Energy Trade

View Energy Trade's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Another MLP To Score - Crestwood [View article]
    Hi Eaglemmx. I actually had been in it earlier this year. And did recently reenter right after writing the article. So the gem is added!
    Jul 18, 2013. 12:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Another MLP To Score - Crestwood [View article]
    You are right. XTEX is riskier. I always like to have a few riskier play that have big reward potential. Just my style.
    Jul 18, 2013. 12:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Right Time For Crosstex Energy [View article]
    Their earnings are negative and have been for some time. This leaves the denominator for the ratio undefined. The expectation is that this is ready to turn around give the new investments that will bring in strong EBITDA.
    Jul 11, 2013. 01:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Transocean, Why Bother? [View article]
    Hi Ventureshadow,
    It is apparent you didn't read this article closely. The Macondo situation is in the past. I do not see this as a reason to sell the stock. I simply say that in spite of the resolutions that have come, RIG is still one of the weakest companies in its sector. Many have argued that having this situation in the past is a bullish catalyst, but regardless of the incident, RIG is a poorly run company that has significant issues. There are countless better places to be.

The long term trend has been down and has no signs of reversing. Can it go up? Sure. It just will not come close to being an out performer and will continue to be a weak link in the sector. "Hold your nose and buy" is not for me. It can tie up money that could be used to actually be making money. BP has also been a major under performer.....Just not for me......not when there are much stronger companies out there.
    Fair comment on certainty. Obviously there is never certainty. But there are definitely levels of certainty. What Icahn is doing elevates uncertainty and I don't want any part of it.
    So bottom line is that RIG is just not nearly as good of a company as others out there, in spite of Macondo. The negatives are much more significant then the positives........inves... know it and that is why they continue to bail on the stock.
    Jun 10, 2013. 01:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Transocean, Why Bother? [View article]
    Hi Ventureshadow,
    It is apparent you didn't read this article closely.The Macondo situation is in the past. I do not see this as a reason to sell the stock. I simply say that in spite of the resolutions that have come, RIG is still one of the weakest companies in its sector. Many have argued that having this situation in the past is a bullish catalyst, but irregardless of the incident, RIG is a poorly run company that has significant issues. There are countless better places to be.

Jun 10, 2013. 01:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Transocean, Why Bother? [View article]
    I love what its doing from a long term technical standpoint. I am a big proponent of using technicals with fundamentals for my trades. With CAM setting a new high recently, I like that. Stocks that set new highs typically go higher. Stocks that set new lows typically go higher. From a very short term standpoint, I don't like CAM's technicals. May have some trouble for June.

If you are interested.........follow the link on the banner up on the top left side of the page. It is what I do from a short term trading standpoint to make money. Been a cool thing that my brother and I have developed over the last number of years. You can check us out for free. Although, I know many don't like the short term trading thing......I love it.
    Jun 3, 2013. 11:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Transocean, Why Bother? [View article]
    Somebody ought to put a nice little article out on CAM's potential. Maybe I will do some research.
    Jun 3, 2013. 10:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Transocean, Why Bother? [View article]
    Thanks, I appreciate your comments. I believe the value gets lower, but of course I could be wrong. Good luck. Wish you the best.
    Jun 3, 2013. 10:24 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Transocean, Why Bother? [View article]
    I am confused by the Cadillac comment in reference to RIG. It has been one of the biggest losers in their field for several years. Their dividend has not made up for their poor stock performance.

I would be interested in hearing more of your reasoning. Maybe you could write an article for us to read?
    Jun 3, 2013. 09:59 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Transocean, Why Bother? [View article]
    Hi inkyx,
    Thanks for your comments. I should have made it a bit more clear. When talking about staying away from RIG, I am referring to investors looking to buy and hold, expecting things to turn around over the long haul. True, there are some positives, but I believe the negatives are too significant for RIG to come close to outperforming its peers. It is very likely to under perform as it has for the last number of years.

For a trader, I have no issue looking to trade it. I myself have traded it twice this year. Once bullish and once bearish using puts and calls. Both worked nicely. No home run, but solid profit. One trade lasted two days, one lasted 2 weeks.

I do believe we are all into making money, no matter our views on stocks.

PS Rich - That CAM is intriguing
    Jun 3, 2013. 09:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nucor And Steel Dynamics To Lead [View article]
    Hi Bigsmitty,
    MT is definitely reliant on the global steel market. They have their toes dipped everywhere. I consider them a higher risk play. If the steel market does pick up significantly, the stock has huge upside potential. With that significant pick up in question, that is why I prefer the plays of NUE and STLD. Yes, MT has a nice dividend. It is a bit concerning that they cut their dividend 3rd quarter 2012. They also trade at a cheap multiple. If MT moves up to about 6.5x multiple, that would suggest a stock price around $17. This is a reasonable multiple to expect if MT catches up to some of its competitors.
    So value wise, MT makes sense. Like I said, the biggest concern is their heavy leverage to global steel demand, which is in question. I put MT in the category of wanting to wait to see stronger signs of demand growth, before jumping on.
    For longer term investors and value players, MT does make sense. However, they may have to whether further pain before seeing significant returns.
    May 31, 2013. 10:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nucor And Steel Dynamics To Lead [View article]
    Its a big if on the global steel demand rising. Until China decides that it is ready to step up and start overbuilding again.
    May 29, 2013. 04:12 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment