Eli Inkrot

View Eli Inkrot's Comments BY TICKER:
  • In Search Of High Yield And Growth [View article]
    Hi Tony, thanks for your comment. Yes and no. As indicated above, the high yield / solid growth thesis largely remains, but I did "rework the numbers" in light of the updated guidance.
    Feb 24, 2015. 03:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • In Search Of High Yield And Growth [View article]
    Hi cocomurph, thanks for your comment. As indicated above, I have indeed "rechecked" the figures via a follow up. Stay tuned.
    Feb 24, 2015. 03:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • In Search Of High Yield And Growth [View article]
    Hi Josh, thanks for your comment. Note that this article was written well prior, but just recently submitted / published. Although it should be further noted, as indicated above, that the lower guidance and share price slightly offset such that the high yield / solid growth thesis largely remains. Additionally, while I appreciate your NYCB sentiment, it should be underscored that it was by no means a "call." I simply write about what's on my mind, good or bad, and hopefully bring attention to less thought about idea avenues.
    Feb 24, 2015. 03:37 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • In Search Of High Yield And Growth [View article]
    Hi grox01, thanks for your comment. In a phrase, with regard to potential investors: just slightly. I recently submitted a follow up article taking into consideration the new guidance. Stay tuned.
    Feb 24, 2015. 03:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Watching Your Dividends Pile Up [View article]
    Thanks Dave, I truly appreciate both your comment and kind words. I find that the underlying math can be quite illustrative - perhaps obvious, but then again overlooked by many - when thinking about investing decisions.
    Feb 21, 2015. 01:13 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Wal-Mart Increases Dividend 2%; I Wouldn't Have Increased It At All [View article]
    Hi Dave, thanks for your comment and kind words. If I can create new avenues of thinking I've done my job. All the best.
    Feb 20, 2015. 04:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hi awayk, thanks for your comment. If popular finance theory holds, the total return spectrum would be approximately the same. It's not as if the business would suddenly be more or less valuable / capable of generating profits, just the manner in which these earnings would be deployed. The difference would be the way in which investors realize this gain. Less dividends, more buybacks would drive higher EPS and presumably a higher valuation, all else equal. Of course this would also subject a greater portion of one's return to what other people may or may not be willing to pay. Additionally, as you mentioned, this was merely a thought experiment. However, I do believe it is useful in determining the dynamic of the security moving forward. I hope that helps, all the best.
    Feb 20, 2015. 04:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks Mike, I appreciate both your comment and the link. I read your article and believe that many investors probably feel similar. All the best.
    Feb 20, 2015. 04:09 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • This Article Bought Me 2 Shares Of Kinder Morgan [View article]
    Jack, thanks for your comment and thinking of my article. All the best.
    Feb 16, 2015. 11:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Coca-Cola Vs. PepsiCo: The Dividend Growth Challenge [View article]
    Thanks LW54, I appreciate it. I like that phrase: "dumping dividends." It's like you're a construction site manager telling companies where to back up the dividend truck :) All the best.
    Feb 13, 2015. 10:09 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Coca-Cola Vs. PepsiCo: The Dividend Growth Challenge [View article]
    Thanks RS, I truly appreciate it. All the best.
    Feb 12, 2015. 04:05 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Case For Apple's 'Moderate' Dividend Growth [View article]
    Hi PlentyOStocks, thanks for your comment. That's a good observation. During fiscal year 2014 the per share dividend was 11% higher than FY2013. Yet due to buybacks, the total cash needed for this increase was "just" 5% greater. During the most recent quarter, the per share dividend was 9% higher, yet the total cash used for this payment was "just" 1% greater.
    Jan 29, 2015. 10:53 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Much 'Extra' Income Are You Getting If You Reinvest Dividends? [View article]
    Thanks Dave, I appreciate it. You got it: in a largely positive game, reinvestment simply adds to the process, be it via total return or total income growth. Thanks for the original article!
    Jan 28, 2015. 09:47 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: General Electric Continues To Regain Its Footing [View article]
    Hi DAG1996, thanks for your comment. I don't mind a bit, share away. All the best.
    Jan 24, 2015. 11:09 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Johnson & Johnson: 'Slightly Overvalued' Is No Reason To Sell [View article]
    Thanks popster76, I truly appreciate it. It's a great story: each and every year since that time JNJ has given shareholders a raise. All the best.
    Jan 23, 2015. 02:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment