Eddie Herring

View Eddie Herring's Comments BY TICKER:
    BidAsk

Thanks. Glad you enjoyed it.

Sep 19 09:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Note To My Readers

I always try to acknowledge any comments and/or answer any questions my readers direct to me. If I am late over the next few days it's because I'm on vacation but will try to respond in the evenings. Thanks for reading and commenting on my humble ramblings.

Sep 18 09:53 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Sum

Thank you. I appreciate the compliment.

Sep 18 09:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Alzbeta

I hope they find it helpful or at least informative. Thanks,

Sep 18 09:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    ckoteles

I'm happy that you are finding these helpful. You are correct, ownership in great companies that share their profits with their shareholders is simply common sense. Take care and hope your investments treat you well.

Sep 18 09:39 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    ETD

Thanks. I hope that it is beneficial to you. Keep working on that strategy and it will come together ready for implementation.

Sep 18 09:35 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Dave

Me too. I'm still holding it. Maybe the MSFT raise will put enough peer pressure on them they'll feel the urge to keep up....

Sep 17 08:28 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Mike

Actually I originally had that and then figured SA probably wouldn't go for it so I took it off. But we were thinking alike. :-)

I hope your daughter and son find it helpful. Thanks and take care,

Sep 17 06:52 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Get Over 10% Annual Returns For 20 Years [View article]
    "MPT uses the first 30 seconds of any song then skips ..."

Stephen

Hence the focus on volatility. :-)

Sep 17 04:12 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Get Over 10% Annual Returns For 20 Years [View article]
    RWM

I was thinking of "I Did It My Way." :-)

Sep 17 03:54 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Get Over 10% Annual Returns For 20 Years [View article]
    "All great music producing the perfect environment with which to perform DD"

DGI uses classical music (and maybe some Frank Sinatra). MPT uses hard rock and heavy metal. :-)

Just kidding...

Sep 17 03:43 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An Open Letter To My Kids - Prepare For Your Future Now [View article]
    My complaint about DIS as a vacation dividend stock is the dividend only comes once a year. I'm just not patient enough to wait for that long... Which in reality is sort of dumb because I hold other companies multiple years but there's just something comforting about receiving that quarterly and in some instances monthly dividend. I suppose I could argue with myself about taking 1 vacation a year so it wouldn't matter but since I'm retired I might want to take 4 vacations a year. :-)
    Sep 17 03:37 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Steve

Thanks. That's the hard part sometimes is having to wait for those companies we want to own to come to us. But in the mean time while we wait we're getting paid by those other companies with those reliable dividends.

Sep 17 03:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Small

Thanks. You are absolutely right about what happened yesterday. We never know what can happen in the blink of an eye. I used to have a pastor that said he didn't want flowers at his funeral, he wanted them while he was still alive to enjoy them. Our loved ones need to know how we feel about them while they're still able to enjoy those feelings.

That's one of the things I'm particularly proud of with my family. My wife and I have been married 35 years and every day of that 35 years we have said I love you to each other. We never let the disagreements that will happen over 35 years get in the way of that. Even when I was traveling on my job I always made sure to call home every day to do that. Same thing with the kids when they still lived at home. Whenever we go visit them or they come visit before leaving we tell each other that as well.

I agree that whatever happens will happen fast and we need to be prepared. That requires us to have a plan and to follow it.

I'm glad you enjoyed it and thanks for your comments.

Sep 17 03:27 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Zulalily

Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed it. And thank you for the compliment. No, I've never considered a book. Hard for me to imagine enough people being interested in my ramblings for something like that. But I am happy that you enjoy reading them. Thanks and take care,

Sep 17 02:46 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment