Eddie Herring

View Eddie Herring's Comments BY TICKER:
    Buck

I would have loved to be the proverbial fly on the wall when that discussion and decision on New Coke was made.

Aug 9 11:40 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    DN

I try to think in what I call the long term. Will this company and its product/service still be needed/desired 10 - 20 years or longer. If I can't see it that far out then it's not going to be a core position for me.

Thanks for reading and commenting. Best of luck with your investments.

Aug 9 11:39 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Rose

Mind the business, the value will follow and price will come around. Thanks for reading and commenting.

Aug 9 11:27 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    CCM

Thanks for the compliment. You're welcome also. Glad you like the picture. It comes from one of both him and my GGM together. Like a lot of pictures of that time they were stern looking. I've wondered if that had to do with times being hard.

Aug 9 11:25 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    SDS

Thanks. I appreciate you reading and commenting.

Aug 9 11:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    David

Thanks. I've often said there's a reason it's called dividend growth investing and not dividend growth trading.

Aug 9 11:19 AM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    P4C

Thanks, appreciate the feedback.

Aug 9 11:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    DW

I agree, earnings misses tend to move stock prices over the short term but that doesn't mean the company has deteriorated, especially in intrinsic value. Why should I let a short term price movement affect my thought about the real value of the business?

Thanks for reading and commenting.

Aug 9 11:17 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    WSD

I tend to think what one owns comes back to their personal preferences. To each his own. Thanks for reading.

Aug 9 11:14 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    ilfg

Thanks. Appreciate the feedback.

Aug 9 11:12 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    maybenot

Yep, those emotions have cost me money in the past. Might again in the future but hopefully not as much or as often. That's one of the things I've worked on to try to maintain control over. Patience is a virtue in investing, IMO. Thanks for reading and commenting.

Aug 9 11:12 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Miz

Thanks, glad you liked it. I couldn't resist the title after I wrote the article. Gave in to my weaker self...

Aug 9 11:08 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    IT

Thanks. I haven't been doing much in today's market except sitting on my hands for the most part. Companies that I think might be undervalued at the moment (please note these are not recommendations - do your own DD) are AFL, CVX, and WFC (WFC is not a typical DGI). COP and WMT are around fair value in my opinion.

Of these I'm long all but AFL. I plan on looking at it but haven't made any decisions yet. Thanks for reading.

Aug 9 11:07 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Correction Arrived Early For Walgreen - So Now What After Only OK Dividend Hike? [View article]
    Mike

Good read. Your question in the title reminded me of the farmer's answer when asked what he would do if he suddenly came in to a million dollars. He responded, "I'd just keep on farming til' it was all gone."

That's what I'm doing with WAG, I'm just going to keep farming it, i.e. holding it. I like the business and probably as long as it remains a good business, I intend to hold. But that's just me.

Aug 8 07:21 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Frothy Market, Impending Correction - What's A Dividend Growth Investor To Do? [View article]
    Dave

You're right, frothy markets and impending corrections shouldn't affect the DGI's strategy. Be patient and invest for the long term.

Warren Buffett once said that the stock market was a relocation center that moved money from the active to the patient. There's good advice in that statement for all of us if we think about it.

Timely article.