Ed's Stock Engineering

View Ed's Stock Engineering's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Callahan Auto Parts Offering IPO: American Made Brake Pads [View instapost]
    You know, a lot of people go to college for 7 years...
    Mar 31 01:04 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Everyday Arbitrage Forum [View instapost]
    Chris- This is one of my favorite topics, thanks for starting the chat.

My most successful play centered around tuition re-reimbursement a few years back. My company's reimbursement program would pay for classes up front (upon enrollment), so you could enroll with a credit card at the university, and then use the reimbursement payment to pay the credit card bill and rack up points. They also would reimburse you for any books purchased on a recommended reading list from a syllabus, which obviously as a good student I would need them all. (very similar to your "free books" approach).

I'm sure others have had the same experience.
    Jan 20 01:05 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • This Big Bad Hedge Fund Can't Blow This Data Fortress REIT Down [View article]
    Brad- Thanks for the article, I doubled my position in DLR with this pullback, and articles like yours help me "sleep well at night". :)

ED
    Jun 7 01:30 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Andersons: Undervalued And Positioned For Significant Growth [View article]
    I have also followed this stock for a while, I think this pullback may present another good buying opportunity.

I hope to read over the conference call details this weekend.
    May 8 02:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Indications from their report were that their margins were impacted due to inventory price considerations... but they also stated they are expecting a record corn crop coming up.

It's a good question, it's not clear to me if they will make up the price delta on having a record crop.
    May 8 02:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Tuliptown-

I just read their latest quarterly report... (as I'm sure you saw ANDE is down 4-5% today).
    "Revenues increased due to higher grain prices and greater sales volume, which resulted primarily from the addition of the former Green Plains Grain facilities."

So they did see some benefit of the Grain increase again, enough to move some of their revenue higher.

Personally, I believe they have been sailing under the radar.
    May 8 02:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Actually- After I wrote this article I was out of town and figured I'd missed my window of opportunity to respond, but given 2 comments in the last two days, I see that is not the case. :)

ED
    May 8 02:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Champions For May 2013 [View article]
    David-

Thank you, I use your work extensively and it continues to help me make good trades.

Best of luck.
    May 2 01:40 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Foot Locker Is On Sale And It's A Good Time To Buy [View article]
    Brett22-

Thanks for reading, and good luck on your Foot Locker evaluation.

As an updated disclosure, I am now long FL.
    Mar 11 03:23 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Foot Locker Is On Sale And It's A Good Time To Buy [View article]
    kadathy-

Thanks for reading.
    Mar 11 03:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Foot Locker Is On Sale And It's A Good Time To Buy [View article]
    clintblack100-

Thanks. I am a Phillies Season Ticket Holder, counting down to opening day :)
    Mar 11 03:20 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Foot Locker Is On Sale And It's A Good Time To Buy [View article]
    Benjy- Thanks for reading.
    Mar 11 03:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ford: A 12-Point Fundamental Inspection [View article]
    Thanks
    Feb 19 06:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ford: A 12-Point Fundamental Inspection [View article]
    Thanks for reading TAS
    Feb 19 06:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ford: A 12-Point Fundamental Inspection [View article]
    dneedle- Thanks for reading.

I would agree that you should never buy a stock based on one data point, and I would not recommend using a DCF as your only decision tool.
    Feb 19 06:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment