Equitable Research

View Equitable Research's Comments BY TICKER:

• Sell Chesapeake Energy Stock After Its First-Quarter Loss [View article]
    This boiler plate content (ie. looking at an earnings headline and writing a 200 word summary of the headline) is what really bothers me. I expect this from Motley Fool but not here. Too many writers just cranking out content to get that minimum $35 payment. No attention to detail or critical thinking.
    May 7, 2015. 12:53 PM | 10 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Jefferies Might Be Right About Skullcandy [View article]
    I said the stock should sell off 30% on this report and it did at one point yesterday. Given the valuation gap and better competitive position (as gaming is the only part doing well), I have put a small bet on HEAR. I'd be interested in getting back in to SKUL but at $6. It is still overhyped and your last sentence proves that. While I like Hoby and he has done great things, no manager is a miracle worker. Audio headphone business simply isn't very good when you have a sub-par product with questionable branding and that is where Skullcandy lies. Good thing is the Astro Gaming is rocking. I said it a year ago that it could be worth more than the core business and now I am certain it is.
    May 7, 2015. 12:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sell Chesapeake Energy Stock After Its First-Quarter Loss [View article]
    This could be one of the squarest posts I have ever read here. I bought CHK today for the first time in over 5 years. Perfect entry.
    May 7, 2015. 10:38 AM | 9 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Peabody Is My Favorite Idea That Everyone Knows, But That No One Understands [View article]
    Its amazing how nobody equates risk and reward.

Of course BTU is "ugly" and like J says thats why it provides oversized returns.

Can't compare it to NILSY in any way!
    May 7, 2015. 10:22 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Ya I mean this argument about the low AUD being beneficial is sorta ridiculous. A high AUD reflects high commodity prices and whether there is a direct correlation to coal prices there is at least somewhat of a correlation. More so than the gains from a low AUD realized in cost cutting.
    May 6, 2015. 11:10 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rosetta Stone: Make A Profit By Putting Your Ego Aside [View article]
    Best line from the earnings PR:

"The Company has decided to no longer communicate quarterly guidance."

That about sums it up...

Jonrice mentioned a Roumell liquidation. Why do you suspect this?
    May 6, 2015. 10:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • EXCO Resources: Can A Restructuring Succeed? [View article]
    Rawenergy - Any thoughts on ECR Q1?
    May 6, 2015. 07:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Embarrassment Of Transparency [View article]
    I don't know why I asked him a question as I just noticed his last comment was 4 years ago. This feeds from his blog through RSS. So don't expect a response here from Peter Schiff.
    May 6, 2015. 06:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Groupon posts mixed results, offers light Q2 guidance (updated) [View news story]
    I wish Groupon cared about making money but they don't. They are impossible to deal with. Just pencil pushers. I don't know how else to tell you, but they just have a very antiquated system combined with basically retards working there. My correspondence with Google and Microsoft and Apple are entirely different. I have never dealt with Oracle but given the success of the company I imagine they employ smart people.
    May 6, 2015. 06:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    What I said was I was a LARGE customer 2 years ago. I still use them right now but only to liquidate stuff I can't sell anywhere else. I get a new rep every week and they still do everything by fax. Seriously if you are going to invest in the company you should do some research behind the scenes. Its not pretty.
    May 6, 2015. 06:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    The balance sheet isn't a "nightmare". Once you take a real deep look in to the numbers you see that it is easily manageable.
    May 6, 2015. 05:31 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I suggest that you talk to some customers instead of relying on the corporate kool-aid. Everybody in the e-commerce industry despises working with Groupon. Their entire backend platform hasn't changed in 10 years. This is why I didn't buy at $2 and I wouldn't buy now.
    May 6, 2015. 04:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Anybody know why CLD is off 10% today?

I bought BTU today. Still would like some CLD but would rather buy at $5.

Can't find any news to support the 10% dive. Perhaps sentiment is shifting in favor of BTU as it is outperforming the sector for the first time in awhile.

Maybe this is owing to the met coal angle as William discussed?
    May 6, 2015. 03:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Sure, but the same people said that same exact comment when I made the same exact comment about LQDT when it was $20. If you want to understand the business you should talk to customers. I *was* one of the larger customers of Groupon a couple years ago. The company has fallen apart since. It wasn't great before.
    May 6, 2015. 03:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    As an e-commerce merchant for 20 years I can tell you that Groupon is possibly the worst company to deal with. Incompetent employees with high turnover and a terrible process for doing anything.
    May 6, 2015. 11:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment