Edgar Ambartsoumian

View Edgar Ambartsoumian's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Safeway, Illumina: Abnormal Options Activity Catching My Attention [View article]
    hey Brian, great article. I believe all of the grocery stores you mentioned have similar balance sheets and debt loads, but Costco has majority of its debt as short term obligations and that worries me. I'm long Walmart, best stock you can own throughout recession
    Oct 10, 2011. 11:44 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • An In Depth Look At Chevron's Profitability Before The Crisis [View article]
    Thank you so much Anric, I do appreciate it.
    Oct 8, 2011. 10:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Lose Your Debt Without Losing Your Health [View article]
    Another problem that weighs on housing is the fact that continuous permits are granted to keep the builders alive.

As far as de-leveraging is concerned, I think banks already took the hit for most of the credit card losses. What needs to be changed is the credit scoring system of Experian, Equifax and TU. At the peak of recession, banks like Chase were still lobbying congress to make recovery from bankruptcy even harder than it already is.
    Oct 8, 2011. 06:26 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An In Depth Look At Chevron's Profitability Before The Crisis [View article]
    Barev Brian jan, thank you and I just returned the favor.
    Oct 7, 2011. 10:15 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • An In Depth Look At Chevron's Profitability Before The Crisis [View article]
    please email me at edgarambart30@gmail.com and I'd be more than glad to send you the full report for free. Thank you!
    Oct 7, 2011. 10:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An In Depth Look At Chevron's Profitability Before The Crisis [View article]
    Rookie IRA Investor,

Chevron claims that that the Three Big Detroit auto makers used their additive to pass the EPA's regulations on emissions. With the introduction of Techron, Chevron gasolines became designated as meeting Top Tier standards for fuel cleanliness. Chevron gasolines with Techron were some of the first gasolines to be named as a “Top Tier Detergent Gasoline”. “Top Tier Detergent Gasoline(s)” agreed to lead to better performance in engines by BMW, General Motors, Honda, Toyota, Volkswagen, and Audi.

In addition, Hyundai, Volvo and Mercedes-Benz have issued factory service bulletins advising the use of concentrated Chevron Techron in repair procedures for vehicles with certain mechanical problems.
    Oct 6, 2011. 12:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An In Depth Look At Chevron's Profitability Before The Crisis [View article]
    Thank you so much Rainmaker, please become a follower, I'd greatly appreciate it.
    Oct 5, 2011. 06:08 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • An In Depth Look At Chevron's Profitability Before The Crisis [View article]
    Duly noted.....my report mostly concentrated on the pre-crisis valuations, and I've also edited a great deal of my 35 page report to meet seeking alpha's requirements.. Thank you for the 2011 figures.
    Oct 5, 2011. 06:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An In Depth Look At Chevron's Profitability Before The Crisis [View article]
    You're welcome, Chevron's stock was on fire today
    Oct 5, 2011. 06:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An In Depth Look At Chevron's Profitability Before The Crisis [View article]
    Thank you sir!
    Oct 5, 2011. 06:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An In Depth Look At Chevron's Profitability Before The Crisis [View article]
    Thank you, please become a follower, I'd greatly appreciate it.
    Oct 5, 2011. 05:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An In Depth Look At Chevron's Profitability Before The Crisis [View article]
    You're welcome Veritas. My actual equity analysis report is 35 pages long, so there's a lot of editing I had to do to make this acceptable by SeekingAlpha. Having said that, there is a lot I didn't cover here. In my humble opinion, main reasons why I believe Chevron should be in triple digits (besides the quantitative models used).
    1. Chevron always maintained if not increased its dividends throughout recessions.
    2. Chevron's jet fuel is what is used by most airlines today, there's no other jet fuel that even comes close to its kind.
    3. Techron (favored by all american automakers) and vast LNG projects
    4. Scroll up to the "key players" chart, and compare the profit margins of Chevron to others, Chevron's management is very aggressive in keeping tight control on costs and yielding more crude from existing reserves (not new reserves).
    Oct 5, 2011. 05:58 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 'Bear Market' In Copper Suddenly Getting A Lot Of Attention [View article]
    Interesting points, great article, thanks
    Oct 1, 2011. 02:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Reinvent The Wheel - Follow The Smart Money [View article]
    I normally day trade ETF or index options as I like to take more risk. It did occur a few times where I owned a large blue chip stock such as Chevron or Boeing and I did write an article on them, but had to disclose to the readers.
    Sep 30, 2011. 07:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment