Eli Hoffmann

View SA Editor Eli Hoffmann's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Why You Should Sell Your TICC Shares Today At $7.60 [View article]
    Bad earnings report. Where does $TICC go from here?
    Feb 26, 2015. 10:01 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Interval Leisure Group Is Cheap With An Upcoming Earnings Bump [View article]
    We got the pre-earnings bump. Today we'll get to see if we get the earnings bump as well.
    Feb 26, 2015. 08:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ivanhoe Offers Unusually Attractive Risk-Adjusted Upside [View article]
    Worth asking: In hindsight, what went wrong with the author's thesis. How might we learn from this in the future?
    Feb 26, 2015. 08:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ivanhoe Energy Is A Terminal Short [View article]
    Terminal short was, in hindsight, an apt description.
    Feb 26, 2015. 08:46 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Samsung freezes salaries for 2015 [View news story]
    I guess, although you have to feel for the frontliners who probably work their hearts out and bear little responsibility for poor stewardship.
    Feb 26, 2015. 08:30 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Eagle and Teva team up in blood cancer [View news story]
    Did some investors have an early heads-up on this partnership?

Feb 17, 2015. 10:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pareto Portfolio Update [View article]
    Very good couple months. It'll be interesting to see how this does over time.
    Feb 15, 2015. 06:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Introducing Outstanding Performance Awards [View article]
    This is an intentional change. All Top Ideas are still free to all readers after a 24-hour window, but we no longer present a list of them on our home page. Only PRO subscribers have access to the full list of Top Ideas.
    Feb 14, 2015. 03:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GlaxoSmithKline +3.8% after UBS turns bullish [View news story]
    UBS also says a flat 80p dividend out to 2020 now seems plausible.
    Feb 13, 2015. 08:38 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • DuPont: A Short Seller's Dream [View article]
    I think Dallas addresses this question in his final paragraph.
    Feb 12, 2015. 09:34 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Expecting A Breakout Year For OxySure [View article]
    Aside from a brief runup last Nov., $OXYS has flatlined. Jason, thoughts?
    Feb 12, 2015. 08:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Coinbase to open first regulated U.S. Bitcoin exchange [View news story]
    Don't know if this is related, but Bitcoin is up strongly over the past week - now above 3.00.
    Jan 26, 2015. 03:24 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 6 Strategies For Controlling My ^#&%#!@ Emotions [View instapost]
    For me, emotion control is all about position sizing - if I have enough riding on the outcome of a single position that I'm getting emotional about it, I'm in trouble. Greed and fear set in, and I'm likely to make bad decisions (sell low, buy high, etc.). I don't have any good tools to rein in greed & fear once I'm in the think. So for me, it's about prevention.

Thanks for the thought-provoking topic, Chris!
    Jan 9, 2015. 06:45 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Jumbo: This Discount Retailer Is A Bargain [View article]
    Thanks. I was looking into this a little more and came across a snippit of a note from Piraeus: "As regards to the discount rate used in our valuation model, for each 1% rise in the 10-year Greek bond yield, the share price is affected by 6%." I don't have the full note nor access to their valuation model. I do note, however, that Jumbo's share price recently has closely tracked (inversely) changes in the 10-year yield. This can be seen here: http://bit.ly/17ppv5T
    Jan 9, 2015. 06:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Jumbo: This Discount Retailer Is A Bargain [View article]
    Sure. Valuation (share price) estimates are based on, among other things, DCF analysis. If Greece 10-year bond yields continue to rise, Jumbo's cost of debt will go up, negatively impacting the value of its cash flow.

What I was asking was: What is your estimate of the impact of the volatility of Greek bond yields on Jumbo's valuation? What if yields go to 12% or 14%?
    Jan 8, 2015. 05:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment