Economics Fanatic

View Economics Fanatic's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Back To Square One [View article]
    The Fed (to some extent) can determine how much money flows into the financial and economic system. However, they have no control over where the money will go. Excessive liquidity is manifesting itself in the form of asset inflation across all asset classes globally. This has created more volatility and uncertainly.
    Oct 21 12:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Back To Square One [View article]
    Yes, we need to let the free markets work. There was no cap on high asset prices, no cap on over leverage, but when the system started adjusting, policymakers intervened. Its just setting stage for a bigger crisis that will come without doubt.
    Oct 21 12:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Back To Square One [View article]
    First, there will be no high interest rate as I believe that real interest rates will remain negative for the next 5-10 years (if not more). In any healthy economy, the interest rates are higher than the rate of inflation.

And look at any middle-class household in the US. I am sure you will agree that the annual inflation is at least 5% and not the numbers published by the government.
    Oct 21 12:27 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Back To Square One [View article]
    Leverage and expansionary monetary policies caused the crisis in the first place. More leverage was then needed to prevent a greater crisis and it has set stage for an even greater crisis. Is there an end?
    Oct 20 11:01 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Oil Correction Overdone - Bounce Back Imminent [View article]
    "Another factor that can keep oil prices relatively lower is the current negotiations with Iran on the uranium enrichment issue. If the United States and Iran can come to an agreement on limiting the uranium enrichment, sanctions will be eased and Iran's oil exports can surge. However, this factor will be offset by global growth revival, which increases the demand for oil in emerging countries."

Check for per capita consumption of oil in India and China. Also other emerging markets. If growth is back in emerging markets, the demand will be very significant.
    Oct 18 12:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Diamond Offshore Looks Vulnerable Among Drillers [View article]
    I believe you are talking about adding the special cash dividend in addition to the regular dividend paid by the company. And I believe that you need to wait for the next few quarters to see if the special cash dividend is sustainable. In my opinion, its not. Thanks.
    Oct 5 02:53 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Indian Markets Likely To Be Star Performers [View article]
    These stocks are not listed in US or Europe, but I am looking with great interest at -

1) Treehouse Education & Accessories
    2) Prozone Capital (now Intu Properties)
    3) Broadly the Banking Sector

Disclosure: I am long Treehouse Education.
    Oct 4 02:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Adecoagro Has Strong Upside Potential [View article]
    Well, I don't see it coming anytime soon. Can't predict the timeline, but for now they might be better off recycling their funds to operational expansion than dividends.
    Sep 19 02:06 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Talking Gloom Amidst The Boom [View article]
    Not necessarily true. If you look at the chart of emerging and developed market equities performance in the last three years, you will get the answer.
    Aug 30 02:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ensco Looks Attractive At Current Levels [View article]
    Thanks for your comment. But I clearly understand the difference. If you go back to my articles, I have been following Seadrill for years and there are several bullish articles on the company.

Related to other points, check on my other comments and the clarification related to the debt.
    Aug 28 11:56 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Ensco Looks Attractive At Current Levels [View article]
    All I state in the article is that I am relatively bullish on Ensco. It does not mean that I am over-bearish or completely negative on Seadrill.

The debt part was an error and clarified.

It needs to be understood that we are speaking from a returns perspective. Between two good companies, one can deliver better returns than the other. Does not mean one is bad and the other is good.

From Article - I am not suggesting through these points that my outlook for Seadrill is negative. However, on a relative basis, Ensco looks good with strong growth coming for the company.
    Aug 28 11:54 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Ensco Looks Attractive At Current Levels [View article]
    Just look at Ensco's dividend growth trend. Also look at the company's payout ratio. it is way below Seadrill. The window for dividend growth is high and Ensco's intention looks clear to increase dividends.
    Aug 28 11:51 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Ensco Looks Attractive At Current Levels [View article]
    It was my error. I meant debt would increase to $18-$20 billion after delivery of new rigs. Have submitted for correction. Thanks for pointing out.

That said, I remain relatively bullish on Ensco and it does not mean that I am over-bearish on Seadrill.
    Aug 28 11:49 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Caterpillar Is An Avoid At Current Levels [View article]
    Economic data always needs to be taken with a pinch of salt. I guess China's economic environment is worst than the numbers suggested. I am still waiting for the crisis related to the credit bubble unfold completely.
    Jun 18 11:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Seadrill: A 10% High-Yield Alternative To REITs And MLPs [View article]
    A good analysis...This further explains why the 10% dividend will sustain...http://bit.ly/1cldMqt
    Mar 2 11:38 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment