Ellen Brown

View Ellen Brown's Comments BY TICKER:
  • What’s Really Behind QE2? [View article]
    The Fed doesn't need pockets. It has a computer keyboard and a mouse.
    Nov 20, 2010. 02:15 AM | 10 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What’s Really Behind QE2? [View article]
    If you're neither a borrower nor a lender, you'd best marry well or forget about buying a house.
    Nov 20, 2010. 02:14 AM | 12 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What’s Really Behind QE2? [View article]
    Or here's another idea -- how about spending them. We could use somebody doing some shopping around here!
    Nov 20, 2010. 02:13 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What’s Really Behind QE2? [View article]
    Is that a trick question? Why not?
    Nov 20, 2010. 02:12 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • What’s Really Behind QE2? [View article]
    He's not printing money to create inflation. He's doing it to fund the government's deficit, getting the Chinese off our backs and avoiding having to raise taxes to incredible heights.
    Nov 20, 2010. 02:11 AM | 15 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What’s Really Behind QE2? [View article]
    Prosperous for the bankers and wealthy insiders. What periods are you thinking of?
    Nov 20, 2010. 02:09 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What’s Really Behind QE2? [View article]
    That's the point, we can't double taxes; that's why QE2 is the only alternative. (Sorry, I posted this reply in the wrong place originally.)
    Nov 20, 2010. 02:08 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What’s Really Behind QE2? [View article]
    The military, sure; but good luck with that! How about social security? Today many people are living on nothing but social security. The difference between now and the Great Depression, when the real unemployment rate was the same, is that today the unemployed and the elderly get social security and unemployment. Otherwise you'd be seeing those bread lines around the block, and white collar types doing the Grapes of Wrath thing picking strawberries.
    Nov 20, 2010. 02:05 AM | 28 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What’s Really Behind QE2? [View article]
    Why do you say they're artificially high prices? It's an auction, and private parties can bid as well. The best bid wins. The primary dealers are there to "make a market," to make sure the auction happens. The Fed isn't allowed to buy bonds directly from the government. I'm not sure why but probably because it looks bad; it's not an arms length transaction at "market prices."
    Nov 20, 2010. 02:02 AM | 12 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What’s Really Behind QE2? [View article]
    that's the point, we can't double taxes; that's why QE2 is the only alternative.
    Nov 20, 2010. 01:58 AM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Foreclosuregate Could Force Bank Nationalization [View article]
    Thanks. I had the same problem in court. Curse those female hormones! Next life I'm coming as a man.
    Nov 10, 2010. 11:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Foreclosuregate Could Force Bank Nationalization [View article]
    I understand why there aren't more women in politics. It's hard for us, being torn into when we mean well! Men have tougher hides.
    Nov 10, 2010. 04:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Foreclosuregate Could Force Bank Nationalization [View article]
    I didn't see any substantive criticism, only diatribe and toying with the language. Where are the facts? What's the difference whether something is called socialism or crony capitalism? They're both bad. I'm talking about allowing us to share in the profits if we have to bear the losses, whatever you want to call it.
    Nov 10, 2010. 04:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Foreclosuregate Could Force Bank Nationalization [View article]
    Thanks Larry L! It's so strange, being called an idiot and worse, when I really am doing my best to sort things out here and propose better solutions. I could be off playing bridge like other retired people my age.
    Nov 10, 2010. 04:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Foreclosuregate Could Force Bank Nationalization [View article]
    You diminish your credibility by saying I know "next to nothing." I obviously know something. I've written a whole book and nearly a hundred articles on the subject, and have been researching it for the last decade. Moreover, my article is totally sourced. You should be arguing with my sources, not me.
    Nov 10, 2010. 12:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment