Economics-Based Investor

View Economics-Based Investor's Comments BY TICKER:

• Short-Term Trade: Under Armour [View article]
    If you compare the past two articles, you will find they feel $104 is THE MAX. So, they are recommending to play the short-term yo-yo movement and apparently 8% down is a "considerably lower price" for re-entry. The real thesis for UA is that everytime you knock it down, it gets right back up again.

From the 18 Sep Article:
    "But at $104 per share, all of this is fully baked into the valuation. Simply said, there just isn't any upside from a fundamental, intrinsic value standpoint here. The stock may rally more on momentum, but shares today aren't worth anything more than $104 per share, even under bullish growth assumptions. After seeing share price appreciate more than 45% from our first article on February 3, we believe it is now profit-taking time." "We will look to re-enter at considerably lower prices."
    Oct 1, 2015. 08:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Record Year For Spieth Provides Opportunity For Under Armour Golf [View article]
    I like UA, but completely disagree with the new S unless it is somehow combined with the trademark we have all come to know. I see confusion when you want brand recognition.
    Oct 1, 2015. 08:05 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Short-Term Trade: Under Armour [View article]
    Agree - LT buys on dips as this beast will never really be knocked down.
    Oct 1, 2015. 08:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Short-Term Trade: Under Armour [View article]
    They advise on the short-term, and so yes, I would assume they covered. I bought on the dip. Different tactics for a strategic goal to make money in the end.
    Oct 1, 2015. 08:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Short-Term Trade: Under Armour [View article]
    I hit most of your points in an article a couple weeks ago as I go by trends and have a long-term outlook. As far as the writing, I will just say the piece is from an investment group and thus written like an analysis piece from an investment group. When on SA, there are authors who write as individuals for a fun hobby and to educate/provide insight (myself included), and there are investments groups/firms that provide analysis pieces such as this. I tend to see that individuals will look more at trends/catalysts/market sentiment while firms give a more ambiguous but tech driven aspect of a stock...and also are often more short-term.
    Oct 1, 2015. 08:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Reverse Mitosis In Brewing - ABInBev And SABMiller [View article]
    I would agree with you this being quite inconsequential as I see limited value being unlocked from this merger.

I would think both would be better spending resources on acquiring growing and popular craft brewers that they can then leverage their distribution capabilities to strengthen, such as the Heineken and Lagunitas deal. I was looking to buy BUD as a long-term hold until I saw this deal; now I am hesitant to step in and am buying DEO instead.
    Oct 1, 2015. 03:49 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Coca-Cola Stuck In Neutral [View article]
    Buy it like a bond. It is the beverage equivalent of PG.
    Oct 1, 2015. 03:44 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Procter & Gamble: At A Growth Trough And Yielding Over 3.5% [View article]
    Fantastic comment. I have reservations about this "Fx" issue being temporary; what if it is a new paradigm, or a much longer term issue than previously thought?

Additionally, I am not sure where I see actual growth in PG. They are sustaining market share for the most part, but what part of the world are:
    1. they not already saturated in?
    2. that is open to marketing, but can also afford their products?

My second point is that the countries they have yet to engage don't have the wealth to afford a $5-15 razor and $5 blades, and are more concerned with just having running water to use with detergent rather than caring about brand name.

My thesis remains on this: buy in the 60s and buy like a bond; they may beat and pop this Q, but I am happy to wait.
    Sep 29, 2015. 11:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Procter & Gamble: At A Growth Trough And Yielding Over 3.5% [View article]
    If that is your strategy, then consider investing only 40-60% of your free cash into the market; put the rest into cash. Use the cash on dips.
    Sep 29, 2015. 11:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cancelled TV Shows: Free Agents To Fill The Bench For Netflix's Future [View article]
    Thank you for the feedback. My real job has kept me bogged down the last couple weeks, but I want to retouch NFLX after their next ER, especially if/when they discuss additional show acquisitions.
    Sep 29, 2015. 10:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 'Tubthumphing' With Under Armour [View article]
    Thanks for the comment. It is a nostalgic song for me, but I have a few I hate from the 90s that were overplayed on the radio.

As far as UA, you have received some of your wish as of last night. No real reason for a sell off; I am buying small amounts weekly through sharebuilder (was buying 2-3x more money when it was in the 60s to 70s). Awaiting the next ER for a shift and hoping it does retreat a bit as I will then pick up a combination of shares and leaps for Jan 2016.
    Sep 29, 2015. 10:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • It's Always Something, So Dividend Growth Investors Best Be Prepared [View article]
    I like the selection as I own about 2/3 of these already. I still buy GIS every month as their growth/yield is underestimated IMO, but will consider KO under 38, KHC under 70, and Visa if it is anywhere near 65. Another utility for the East Coast to consider would be DUK or SO as well.
    Sep 24, 2015. 07:29 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 'Tubthumphing' With Under Armour [View article]
    Thank you for the comment. This is a very LT hold for me.
    Sep 24, 2015. 07:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 'Tubthumphing' With Under Armour [View article]
    I expect UA will continue to expand into international markets - there is plenty of room to expand with proper marketing. From what I have read, the UA brand has thus far been well received in China.
    Sep 24, 2015. 07:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 'Tubthumphing' With Under Armour [View article]
    Of note, NKE had a fantastic Q. I would expect UA to continue strong into the holiday season and their next ER as well.
    Sep 24, 2015. 07:21 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment