Equitable Research

View Equitable Research's Comments BY TICKER:

• EXCO Resources: Can A Restructuring Succeed? [View article]
    Rawenergy - Any thoughts on ECR Q1?
    May 6, 2015. 07:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Embarrassment Of Transparency [View article]
    I don't know why I asked him a question as I just noticed his last comment was 4 years ago. This feeds from his blog through RSS. So don't expect a response here from Peter Schiff.
    May 6, 2015. 06:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Groupon posts mixed results, offers light Q2 guidance (updated) [View news story]
    I wish Groupon cared about making money but they don't. They are impossible to deal with. Just pencil pushers. I don't know how else to tell you, but they just have a very antiquated system combined with basically retards working there. My correspondence with Google and Microsoft and Apple are entirely different. I have never dealt with Oracle but given the success of the company I imagine they employ smart people.
    May 6, 2015. 06:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    What I said was I was a LARGE customer 2 years ago. I still use them right now but only to liquidate stuff I can't sell anywhere else. I get a new rep every week and they still do everything by fax. Seriously if you are going to invest in the company you should do some research behind the scenes. Its not pretty.
    May 6, 2015. 06:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Peabody Is My Favorite Idea That Everyone Knows, But That No One Understands [View article]
    The balance sheet isn't a "nightmare". Once you take a real deep look in to the numbers you see that it is easily manageable.
    May 6, 2015. 05:31 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I suggest that you talk to some customers instead of relying on the corporate kool-aid. Everybody in the e-commerce industry despises working with Groupon. Their entire backend platform hasn't changed in 10 years. This is why I didn't buy at $2 and I wouldn't buy now.
    May 6, 2015. 04:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Anybody know why CLD is off 10% today?

I bought BTU today. Still would like some CLD but would rather buy at $5.

Can't find any news to support the 10% dive. Perhaps sentiment is shifting in favor of BTU as it is outperforming the sector for the first time in awhile.

Maybe this is owing to the met coal angle as William discussed?
    May 6, 2015. 03:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Sure, but the same people said that same exact comment when I made the same exact comment about LQDT when it was $20. If you want to understand the business you should talk to customers. I *was* one of the larger customers of Groupon a couple years ago. The company has fallen apart since. It wasn't great before.
    May 6, 2015. 03:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    As an e-commerce merchant for 20 years I can tell you that Groupon is possibly the worst company to deal with. Incompetent employees with high turnover and a terrible process for doing anything.
    May 6, 2015. 11:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Embarrassment Of Transparency [View article]
    Peter - Clearly the market doesn't reflect the economic situation otherwise it would be priced significantly lower right now as the data has been abysmal. So with the Fed not raising rates - and very likely introducing QE4 - where does this leave the market a year from now heading in to the elections?
    May 6, 2015. 11:46 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    With regards to the contrarian contest to me this looks like a clear winner as you are right to say that even the most hardened contrarians have at least ignored coal. Most have outright shunned it. And the fundamentals dont support coal disappearing ever.
    May 6, 2015. 10:58 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks William. Last time I was in BTU it was ugly and I "capitulated" at $30. Imagine that? I like your thinking here. Going to pick some up. I also like your other thoughts on shorts like IBB.
    May 6, 2015. 10:00 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I have been looking at coal a little. Contrarian also and I have been burned by coal several times on the way down. Also sold several bounces. But is BTU the best way to play it? I've been looking at CLD. Don't own any. So why BTU versus any of the others? BTU still could drop quite a bit further. The carnage of WLT is shocking and BTU really is in bad shape. But CLD doesn't have a great balance sheet but it looks OK. Certainly much better than BTU and it similarly has lost most of its value. I was going to buy before earnings below $6 but didn't pull the trigger.
    May 6, 2015. 12:01 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Get Short Borderfree Before Q4 Earnings [View article]
    Bought for $14.
    May 5, 2015. 07:08 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Vape Holdings: Hot Marijuana Stock With A Ridiculous $235 Million Market Valuation [View article]
    VAPE was up 19% today. Only needs to go up about 7000% more to get back to where it was when I wrote this a year ago. Weren't those fun times!
    May 5, 2015. 07:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment