Equitable Research

View Equitable Research's Comments BY TICKER:

• Silvercorp Metals sinks after earnings miss, dividend suspension [View news story]
    Silvercorp has a good 6 months or even longer to get the share price over $1 and it only needs to close there one day to start the clock again. One big metals up day will do it. I think its really early to start talking about reverse splits. If history is an indication I think the buybacks will start Tuesday. It also looks like lead (used for batteries primarily) has bottomed and that is 32% of sales last quarter. Margins are still reasonably strong despite the operational issues with switching contractors and the dispute that arised over this. Feng has come back and made some tough decisions quickly. It really feels like it can't get much worse and this will trade as a leveraged proxy to metals prices. Thing is it has a floor as its not leveraged like almost every other miner. Its a lean and flexible operation and exec compensation is very reasonable and commensurate with performance as opposed to most miners that have CEO's making mega millions in tough times.
    Aug 16, 2015. 10:14 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Interesting choice of words by this site saying that SVM is "sinking" following the report. There were only 100 shares (a whopping $80 worth) traded AH. I wish the editors weren't so sensationalist in their choice of titles. Where this trades tomorrow will depend on the price of gold (not even silver).

I agree with the dividend decision. SVM is sitting pretty right now with $75M in cash and cash flow positive operations. I bought this stock because its the safest way to play silver. It makes money even in this rough environment. I think the company will start with the buybacks now that earnings are out. I'm impressed with the operational results so far from this report.
    Aug 13, 2015. 09:34 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What To Expect From Sandstorm's Q2 Earnings [View article]
    Sandstorm is actually in a very unique position to capitalize on this pandemonium. Don't be surprised to see some new favorable deals. The CEO is the smartest guy in the game and probably the hardest working too.
    Jul 22, 2015. 10:38 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Bet On Seeking Alpha's Future [View article]
    Thanks David for your creation and good luck Eli in your new role!

Eli has always been a class act.
    Jul 2, 2015. 12:39 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is The Bottom In For Coal? Interviewing Vic Svec Of Peabody To Find Out [View article]
    I'm more bullish on it than I am BTU as it has much lower leverage and a better product and a more competitive market shipping to South Korea and Taiwan. However.... the fact that it has *only* dropped 10% is a little frightening at least in the short term because it can easily play catch up and drop quickly once the BTU drop resonates on that market. I like the story long term. It would have made a great pair trade long versus a BTU short!
    Jul 1, 2015. 07:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I don't think it is a terrible buy now that it dropped another 40% from when I posted that.
    Jul 1, 2015. 04:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I told you not to listen to anything IR has to say.
    Jul 1, 2015. 10:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sell Chesapeake Energy Stock After Its First-Quarter Loss [View article]
    I think its more the case of a broken clock being right twice a day.
    Jun 26, 2015. 05:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    You should watch some recent interviews with India's energy minister. Coal ramp up is booming in India. They wont be exporting anything.
    Jun 26, 2015. 11:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Really? LOL
    Jun 26, 2015. 09:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    There is tons of new supply going online in India. That doesn't bode well for companies that are intent on supplying that market.
    Jun 25, 2015. 02:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Correct - I don't vote. Like I said it doesn't matter to me who wins or loses. I am not a subject of the state.
    Jun 25, 2015. 11:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Where do you get that supply is declining? Even the most bullish coal analysts acknowledge that this is not true. Here is the problem with coal in general. There is a massive structural change at work to the economics of the industry. So while it may have been cyclical it isn't really anymore. That is not to say it can't go up but the guaranteed bounce back like you would see in other commodities over time isn't guaranteed anymore due to this fundamental shift. Politics is in the way now and China and India aren't accepting imports for the most part. Domestic use is in obvious decline. If you are a coal bull I'd look for companies that cater to strong coal markets like Japan and Korea and maybe Taiwan.
    Jun 25, 2015. 11:11 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Now The Time To Invest In Michael Kors? [View article]
    That wouldn't make a good headline though Stan.

Sad to see the way this site is self-destructing.

Being overrun by boiler plate content from non-financial writers.

This all started when the site moved to paying contributors a $35 per article guarantee and the editorial standards have gone out the window.

There is nothing newsworthy about this article and it distorts the truth.
    Jun 24, 2015. 03:37 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Now The Time To Invest In Michael Kors? [View article]
    What a joke that this nonsense gets published here. Do the editors bother fact checking anything?
    Jun 24, 2015. 03:24 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment