Eric Parnell, CFA

View Eric Parnell, CFA's Comments BY TICKER:
    Hello S Harding,

Thanks for your comment and Happy New Year to you too!
    Dec 31, 2014. 11:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hello Michael,

Thanks as always for your comments and for sharing your insights and perspectives. You have hit on a critically important point, as the path of the U.S. dollar will be critical in determining global equity returns in the coming year and beyond. This will be a very important factor to watch as 2015 begins to unfold.

Excellent points and Happy New Year!
    Dec 31, 2014. 11:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2015 Outlook: Pain [View article]
    Thanks Gtoz - I appreciate it!
    Dec 31, 2014. 11:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hello Michael,

Excellent comment as always. Your commentary adds tremendous value and I look forward to reading more of your great thoughts in the coming year.

Happy New Year to you and your family!
    Dec 31, 2014. 11:28 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 2015 Outlook: Pain [View article]
    Hello EyeBelieve - Thanks for your comment and I appreciate the follow. I look forward to exchanging ideas on future articles. Happy New Year!
    Dec 31, 2014. 11:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2015 Outlook: Pain [View article]
    Thanks Monkeycat - I appreciate it!
    Dec 31, 2014. 11:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2015 Outlook: Pain [View article]
    Thanks Tony! I appreciate it and Happy New Year!
    Dec 31, 2014. 11:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hi Rose,

Thanks for your comment as always. And Happy New Year to you too! I look forward to exchanging more thoughts and ideas in 2015!
    Dec 31, 2014. 11:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hello Coolbluelake,

Thanks for your comment and good points. My equity strategy has been almost exclusively U.S. focused for the last few years until very recently when I began allocating toward selected developed markets starting in mid-November. I do agree with the growth challenges that Europe faces, but the relative valuation has become increasingly attractive along the way even after factoring in these fundamental pressures. But your points are excellent and I appreciate your sharing them here.

Thanks again
    Dec 31, 2014. 11:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hello Great Swami,

Thanks for your excellent comment. In my articles on SA over the years, I have talked extensively about how deflation is the primary threat to the global economy and that it will likely persist as long as the financial system is not allowed to cleanse itself, so I agree with your point here. In fact, I have been long Treasuries for years under the same assumptions that caused you to make the bet with your friend over a year ago. But with all of that being said, I believe we have arrived at the point where the Fed is now determined to lift interest rates off of the zero bound. Whether they can get beyond the first 25 bps remains to be seen for the reasons that you have cited here.

Great points and Happy New Year!
    Dec 31, 2014. 11:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2015 Outlook: Pain [View article]
    Thanks Stephen! And Happy New Year!
    Dec 31, 2014. 11:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hello galicianova,

Thanks for your comment and great question. While I mention SPLV in my article, USMV could easily be mentioned in its place. I know Gary Gordon is an advocate of USMV and the expense ratio at 0.15% is also attractive. So you are right that USMV merits discussion in the same context.

Great point and thanks again.
    Dec 31, 2014. 11:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hello dancing diva,

Thanks as always for your comment and I hope that you are doing well. Your points are excellent and thoughtful as always. And it will be interesting to see how everything plays out.

Happy New Year!
    Dec 31, 2014. 11:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hello Buyandhold 2012,

Thanks as always for your comment and for sharing your discipline on the markets. I agree as always with your perspective that corrections are great opportunities to buy the assets that we want at discounted prices. Everyone should love a good sale when it happens, and the stock market is no exception. And I too look forward to the next time when high quality assets are trading at deep discounts and attractive prices.

Happy New Year!
    Dec 31, 2014. 11:07 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 2015 Outlook: Pain [View article]
    Thanks DH51! Happy New Year!
    Dec 31, 2014. 11:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment