Economics Fanatic

View Economics Fanatic's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Adecoagro Has Strong Upside Potential [View article]
    Well, I don't see it coming anytime soon. Can't predict the timeline, but for now they might be better off recycling their funds to operational expansion than dividends.
    Sep 19 02:06 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Talking Gloom Amidst The Boom [View article]
    Not necessarily true. If you look at the chart of emerging and developed market equities performance in the last three years, you will get the answer.
    Aug 30 02:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ensco Looks Attractive At Current Levels [View article]
    Thanks for your comment. But I clearly understand the difference. If you go back to my articles, I have been following Seadrill for years and there are several bullish articles on the company.

Related to other points, check on my other comments and the clarification related to the debt.
    Aug 28 11:56 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Ensco Looks Attractive At Current Levels [View article]
    All I state in the article is that I am relatively bullish on Ensco. It does not mean that I am over-bearish or completely negative on Seadrill.

The debt part was an error and clarified.

It needs to be understood that we are speaking from a returns perspective. Between two good companies, one can deliver better returns than the other. Does not mean one is bad and the other is good.

From Article - I am not suggesting through these points that my outlook for Seadrill is negative. However, on a relative basis, Ensco looks good with strong growth coming for the company.
    Aug 28 11:54 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Ensco Looks Attractive At Current Levels [View article]
    Just look at Ensco's dividend growth trend. Also look at the company's payout ratio. it is way below Seadrill. The window for dividend growth is high and Ensco's intention looks clear to increase dividends.
    Aug 28 11:51 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Ensco Looks Attractive At Current Levels [View article]
    It was my error. I meant debt would increase to $18-$20 billion after delivery of new rigs. Have submitted for correction. Thanks for pointing out.

That said, I remain relatively bullish on Ensco and it does not mean that I am over-bearish on Seadrill.
    Aug 28 11:49 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Caterpillar Is An Avoid At Current Levels [View article]
    Economic data always needs to be taken with a pinch of salt. I guess China's economic environment is worst than the numbers suggested. I am still waiting for the crisis related to the credit bubble unfold completely.
    Jun 18 11:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Seadrill: A 10% High-Yield Alternative To REITs And MLPs [View article]
    A good analysis...This further explains why the 10% dividend will sustain...http://bit.ly/1cldMqt
    Mar 2 11:38 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Seadrill Looks Attractive After Correction [View article]
    From the Article - "The current investment style should be staggered investing as broader markets can create gloom even if the stock looks attractive at an individual level."
    Feb 4 12:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold One International: Potential Acquisition To Prop Up Prices [View article]
    its a 1:10 ratio. You can see details here...http://bit.ly/1bPwynV
    Jul 25 01:27 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Seadrill Partners: Undervalued With Significant Growth Upside [View article]
    Interesting perspectives and thanks for the comments. Besides the factors discussed, one of the primary objectives is value unlocking and that is still impending considering the current valuation and market cap. for SDLP. In my opinion, besides the incremental dividend distribution, one can expect a significant upside from current levels. I would be happy to play for a 50% upside with a one year perspective.
    Jul 12 01:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Teekay Offshore: A Safe Long-Term Investment [View article]
    Besides being diversified and being a pure play, they are different in the sense that KNOP is still at an early growth stage while Teekay is relatively more established player. If one is looking at upside in terms of price, you might get it relatively more with KNOP than Teekay. However, in terms of revenue visibility, Teekay scores ahead of KNOP.
    Jul 10 01:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Deficits Don't Matter And Government Bonds Are Risk-Free [View article]
    If deficits don't matter, might as well have no taxes...:)
    Jul 6 01:06 PM | 12 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Knot Offshore Partners: 6.5% Dividend Yield And Potential High Growth [View article]
    Thanks for the correction on the yields. It's a mistake of my excel database. Apologies for the same for readers. I have submitted for correction.
    Jul 6 02:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ITT Educational Services Has Further Downside [View article]
    In my opinion, it is just an effort to boost market and shareholder confidence. However, things really look bleak and I wonder if share buyback was a good idea with a probable liquidity crunch ahead.
    Jul 3 01:28 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment