This user currently has no profile.
Retired Project Manager - 36 years with a national utility. Married 35 years and have 3 wonderful kids. USAF Veteran. Investing primarily in solid dividend paying companies with focus to generate income, capital appreciation is of secondary concern but still important. Tend to be conservative in investing approach. I invest and trade so as to increase my "discretionary" income. I live off my retirement pension and want to increase my account to provide additional income in future years. I'm 60 so I have about a 11 year window for growing my IRA before mandatory distributions kick in. As a side note the profile picture is not me, it's my great grand-dad who was born in 1833, fought in the Civil War, fathered 11 ...More children (the last one born when he was 67), worked hard as a farmer to take care of them, and died in 1910. I use it as inspiration to remind myself not to get lazy. I am fortunate to have been raised by great parents who set a great example for work ethic and taught me that we can accomplish much if we're willing to apply ourselves. That's why I invest my own money rather than depending on someone else.
- Description: Retiree. Trading frequency: Monthly
- Interests: Dividend stock ideas & income, Energy stocks, REITs, Retirement savings
Currently, you have no company profile. Click edit to add a company profile.
Currently, you have no blog details. Click edit to add blog details.
Currently, you have no book details. Click edit to add book details.
Latest Comments more »
- BobAs you have shown it's v... on Retiree: What Role Should High Yield Play In A ...
- DWNice update to Grandma's ... on Grandma's Money: Giving Her Portfolio A Charge
- ChuckGreat article as usual... on Challenge-Do Not Overlook These Future Dividend...
- BobNice update and nice por... on Retirees: What Is The Best Choice For A Small I...
- gI agree completely.Eddie on Can You Uncouple Your Investment Success From M...