DWD Investing

View DWD Investing's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Navidea Biopharmaceuticals: Biding My Time For Alpha [View article]
    Since December, short interest has been declining, but only slightly: 31M to 29M currently.

% shorted: 19.7%
    Apr 17, 2015. 01:43 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Navidea Biopharmaceuticals: Biding My Time For Alpha [View article]
    It will continue as long as shorts can sell off lower than the previous ASK price and there is no real accumulation interest. They will continue to buy and sell lower and lower. Theoretically, shorts could short it down to zero, if they have the power. Once the price is low enough and no one else is selling, the buying starts.

However, it's going down on TRADING, not fundamentals. At some point, accumulation interest will $hit their pants at the low price and accumulate, whereas shorts will not be able to short any longer.

Currently we're seeing classic down trend charting, like lower lows and lower highs, higher volume on the down legs and lower volume on the up legs.

We're just going to have to ride this one out, or take a haircut and go elsewhere. If institutional holders get spooked and sell off, yeah, it could become an OTC priced stock. They are being very careful not to initiate a NASDAQ pause in trading.

---
    Rapid price movement in a short period of time may signal that the price-setting process for a stock may be distorted. To keep the process from getting out of control, the listing exchange will call for a trading pause if the price moves up or down by specified percentages in a rolling, five-minute period. Here are the price moves that trigger the pause:

10 percent price movement, up or down, for securities in the S&P 500, the Russell 1000 Index and some exchange-traded products (ETPs);
    30 percent price movement for other stocks priced at least $1.00; and
    50 percent price movement for other stocks priced at less than $1.00.

They are perfectly executing a total destruction in NAVB stock price, little by little over the course of 3 months. They have lowered the price 25% since it was $2. You gotta give it to them, though. It's a perfect stock to short, being at a high of $2 just 3.5 months ago, being off most radars for new positions, a one year time line to profit--with the only upside risk to a short position being a hopeful JV announcement for its macrophage pipeline sometime this year.

It was a really good short call being exceptionally executed.

I look forward to each days short interest report.
    Apr 17, 2015. 01:20 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Equity Markets Going Nowhere Fast [View article]
    Weak US economy could mean a weaker dollar too.
    Apr 17, 2015. 12:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Navidea Biopharmaceuticals: Biding My Time For Alpha [View article]
    All it will take to run up NAVB is an announcement of a JV to fund Manocept. That's the main reason I got into this. I didn't get into it to run out Phase I and Phase II. I also entered on good news for Lymphoseek, being the catalyst that will mitigate downside risk in the longer term, as I hopefully execute my strategy of selling off into a JV for Manocept.

Then I take profits and sit on the side line to see if they have a good chance of starting Phase I. If it looks like they have a good chance of starting phase I, I'll buy into that announcement, then sell it off again. Wash repeat on Phase II.

I'll never again hold long on a Phase I or preclinical biospec. The money to be made is trading the news of the newest form of "Wishalloy."
    Apr 17, 2015. 11:34 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • AMD -8.4%; company guides light, abandoning SeaMicro [View news story]
    It's becoming a holding company, then a sell off of its holdings for cheap, then BK.
    Apr 17, 2015. 11:28 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • AMD -8.4%; company guides light, abandoning SeaMicro [View news story]
    Ash,

lol, that's really bad.
    Apr 17, 2015. 11:27 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AMD -8.4%; company guides light, abandoning SeaMicro [View news story]
    Fib,

My initial response was the same after reading the numbers above. No way I would be in AMD right now, no way. They look past a downward inflection point.
    Apr 17, 2015. 11:26 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nokia And Alcatel-Lucent: What Will The Future Hold? [View article]
    Vita,

And Bio is exciting!
    Apr 17, 2015. 11:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ALU hit with post-merger downgrades; NOK gets mixed reaction [View news story]
    TB

Two more years of near zero SP appreciation?
    Apr 17, 2015. 11:19 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nokia And Alcatel-Lucent: What Will The Future Hold? [View article]
    I suspect they will have their hands full for the next year's worth of "restructuring." That means boring inner-company pocket polo.
    Apr 17, 2015. 11:17 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nokia And Alcatel-Lucent: What Will The Future Hold? [View article]
    AH

"Short term pain. Mid term pain. Long term pain."

Another "AH Classic."
    Apr 17, 2015. 11:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nokia And Alcatel-Lucent: What Will The Future Hold? [View article]
    Seppo,

"Funny how Nokia turned from boring to interesting again, in good or bad... :) "

Already getting boring again, for the long term. lol
    Apr 17, 2015. 11:14 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Navidea Biopharmaceuticals: Biding My Time For Alpha [View article]
    Unless Lymphoseek, for some unknown reason, fails to market, which to date has been the opposite, there is upside. It's 30% shorted. It's down due to trading it down due to short interest. It is not down due to fundamental/pipeline failure.

Personally, I'm not selling into a downtrend when there is zero reason for it, except short manipulation. That's dumb money, at least to me.
    Apr 17, 2015. 11:07 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Nokia confirms 'advanced' merger discussions with Alcatel-Lucent [View news story]
    ALU shareholders just become Nokia share holders.
    Apr 16, 2015. 12:45 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    ALU comes with all sorts of negative, shorter term baggage.
    Apr 16, 2015. 12:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment