Epsilon

View Epsilon's Comments BY TICKER:
  • The CEF Sell-Off: Time To Buy? [View article]
    It all depends on your situation, but as some CEFs are taxed as income they could be a better choice than a dividend yielding stock (assuming the dividend tax increases significantly in 2013). But most importantly is the quality of the fund. Research the fund, check the history of their distributions, check their investment portfolio, check their management fees (2% is high), etc., etc. CEFconnect.com is a great place for a lot of this info. Thanks for reading!
    Nov 17 01:49 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 7 High-Yield Monthly Income Ideas For Election Season [View article]
    That's where I got my info. Not sure if there is a better, all-in-one source out there. I'll check around and post if I find anything. Thanks for reading!
    Sep 11 04:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 7 High-Yield Monthly Income Ideas For Election Season [View article]
    I apologize for any misinformation. Corrections have been made. Thanks!
    Sep 11 12:41 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 7 High-Yield Monthly Income Ideas For Election Season [View article]
    A full list of high-yield monthly distributing CEFs is available on our website - http://bit.ly/xVVl5W.

Please note, this list does not take into account distribution history or UNII.
    Sep 11 05:05 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Zagg: 10 Times Earnings And The Shorts Are Sill Not Covering [View article]
    Good stuff, thanks for the article. I hesitated and missed ideal entry (ZAGG) at support at the $7.00 level last week but I may get in if momentum stays strong. $10 to $11 range seems attainable, even in the short term. Thanks again.
    Sep 4 04:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Markets Hit Resistance, Look To These ETFs [View article]
    Thank you for the comment. I'll take a closer look at SDIV.
    Aug 1 01:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Markets Hit Resistance, Look To These ETFs [View article]
    Great question. I understand your thinking; if you would've held SDS mid/long term through the 2008 crash you would've made some nice gains. But it's a stats game. Statistically, the S&P 500, and other markets, produce positive returns over long time lines. (Look at SPY vs. SDS on a 2, 5, or 10 year time line.) Betting against the market on a long term basis, therefore, is extremely risky. Precious metals like gold and silver (and their ETFs like GLD, SLV, etc.) can be a good long term alternative investment if your weary of the equities markets.
    Aug 1 01:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Undervalued REITs [View article]
    I do like NRF, especially as I am a technical trader and the REIT is still trading near its breakthrough support/resistance level. In keeping consistent, however, I didn't include it in the analysis above due to its negative ROE and negative income last earnings report. I'm curious to see what its next earnings report, on August 2nd, will do for the trust.
    Jul 13 06:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Undervalued REITs [View article]
    Hey Howard, thanks for the info. I'll check out the article from GVI.
    Jul 10 03:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Undervalued REITs [View article]
    I held ANH as well this year, along with ARR. Exited both a little too soon but was very happy with the returns. Thanks for the comment.
    Jul 10 03:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • S&P Breaks Support: 83 Inverse Equity ETFs To Use As A Hedge [View article]
    Thanks for reading. I used to use Stochastic and MACD as my primary technical indicators but with increasingly volatile markets I have become more of a fan of support levels. I still use other technical indicators (Stochastic and MACD) but support/resistance levels tend to be more telling in my opinion. Finviz.com is a great website for quickly finding significant support levels for an equity.
    Jun 6 10:58 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Improve Your Trading: Keeping A Detailed Trade Log [View article]
    The above info is actually just sample data. But you make a very good point; a possible expansion to the above trade sheet blueprint. Thank you for reading and thank you for the great input.
    Jan 28 07:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 59 High-Yielding Equities With Monthly Distributions, Part I: 10% To 20% Yields [View article]
    Thank you, yes I found AOD after publishing this article. The updated archive of monthly distributing stocks can be found at http://bit.ly/xVVl5W. Thanks for reading.
    Jan 18 07:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Equities Yielding Over 10% With Ex-Dividend Dates This Week: Part II [View article]
    I've never had significant success with dividend capturing. But I do enjoy a good dividend stock/ETF and if I'm looking to enter the position anyhow I like to get in close to (before) the ex-dividend date. With that said, all equities mentioned in this article are offered as speculation, not for dividend capturing. Thanks for reading.
    Jan 16 12:47 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla Stock Collapses But Looks Massively Oversold [View article]
    Great info, thanks. I agree, a great buying opportunity at very strong support at the $22 to $24 range. Also, many of the short sellers (40% short float) likely closed out positions on the quick price dip; this could, in turn, drive the stock back up.
    Jan 14 11:08 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment