Efsinvestment

View Efsinvestment's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Top Dow Jones Stocks For The Next 5 Years [View article]
    Thank you cboxgo for the comments. Finviz is good, but it might screw some of the estimates for some stocks. I think it would be best to look at morningstar estimates for the data you are looking for. I calculate the Avg P/E as the average of trailing and forward P/E ratios.
    May 9 10:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Frontier Ready For A Big Bounce [View article]
    @rgperrin,

The stock (FTR) has done great this year. It still has momentum. I would not buy it given its recent performance, but I think it still offers good income and has potential.
    Apr 17 04:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Frontier Ready For A Big Bounce [View article]
    Charles, that is an article from 2 years ago. It is a fairly positive article suggesting potential for Frontier. Are we on the same page?
    Apr 7 03:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Escalating Political Tension Leads To Increased Volatility In Turkish Economy [View article]
    The average P/E ratio of companies in Turkey has reached to historical lows. At the current prices, the stocks are trading nearly the valuation levels of 2008. Almost all banking companies reported double digit growth in last year, yet their market valuations declined by about 40% in last year alone. So, it is obvious that the market has nowhere to go but up.
    Mar 5 01:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Thoughts on the World's 10 Most Admired Companies Part 2 [View article]
    I was just about to ask about it :)
    Feb 13 05:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Thoughts on the World's 10 Most Admired Companies Part 2 [View article]
    The list is from 2011. So, I am sure there has been some changes since then.
    Feb 12 04:46 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I'm Short Turkey [View article]
    Thanks Debutant,

You seem like real pro in timing the markets. I wish I were as timely as you are. I wish I left TUR like the way you did in 2013. But it is already too late, and I just keep waiting to recover losses.
    Jan 25 05:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I'm Short Turkey [View article]
    The author made this prediction by January 9th of 2012 when TUR was trading around $40. TUR has reached as high as $75 by the end of 2012. I highly doubt that the author was able to wait that long to see TUR back in $40 range.
    Jan 24 09:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is This The Best Emerging Market For 2014? [View article]
    Turkey experienced a similar pull back in 2011. The market lost about 30%. However, 2012 was a recovery year where the market picked up almost 45%. In 2013, TUR again lost about 30%. If the same pattern occurs, 2014 can be a block buster year for TUR.
    Jan 1 06:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Three Turkish ministers resign amid corruption probe; shares fall [View news story]
    What a volatile month in Turkey. TUR is up 8% today.
    Dec 30 09:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Turkish PM replaces ten ministers as corruption crisis deepens [View news story]
    Good job gmmpa! TUR is up 8% today.
    Dec 30 09:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Turkey tumbles another 5% as corruption crisis continues [View news story]
    TUR is up 8% today.
    Dec 30 09:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    2014 is not an election season. There will be elections for local municipalities only. The general elections will be held in 2015. In any case, there are always elections and political turnarounds in the country. Yet, there was a big deal of divergence with TUR and the rest of the world which is a bit suspicious.
    Dec 25 05:42 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    The valuations seem very compelling, yet the market does not go up. The average P/E ratio is about 7, which is somewhat closer to peak-recession valuations. Yet, Turkish markets lost almost 15% in the last few weeks. This happened at a time when global markets are reaching to new highs. I wonder who is selling the shares and who is buying?
    Dec 25 11:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cisco Has 50% Upside Potential [View article]
    @Nettligent,
    Some of the names you mentioned returned 50%+ recently. It is true that they are ageing, but it does not mean that they are all dead.
    Dec 8 03:15 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment