Ellen Brown

View Ellen Brown's Comments BY TICKER:
  • The Stone That Brings Down Goliath? Richmond And Eminent Domain [View article]
    Thanks.
    Mar 4 12:02 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    It will bring the banks and investors to the table. The law is on the side of the city. Everything is negotiable.
    Mar 4 12:01 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amend The Fed: We Need A Central Bank That Serves Main Street [View article]
    That was going to be my next article.
    Dec 9 01:49 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amend The Fed: We Need A Central Bank That Serves Main Street [View article]
    Actually the Fed prints money and buys government securities on the open market, then returns the interest to the Treasury; so it's the cheapest way to finance government debt. They didn't want to return the interest, but Wright Patman coerced them into it in the 1960s when he tried to get the Fed nationalized.
    Dec 9 11:49 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Homeland Security Preparing For The Next Wall Street Collapse? [View article]
    So what's your solution, default on the debt? You don't think that would affect your investment decisions? It's affecting mine. Anyway I don't post my articles here; they just get picked up. I just check once in a while to see what kind of abuse I''m getting! Tough crowd.
    Oct 7 06:37 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Armageddon Looting Machine: The Looming Mass Destruction From Derivatives [View article]
    It's here --

11 U.S.C. §§ 362(b)(17), 362(b)(27), 560 (derivatives and repo players’ ability to liquidate collateral in their possession); id. § 546(g), (j) (exemption from preference rules); id.
    §§ 553(a), 560 (wider option to set off); id. § 546(g), (j) (exemption from constructive fraudulent conveyance liability); id. §§ 555, 559-561 (ability to terminate repos, swaps, and master netting agreements); id. (exemption from debtor’s typical § 365 option to affirm or reject). These apply in both Chapter 7 liquidations and Chapter 11 reorganizations.

See Mark Roe's Stanford Law Review article here --

Sep 18 10:11 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Leveraged Buyout Of America [View article]
    I didn't make those terms up that you all are criticizing here -- "laundered cash" and "leveraged buyout of America." The two sources I was drawing from called it laundered cash, and Catherine Austin Fitts writes and speaks about the leveraged buyout of the U.S.

She calls it a financial coup d'etat. You all are so technical in your discussion of what's going on that no one can see what's going on. Truthdig.com just made me Truthdigger of the week. That's the audience I'm writing for.

But I honestly do appreciate your insights, even if you're rude about it. I've never worked on Wall Street, and the whole thing is pretty impenetrable looking from the outside. Nomi Prins has though, and she said it was a great article.
    Aug 27 09:40 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Leveraged Buyout Of America [View article]
    It's fixed. Thanks for pointing that out!
    Aug 26 10:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Leveraged Buyout Of America [View article]
    Okay, thanks for pointing that out. I can fix it on my blog. Not sure how to fix it on Seeking Alpha but I'll ask. I don't intentionally post here; my articles just get picked up. I'm not a banker or a trader, just a writer; but I do my best to make all this understandable to ordinary people, and that's why my articles get picked up. One thing I do like about getting posted on SA is that I learn things here. You boys are bankers and traders and investors, but you don't write in a way that ordinary people can understand. Maybe we could trade skills.
    Aug 26 06:23 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Leveraged Buyout Of America [View article]
    My linked source said 31% --

"Those with low levels of loans to assets, like JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPM - Free JPMorgan Stock Report), where loans are 31% of assets, have more diversified sources of revenue, including from investment banking and asset management."

True, it was 2011.
    Aug 26 03:57 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Detroit Bail-In Template: Fleecing Pensioners To Save The Banks [View article]
    Precisely why the city needs its own bank. It's scewed either way borrowing from Wall Street -- variable or fixed.

The bet was rigged; the banks' man at the Fed manipulated the rates to rock-bottom levels to save the banks and screw the municipal governments. The city is stuck with a 5% rate on its bonds when it is only getting paid a pittance on its own deposits, on its pension investments, etc. And it was advised by the very bankers selling the bonds that getting swap "insurance" was "best practice." If Glass Steagall had been in place, the hucksters selling the "protection" would be a different outfit with a lot less leverage.
    Aug 8 08:58 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Collateral Damage: QE3 And The Shadow Banking System [View article]
    I would but am not well enough versed in the lingo. As Prof. Cochrane said at the end of his blog, "If you want to comment and explain shadow banking, please use little words that the rest of us can understand."
    Jul 25 12:12 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Collateral Damage: QE3 And The Shadow Banking System [View article]
    Or the BIS knows the free banking system is getting squeezed and is telling the Fed to back off QE, while "the market" is telling it the opposite. I wouldn't want Bernanke's job! Or maybe I would. I have some ideas what to do with it.
    Jul 25 12:08 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Collateral Damage: QE3 And The Shadow Banking System [View article]
    It drops money directly into consumers' balance sheets as an increase in asset values.

Don't follow. How does it jump the divide between the bank's reserve account at the Fed and consumer balance sheets?
    Jul 25 12:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Collateral Damage: QE3 And The Shadow Banking System [View article]
    Totally! That would work too.
    Jul 25 12:02 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment