointing, but it's an increase, and that could fluctuate wildly based on need and other factors. I'm not getting excited about one Q low or high. Like STS posted above, there was one Q with a 33% increase. Well, whoopie doo, right? I'd not get invested because of one Qs numbers.
    Jul 31, 2015. 08:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Navidea Biopharmaceuticals Is Vastly Undervalued [View article]
    They haven't been disclosing that number. I looked for it while writing the article.
    Jul 31, 2015. 08:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Navidea Biopharmaceuticals Is Vastly Undervalued [View article]
    The price increase didn't obtain until today. I emailed IR and Tom said it's an unpredictable market, but they are still guiding for 10-12M and break even in Q1.

I didn't like seeing that number either, but the higher the procedures go, the lower the sustained growth will be simply because there are less and less additional procedures to be done. For instance, if they capture the entire market, Q/Q growth will be zero!

Look, we're just going to have to wait for yearly averages. And then, who really cares about that as long as they show strong market displacement?

STS, do you realize that the Lymphoseek molecule is actually Tc 99m-tilmanocept? "Monocept." It's the same thing below, used in a different way. They can't call it Lymphoseek due to FDA labels, which they do not have for cardio diseases, but it is the same molecule used in a different way. So, legally, they can't say "Lymphoseek" but it's the exact same molecule.

This platform is just incredible in how much attention it is getting and how fast it is being expanded and investigated for expanded labels. Sure, it could all come tumbling down, but if it pans out, it could simply be revenue beyond comprehension.
    ---
    Navidea and Massachusetts General Hospital to Evaluate Manocept™ for Detection of Cardiovascular Disease with NIH Grant

DUBLIN, Ohio--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jul. 28, 2015-- Navidea Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. (NYSE MKT: NAVB), is announcing the receipt of a notice of award for a Phase 1 Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) grant providing $321K from the National Heart Lung and Blood Institute (NHLBI), National Institutes of Health (NIH). The study, to be done in collaboration with Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) and Harvard Medical School, will examine the ability of Tc 99m-tilmanocept, a Manocept™ platform product, to localize in high-risk atherosclerotic plaques.
    Jul 31, 2015. 08:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A First-Hand Look At The Google Fi Opportunity [View article]
    MetroPCS is already offering a 30.00 per month plan that includes 1GB of LTE data per month, unlimited everything else, includes free tethering hotspot for your phone (internet sharing).

This isn't 20 a month, but my Windows phone automatically uses Wifi also.

The 30 plan is without any contracts, as Metro doesn't do contracts--month to month only. Also, any unused data does not carry over. You only get 1GB on the 30 a month plan. However, you then get slower access free, unlimited. I *think* the slower rate is 2G. Good enough to run your mapping online when you travel. It may be even 3G now, but I'm not sure.

Hard to beat it.
    Jul 31, 2015. 02:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What I Find Really Impressive With Alcatel-Lucent's Quarter [View article]
    Brain,

One question:

Net Profit increases decreases Q/Q?
    Jul 31, 2015. 02:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • IMF drops bombshell on Greece [View news story]
    Like children.

"IMF dropped a bombshell stating Athens' high debt levels and current record of implementing reforms disqualify it from a third bailout."

Greece: Well, we don't have the money.

IMF: "debt levels and current record of implementing reforms disqualify it from a third bailout."

Greece: I know you are but what am I?

Greece: Whatever, see what you think when we default and you get nothing, then.

IMF: "We're rubber and you're glue, whatever you say bounces off us and sticks on you!"

Stupid.
    Jul 31, 2015. 02:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    NOK has been dead for over a year. Kick the head, you'll see. What makes me sad is that currently it is so volatile it's not even a good trade vehicle anymore.
    Jul 31, 2015. 02:04 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    AH

Remember I got out of my position at an average of 8.05 I think, selling teh last of it in January this year.

But, wait!

Are you talking about the attic shares? And, is that $10 by December?
    Jul 31, 2015. 02:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Navidea Biopharmaceuticals Is Vastly Undervalued [View article]
    I wanted to add also that if one believes there is upside, it could be a good trade vehicle too.
    Jul 31, 2015. 01:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Navidea Biopharmaceuticals Is Vastly Undervalued [View article]
    And like I said above, if this stock goes down 20% that would be an excellent opportunity to accumulate, given the information above and the way it has traded for the last year--a simple chart shows this.

BTW, a pro article on NAVB is going to hit anytime now. If you disagreed with our analysis, you'll really hate the next one. I think the 3 day delay means the article will be out Monday.

But, good luck getting past that 270K bid wall that's been up everyday for two weeks.

Currently
    Bid 270K
    Ask 20K
    Jul 31, 2015. 01:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Navidea Biopharmaceuticals Is Vastly Undervalued [View article]
    sts

"Your article was written to support a long position"

Since I was one of the authors, let me clear this up for you definitively: No, it wasn't.

It was written for exactly the reasons we support in the article. You can make money on it anyway you see fit. One way is to go long. Another way is to look at short interest and swing trade it. Another way is to short it, as the short is 20% currently.
    Jul 31, 2015. 01:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment