Equitable Research

View Equitable Research's Comments BY TICKER:

• EXCO Resources: Can A Restructuring Succeed? [View article]
    To be clear I am not talking about the famous people (Pickens & Ross). I am talking about the April 1 restructuring deal with the Bluescape group. It is being set up to succeed. Risks are noted however but I think the idea of Exco failing is remote.
    May 1, 2015. 11:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • EXCO Resources: Can A Restructuring Succeed? [View article]
    What this article really didn't get in to is what really matters. What will drive the share price higher? A detailed analysis of the people behind this restructuring is needed. What do they have at stake? How much money are they bringing to the table? Other background players? In a big picture it becomes obvious that XCO despite all the perceived shortcomings will be a multi-bagger at some point in the next few years. Sometimes you just got to close your eyes and buy and all the stars are lining up here finally.
    May 1, 2015. 10:56 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold pushes past $1,200 as world's "biggest pawnbroker" makes deal [View news story]
    The US dollar index has already turned. Have you not noticed it is down like 5% from its highs a month ago?
    May 1, 2015. 01:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Celladon Bet: Watch Out For Abnormal Signals [View article]
    Trying to predict the outcome of a binary event this way is futile. There are often huge volume bear raids right ahead of a major positive.
    Apr 30, 2015. 11:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CVSL Inc. Is In Trouble [View article]
    I agree with your article but I'd compare CVSL more to Blyth or Herbalife rather than to Valeant or Post Holdings.
    Apr 30, 2015. 11:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Vivus Is Undervalued At Anything Under $10 Per Share [View article]
    Thanks for the article Damon. I bought today for the first time in years. North Tide Capital are a sharp group of guys and now have 11M shares. You are right that Qsymia is the best product. It simply works better than the ARNA and OREX products. The company just has a sales problem but that will naturally be fixed. I wouldn't be surprised to see an activist jump in here.
    Apr 29, 2015. 06:50 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Vivus Inks Deal To Make Qsymia More Affordable, But Will It Spur Sales? [View article]
    LOL Chris... So true. Unfortunately I follow VVUS and get Spencer's "updates" daily with no way to block them without missing genuine VVUS news. Nothing against Spencer but it seems his reporting is little biased. And rt94103, if you sold today I feel good about my new position. Perhaps I bought the bottom this afternoon. I haven't been long VVUS in quite some time. Think the selling here is overdone. ARNA and OREX are both fully priced right now. Expect a reversion to the mean as always.
    Apr 29, 2015. 04:28 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Hulu wins competition to 'Seinfeld' rights; inks exclusive AMC deal [View news story]
    Yes, Seinfeld is the most syndicated show ever but feels so dated watching it. Think it has peaked already. None of these companies will be able to make money paying so much for content like this. Perhaps they are looking to take Hulu public. Makes sense given the success of Netflix. This will at least drive revenues. Probably not incremental profit though.
    Apr 29, 2015. 03:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Iamgold Is Priced Like It Is Highly Leveraged But It Is Sitting On A Ton Of Cash [View article]
    My thesis is playing out here. I haven't sold any shares either. Still looking for $3+ but am leaning more towards $4 once gold moves over $1300/oz. Since I wrote this gold is about even but IAG up 20%. Now that is an "outperformance". Look for the trend to continue as something is obviously driving this higher. Perhaps a deal is in the works after all.
    Apr 29, 2015. 02:35 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • EXCO Resources beats by $0.02, misses on revenue [View news story]
    You have no idea what you are saying. There is zero chance XCO goes under. Do some more research. Bonds are strong and the company is well funded with big money behind it.
    Apr 28, 2015. 09:57 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • EXCO Resources beats by $0.02, misses on revenue [View news story]
    No E&P is growing revenues. What are you talking about?
    Apr 28, 2015. 07:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • TheStreet: An Interesting Play Below $2 [View article]
    $30M for a couple websites with nothing proprietary and no real traffic - not even on social meda. Maybe I'm missing something? The designs aren't even nice. I mean I spend all day and night reading finance stuff and I've never heard of either of these sites. They aren't competitively well positioned. Add this to the obvious sketchiness of the structure of TST and I can't see any value ever being returned to common shareholders. So I stick by my original assessment. It is a value trap.
    Apr 28, 2015. 05:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • EXCO Resources beats by $0.02, misses on revenue [View news story]
    Revenues aren't important. Market will focus on the spending reductions and derivative gains that drove the EPS beat along with the amended credit agreement and new flexibility. I'm a buyer here. I think the worst is over. I like the CEO deal and the incentives solely based on share price.
    Apr 28, 2015. 05:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Turtle Beach sells $5M worth of high-interest debt; shares -2% [View news story]
    Ugly... I agree. But that is the way the ball rolls when dealing with volatile micro caps. Nothing has really changed and huge swings come with the territory.
    Apr 28, 2015. 12:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • EXCO Resources: Weathering The Storm [View article]
    One thing these guys are really good at is derivatives. Look for some huge gains today on those contracts. Especially the NG calls they sold that are way OTM.
    Apr 28, 2015. 12:52 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment