Eric Landis

View Eric Landis' Comments BY TICKER:
  • 18 Seeking Alpha Contributors And Commentators And Their Picks For Future Dividend Growth [View article]
    sbally4,

If this question was posed today, there would be several more options to choose from. The question was to name companies with 3%+ yields, and CMI was not yielding over 3% at the time. I agree with your thoughts on CMI though, and think it could see ~10% annual dividend growth ahead.

Some others that are just on the edge of a current 3% yield but didn't meet the requirement at the time are: MMM, FAST, UPS, BLK, NSC, TROW, and TXN. I wouldn't be surprised to see high-single digits or even double digit dividend growth from any of these.
    Sep 3, 2015. 01:16 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • These Are Future Dividend Champions, My Friends [View article]
    Mike,

Didn't you get the memo? Organic calories and sodium don't count!
    Aug 31, 2015. 11:30 PM | 11 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • These Are Future Dividend Champions, My Friends [View article]
    Mike,

Thank you for another entertaining and helpful article. There are some really good names on that list, and I agree that many will end up as Champions down the road. Thanks also for the shout-out and link to my article, I appreciate it.

Long RAI, V, SBUX, AAPL, GILD, UA and have the rest on my various watch lists!

CMG is another great name that I could see instituting a dividend in the future.
    Aug 31, 2015. 04:32 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GameStop Reports Second Quarter 2015 Results [View article]
    Looks like a nice report and the market agrees so far, stock is up about 4.5% after hours.
    Aug 27, 2015. 04:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Top 10 Industrial Stocks For Dividend Growth And Income [View article]
    hingroyield,

I'm fully invested so didn't get to participate in yesterday's madness. Patiently waiting till the end of the month for my next deposit to hit. Hoping there are still some deals to be had by then.

Best of luck with your ETN!
    Aug 25, 2015. 03:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Sold These 4 Slow-Growing REITs [View article]
    Great post Rich, I agree with your thoughts regarding Senior facilities.

Long OHI.
    Aug 20, 2015. 02:57 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A Dividend Growth Stock Portfolio For July 27, 2015 [View article]
    Just an FYI that I have updated the spreadsheet to account for the CCP spinoff from VTR: http://yhoo.it/1WHspYR

So far the portfolio value is up 1.25% while SPY is down 0.74%. Also, the projected annual dividend income for the portfolio is now $178.87 higher than when it was created due to the CCP spin-off and the announced dividend increase from HSY.
    Aug 20, 2015. 02:25 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Top 10 Industrial Stocks For Dividend Growth And Income [View article]
    hingroyield,

Congrats on getting your orders filled and good luck on your purchase!

Can be unnerving to buy on the downtrend sometimes, but locking in those higher yields is a nice feeling.
    Aug 20, 2015. 11:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Top 10 Industrial Stocks For Dividend Growth And Income [View article]
    Those Who Wait,

Thanks for the kind words, glad you enjoyed it and found it helpful in your research. I don't plan on going anywhere, so look forward to sharing more articles with you in the future. If you'd like to follow me you should get an update when my next part in the series is posted.

Best of luck in your upcoming transaction!

Eric
    Aug 19, 2015. 11:45 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Top 10 Industrial Stocks For Dividend Growth And Income [View article]
    Gagorian,

Thanks for the comment and best of luck on your new ETN position.

Another HVAC company to consider is Watsco (WSO). I've owned it since January of 2013 and it has done well for me. It is a bit pricey right now at 27X earnings but it has grown at a 20% rate since the recession and is expected to grow at about a 15% rate going forward.

The dividend "cut" in 2013 was due to them paying a large $5 per share special dividend at the end of 2012 on fears of a tax increase on dividends by congress. Since then they have aggressively increased the payouts back to above the 2012 levels.

It's a smaller company and is expensive, but figured it was worth putting on your radar anyways.
    Aug 19, 2015. 11:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Differing Outlooks On The Market [View article]
    Chowder,

Got it at $57.15 on June 11 last year. Didn't get the bottom, but I think there was still some blood laying around!
    Aug 19, 2015. 09:44 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Top 10 Industrial Stocks For Dividend Growth And Income [View article]
    Paul,

No worries regarding FAST, I really enjoy discussing things like this and getting other people's viewpoints. You blow me away with your detail and the amount of effort you put into your comment. You really should consider writing an article sometime, you would be an excellent contributor.

I've had a busy day so just getting around to checking into SA but you do bring up some excellent points and you've obviously done your homework, even more so than myself when comparing the companies as I didn't look at GWW much while doing my due diligence on FAST. I think both are excellent companies and like with KO/PEP an investor can do well with either.

In the end, I think FAST deserves to trade at a higher multiple than GWW due to the higher dividend payout and higher expected earnings growth. I prefer dividends over buybacks as cash in my pocket means more to me than a reduced share count does. Whether it deserves a 24 multiple is to be seen, but in the end I'm happy to have added it to my portfolio.

Thanks again for the discussion, you've expanded my knowledge on both companies and given me some food for thought.
    Aug 19, 2015. 12:07 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Wal-Mart lowers full-year profit guidance [View news story]
    Rose,

Sold at $83.75 here, and to think I caught some gruff for bailing when I did. I didn't expect much for dividend growth before, http://seekingalpha.co... and the outlook is even worse now as earnings continue to fall and the payout ratio grows.
    Aug 18, 2015. 10:39 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Wal-Mart lowers full-year profit guidance [View news story]
    Yeesh, another 6-7% cut to earnings guidance. There will be a price where I would be interested, but it is a ways away yet.

$65.33 is 3% yield point, and $63.70 is a 14 PE on mid-range of the new guidance. I wouldn't be surprised at all if it falls there or lower in the next month.
    Aug 18, 2015. 09:31 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Top 10 Industrial Stocks For Dividend Growth And Income [View article]
    I did some digging with my broker Schwab and it looks like they offer both S&P and M* reports for equities. I haven't used these at all in the past, but it looks like there is some good info there.

Whether or not I will go through each company to add Fair Value numbers from reports hasn't been decided, but I'm leaning against it right now. It is already a huge undertaking collecting the data I'm showing and trying to get it up to date at the time of publishing the articles is difficult with my limited time for writing and research.
    Aug 18, 2015. 12:04 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment