Equitable Research

View Equitable Research's Comments BY TICKER:

• Hargreaves Services: A Value Investor In Disguise [View article]
    Does anybody know if the super thinly traded ADR of this pay dividends? To me the USD ADR is more attractive as I wont have to convert to GBP.
    May 11, 2015. 02:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Announcing Seeking Alpha's Contrarian Contest Winners [View article]
    Congrats to the winners. I look forward to the next contest. Thanks for organizing it Daniel.
    May 11, 2015. 10:51 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Turtle Beach - Tune Out The Noise And Buy Potential Multi-Bagger [View article]
    Actually on the call they said they wont rule out an equity raise.
    May 11, 2015. 09:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    It is true Derek. From the call:

"due to the high concentration of sales and more so EBITDA in our fourth quarter we are pursuing a $20 million term loan to augment our ABL facility with Bank of America and provide the business with the ample liquidity"
    May 10, 2015. 10:54 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Yet Another Reason To Like CORN: A Low Valuation Relative To Gold [View article]
    "Corn and bean prices reflect pure supply and demand reports and projections"

---> This is false as it ignores the huge amount of speculation in the markets. Fundamentals for corn right now are extremely bullish yet it is being massively shorted by funds but being bought by the commercials so its been a slow roll down. I have no position in corn at the moment but am considering getting long here but wanted to point out that the markets are not simply driven by reports or fundamentals.
    May 10, 2015. 02:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Jefferies Might Be Right About Skullcandy [View article]
    There can certainly be dilution with HEAR as they didn't dismiss an equity raise as a funding option on the call. Since they are tripping covenants left and right it is unclear how successful they will be in the debt market. I was rather disappointed of the immediate need for such a substantial amount of cash. I still maintain that the gaming cycle is playing out and that this is the early stages and HEAR is still the leader although its market share is declining. This time next year the stock price should be higher as Q4 2015 will be one of the biggest quarters ever for gaming peripherals. Any traction with Hypersound will be an unexpected positive. I think the street expects it to fail - other than Michael Pachter who has been thoroughly embarrassed from the start of his disastrous coverage of HEAR.
    May 10, 2015. 12:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rosetta Stone: Make A Profit By Putting Your Ego Aside [View article]
    I listened to the analyst questions. I wanted to hear Roumell's comments and there is no transcript here. This was possibly the funniest call I've ever heard. The execs are completely clueless. At one point they broke out laughing because they realized they were just speaking nonsense. It was very awkward. What a bumbling bunch of idiots. Not sure what Roumell sees in this company. It is toxic on an idiot level.
    May 8, 2015. 09:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Harmony Gold Mining Disappoints [View article]
    A little bit of a short sighted and headline review analysis as you missed the big news. Harmony Gold is looking to spin off Golpu to benefit shareholders.

May 8, 2015. 05:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tremor Video: Significant Improvement In Gross Margins And Operating Leverage Provide Clear Visibility To Near-Term Profitability [View article]
    Q2 was guided way below consensus so market probably thinks that FY guidance is a little aggressive.
    May 8, 2015. 05:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sell Chesapeake Energy Stock After Its First-Quarter Loss [View article]
    This boiler plate content (ie. looking at an earnings headline and writing a 200 word summary of the headline) is what really bothers me. I expect this from Motley Fool but not here. Too many writers just cranking out content to get that minimum $35 payment. No attention to detail or critical thinking.
    May 7, 2015. 12:53 PM | 10 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Jefferies Might Be Right About Skullcandy [View article]
    I said the stock should sell off 30% on this report and it did at one point yesterday. Given the valuation gap and better competitive position (as gaming is the only part doing well), I have put a small bet on HEAR. I'd be interested in getting back in to SKUL but at $6. It is still overhyped and your last sentence proves that. While I like Hoby and he has done great things, no manager is a miracle worker. Audio headphone business simply isn't very good when you have a sub-par product with questionable branding and that is where Skullcandy lies. Good thing is the Astro Gaming is rocking. I said it a year ago that it could be worth more than the core business and now I am certain it is.
    May 7, 2015. 12:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sell Chesapeake Energy Stock After Its First-Quarter Loss [View article]
    This could be one of the squarest posts I have ever read here. I bought CHK today for the first time in over 5 years. Perfect entry.
    May 7, 2015. 10:38 AM | 9 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Peabody Is My Favorite Idea That Everyone Knows, But That No One Understands [View article]
    Its amazing how nobody equates risk and reward.

Of course BTU is "ugly" and like J says thats why it provides oversized returns.

Can't compare it to NILSY in any way!
    May 7, 2015. 10:22 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Ya I mean this argument about the low AUD being beneficial is sorta ridiculous. A high AUD reflects high commodity prices and whether there is a direct correlation to coal prices there is at least somewhat of a correlation. More so than the gains from a low AUD realized in cost cutting.
    May 6, 2015. 11:10 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rosetta Stone: Make A Profit By Putting Your Ego Aside [View article]
    Best line from the earnings PR:

"The Company has decided to no longer communicate quarterly guidance."

That about sums it up...

Jonrice mentioned a Roumell liquidation. Why do you suspect this?
    May 6, 2015. 10:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment