Eli Hoffmann

View SA Editor Eli Hoffmann's Comments BY TICKER:
  • The Curious Case Of Canada [View article]
    I left Canada 10 years ago. It seems that the collective expresssion our national inferiority complex has devolved from self-deprecating humor to America hating. I preferred the former.
    Aug 26, 2015. 04:36 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Curious Case Of Canada [View article]
    Aug 26, 2015. 04:36 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • SA Biotech Panel Discussion: Buying Amid The Selloff, Pharma M&A, Levered ETFs [View article]
    Couldn't have picked a more volatile day to kick this off. Great show by anyone who picked up $GILD at $97.
    Aug 24, 2015. 02:02 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • What Could Make LifeLock A Zero Sooner: Fraud Allegations And The FTC Or New Free Competition? [View article]
    Took a while for this to play out. Hope some stuck with the short.
    Jul 21, 2015. 02:51 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Quote Of The Day – Thursday, July 09, 2015 [View instapost]
    So true. So much incoherent debate resulting from people not recognizing this basic truth.
    Jul 10, 2015. 08:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Bet On Seeking Alpha's Future [View article]
    Thank you to everyone who commented on this article. Thank you for your warm wishes, your votes of confidence, and your encouragement to embrace the challenges that lay ahead.

Seeking Alpha is a remarkable community of investors. It is an honor to be the CEO of the business that, with your participation, provides the backdrop for and enables the amazing things that happen here.

I look forward to an amazing journey with all of you.
    Jul 4, 2015. 04:18 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Bet On Seeking Alpha's Future [View article]
    David,

I am honored that you chose me to take the helm of the amazing company that you founded and built, with much blood, sweat and tears. You have been my mentor for so many years, and I feel blessed to have had the chance to work with you.

Thank you for everything you've done for me, for our staff, and for our users.

We will not let you down.

Eli
    Jul 2, 2015. 08:54 AM | 155 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • After Hours Gainers / Losers [View news story]
    ARNA -5.9% AH.

Jun 30, 2015. 05:47 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • After Hours Gainers / Losers [View news story]
    ARNA -5.9% AH.

Jun 30, 2015. 05:47 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sunshine Heart C-Pulse: 'The Lance Armstrong Effect' - Setting C-Pulse Apart [View article]
    BearCrusher/CallTheDoc...

To reiterate, we allow and encourage counterpoints and diverse opinions. What you're doing, however, is dominating the comment stream.

The comments on an article are primarily to allow readers to react to the article. You clearly reacted negatively, and that's welcome. But you seem to view your role as to threadsit and jump in immediately to counter anyone whose opinion differs from yours. In the real world, it's like the guy who won't let the teacher get on with his lesson, and insists on arguing with the teacher - and classmates who take the other side - on every sentence. It's not constructive and destroys the lesson.

Your aim here may indeed be to destroy the lesson by dominating the discussion. But that's not what comments are here for. If you want to have your say in a more powerful way, please submit your own thesis on SSH.
    Jun 23, 2015. 03:56 AM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Good point. BearCrusher, you are entitled to your say. In fact, I think dissenting opinions strengthen the user experience, even if some users don't like them.

But this is trolling. You are dominating the comment stream to an extent that damages rather than enhances the user experience (including mine).

You are welcome to submit your own short thesis on SSH. And to comment, judiciously, on others' articles. But please cease with the trolling immediately.
    Jun 22, 2015. 12:27 PM | 12 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    @1beaver,

Are you long SSH?
    Jun 22, 2015. 12:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Twitter: Still Further To Fall [View article]
    @Doyle Publishing Ltd.

Is there not indeed fresher ARPU data available?
    Jun 22, 2015. 02:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Twitter: Still Further To Fall [View article]
    @KoacNation, I don't know $TWTR's numbers well enough to have a bull/bear opinion on the stock, but I find your arguments unconvincing. Your case seems to be built on the fact that 1. the bull case is ridiculous - yet you only present strawman/bombastic bull arguments for the stock, 2. that it has yet to earn money.

I imagine the strongest bull case for TWTR, and this would probably have been true for $FB a couple years ago and $GOOG many years before that, is that it has carved out a meaningful niche within which it has a big moat, and that over time it will get better at monetizing that niche.

So to be a long-term TWTR bear, I think, you need to assert either that i) its niche will implode over time, or ii) it will never figure out monetization.
    Jun 22, 2015. 02:20 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • That's half-way to one million! [View instapost]
    Thanks for the suggestions Shane.

I can't promise we'll implement either of them (#1 is a bit niche, and #2 is not niche but is also very complicated and isn't our top priority right now), but I'll make sure both suggestions are given consideration by our web team.
    Jun 19, 2015. 08:21 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment