Eric Parnell, CFA

View Eric Parnell, CFA's Comments BY TICKER:
  • My Bet On Seeking Alpha's Future [View article]
    David - Thank you for all of your efforts in creating an outstanding online community for us all to be a part of over the past decade. I wish you and your family all of the best in the future.

Eli - Congratulations on your new position as CEO! I have appreciated all of your great work over the years in supporting the Contributor community and I look forward to Seeking Alpha's future growth and success under your leadership.
    Jul 2, 2015. 10:05 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2015 Second Half Outlook: Quadrophobia [View article]
    Thanks a lot PaulC. I appreciate your kind words in your comment.
    Jun 29, 2015. 11:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2015 Second Half Outlook: Quadrophobia [View article]
    Hi oysters - Thanks so much for your comment too! You raise some very good points here, particularly the one about Putin and Russia. They have the potential to become meaningfully disruptive to the euro experiment depending on how events play out and the moves that Russia makes in response are all worth watching in the days and weeks ahead.
    Jun 29, 2015. 11:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2015 Second Half Outlook: Quadrophobia [View article]
    Thanks andrew!
    Jun 29, 2015. 11:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2015 Second Half Outlook: Quadrophobia [View article]
    Hi DH51 - Great point. If the problem starts to move to Portugal, or if Italy or Spain start to get pulled down, then this is where a once orderly process can turn really ugly, really fast. And if it heads to France, then all bets are off.
    Jun 29, 2015. 11:31 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 2015 Second Half Outlook: Quadrophobia [View article]
    Hi Obi-Wan - I share your yearning for more market volatility. Any semblance of a return to normal would be a most welcome development. And you make some great points on Puerto Rico as well.
    Jun 29, 2015. 11:30 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 2015 Second Half Outlook: Quadrophobia [View article]
    Hello jpz11 - Excellent point. I have actually decided to break Puerto Rico out into its own article that I hope to post in the coming days. I mentioned it in the article and considered including it in the broader discussion, but I thought it warranted its own article. So thanks for raising it here, as it is just as big of a topic if not bigger.
    Jun 29, 2015. 11:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2015 Second Half Outlook: Quadrophobia [View article]
    Thanks Low Bid. I appreciate it!
    Jun 29, 2015. 11:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2015 Second Half Outlook: Quadrophobia [View article]
    Hi Moon - Thanks as always for your great comments. While I enjoy reading them all, this one was particularly good. Really excellent points that felt good from a frustration about ongoing policy standpoint to read. Thanks again.
    Jun 29, 2015. 11:27 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2015 Second Half Outlook: Quadrophobia [View article]
    Hi Due - These are all excellent additions to the fear list for the second half of 2015. And others could be added too. Dodecahedrophobia perhaps?
    Jun 29, 2015. 11:25 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2015 Second Half Outlook: Quadrophobia [View article]
    Hi Calculus - I would agree that a 90% decline is a bear market no matter how long it lasts. It is notable that while the Greece stock exchange was closed today that Global X FTSE Greece 20 ETF (GREK) was still trading today and was down nearly -20% today alone. Should be interesting once they reopen markets in Greece. Of course, it will all depend on how things play out. Thanks again.
    Jun 29, 2015. 11:23 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • What To Do As Greece Crosses The Rubicon [View article]
    Hi Belton - I like a spirited exchange in a comment section as much as anybody, but did you actually read the article or just skim it? The theme of the article is that investors should NOT be inclined to sell right now and that Greece is NOT Lehman Brothers. These points don't seem to fall into the perpetuating fear category from my view. Disagree?
    Jun 29, 2015. 04:20 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What To Do As Greece Crosses The Rubicon [View article]
    In adding to the Greece discussion, a worthwhile read from Barry Bannister at Stifel via David Kotok at Cumberland Advisors.

Jun 29, 2015. 01:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What To Do As Greece Crosses The Rubicon [View article]
    As of 12:25PM EST, the S&P 500 Index has arrived at its 150-day moving average at 2078.60. Given that this has repeatedly been reliable support over the past few years, it will be interesting to see if we see a bounce around these levels. Staying tuned.
    Jun 29, 2015. 12:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What To Do As Greece Crosses The Rubicon [View article]
    Hi Alan - Thanks so much for your excellent commentary as always. I hope you are doing well and always look forward reading your perspectives. And I completely agree that this ongoing post crisis grand monetary experiment will ultimately end badly. It is only a question of when at this point in my opinion. But I do believe that the higher this market flies, the harder it will ultimately fall. Fortunately, the marketplace now more than ever provides a wide array of tools with good liquidity to position for such an outcome when the timing starts to come together.

Great points as always. Thanks again Alan and I look forward to talking again soon.
    Jun 29, 2015. 12:20 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment