Eric Kelly

View Eric Kelly's Comments BY TICKER:

Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Can the New Oil ETP Tame Contango, The Roadblock to Commodity Futures Profits? [View article]
    great article, very well explained
    Aug 13, 2011. 09:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold Will Keep Cruising as Currencies Come Under Pressure [View article]
    As I am writing this comment, Moody's has just downgraded Ireland to "junk" status. The Euro was crushed immediately and gold surged higher. This is exactly what I was trying to convey with "Just think, one more negative headline from Standard & Poor's about the U.S. debt rating could bounce gold 75$/ounce in a day."
    Jul 12, 2011. 03:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold Will Keep Cruising as Currencies Come Under Pressure [View article]
    Thanks for the comment and the chart. If you look back to last year, there is a bottom in August 2010 after a similar consolidation period to what is happening now. Gold then proceeded to move up until December when it began to consolidate again. If you're a technical trader, you might find the similarities interesting between 2010's price action and what is happening this year. Take a look at the 150 day moving average on GLD, it should offer a great entry point for later this summer.

Happy trading
    Jul 12, 2011. 03:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold Will Keep Cruising as Currencies Come Under Pressure [View article]
    Gold can be considered a fiat currency. It's worth is based on human perception, and its industrial use is trivial because it can be replaced with other substances easily. Gold moves like a fiat currency.
    Jul 12, 2011. 03:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold Will Keep Cruising as Currencies Come Under Pressure [View article]
    Read your article, thanks it helps shed more light on subject for me. Quite honestly I really don't understand gold miners. The way I view gold is as a currency, not a commodity.
    Jul 12, 2011. 03:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Double Dip? I Think Not, Take a Look at Last Year [View article]
    YaddaMinski: interest rates will not spike at the end of QE2 or any time soon. It isn't necessary and would be detrimental to the banking system. QE2 was executed without lowering interest rates, so the obvious exit plan is to conduct open market operations (issuing bonds to reduce the extra cash in circulation). This in turn will help the Dollar appreciate. If the Fed were to let interest rates "spike" the banking system would be hit hardest because they are already operating on thin margins in their lending departments. Inevitably if banks were hit hard and released poor earnings reports the equity markets would take another large hit; also they would most likely tighten lending even further causing further damage to consumers. Interest rate manipulation is not an option until at least 2012.

CebSun: the article is meant to show that similar events occurred last summer and that the doom-and-gloom you have bought into via CNBC is just good TV. The markets are always rolling over depending on which indicator you use. Every kind of market analysis is backward looking, if you know of a predictive indicator please let me know. The bond market may be "imploding" in relation to the end of QE2 because traders know bond supply is being actively manipulated by the Fed and there is profit to be made (no I do not understand bond trading but assume that is what is going on).
    Jun 13, 2011. 02:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tracking Correlations Between Currencies and the S&P 500 [View article]
    Another great article. I have been looking at this too, FXA and SPY have 76.76% corr according to impactopia.com. I wrote a blog on a very similar subject involving oil and commodities seekingalpha.com/insta...
    May 19, 2011. 08:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Japan and Europe Forex Update [View article]
    Great blog, I am looking forward to USD strength and AUD weakness in the coming months. I wrote a blog about it this morning, let me know what you think. Thanks.
    www.hedgefundlive.com/...
    Mar 15, 2011. 12:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Monday FX Brief: Dollar Weaker as Global Risks Rise After Japanese Quake [View article]
    Hey great blog, I am convinced the AUD/USD will show more weakness in the coming months due to flood damage showing up in the numbers and now trade problems from Japan. I wrote a blog this morning on it.
    www.hedgefundlive.com/...