Eric Parnell, CFA

View Eric Parnell, CFA's Comments BY TICKER:
  • 2015 Outlook: Pain [View article]
    Hello CapeCapMgmt - Thanks for your very thoughtful comment. I appreciate it and Happy New Year to you and your family too!
    Dec 31, 2014. 11:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hello ceristeare,

Thanks for your comment and your kind words on my article. And thanks also for a number of good points across the equity size spectrum. I appreciate it.
    Dec 31, 2014. 11:03 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 2015 Outlook: Pain [View article]
    Thanks solmar - I appreciate it! And thanks for your thoughts on the Rocky angle too, as I know it's not for everyone. Happy New Year!
    Dec 31, 2014. 11:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hello Speetzman,

Thanks for your comment. And I think you have hit on what represents the greatest downside risk for those that are positioned for the stock market going down. For just when it looks like the market is ready to break to the downside, all it can take is a comment from a Fed official to send the market quickly reversing higher. And I think you are right that we will see quite a bit of this in 2015.

Thanks again
    Dec 31, 2014. 11:00 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Hello ConservativeOutperformer,

Thanks for your comment and great point on individual security selection, as I think this will be a particularly important driver of performance in 2015.

Great points and thanks again!
    Dec 31, 2014. 10:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2015 Outlook: Pain [View article]
    Hello Jesse - Thanks for your comment and I hope that you are doing well! I appreciated your message as well and I look forward to continuing to stay in contact. Happy New Year and I'll talk to you soon!
    Dec 31, 2014. 10:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hello Adam,

Thanks for your comment and great points. I've enjoyed reading your articles on SA and look forward to your future contributions in the coming year. Happy New Year and thanks again!
    Dec 31, 2014. 10:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2015 Outlook: Pain [View article]
    Thanks Mike - I appreciate it!
    Dec 31, 2014. 10:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hello Kevin,

Thanks for your comment and for raising a very good point on Canada. I've long been attracted to investing in Canada, as I've particularly favored the Canadian banks over the years. But I currently have a zero allocation to Canada right now for reasons cited in an article I wrote back in early November. With that said, I expect that I will find myself back with an allocation to Canada at some point in the future, and many of the points that you've raised here are definitely worth consideration in this regard.

Thanks again and Happy New Year!
    Dec 31, 2014. 10:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hello Paul,

Thanks for your comment and for raising a very interesting question. I would have to explore this further and delve into the specific data, but I would expect that any related effects from M&A would either be neutralized or would not be sufficiently large to skew the data. But I will explore this further to see if such effects might exist.

Thanks again and Happy New Year!
    Dec 31, 2014. 10:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2015 Outlook: Pain [View article]
    Thanks Ginny. I appreciate it and hope that you are doing well. Happy New Year!
    Dec 31, 2014. 11:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hello Seriouspatt,

Thanks for your comment and this is a key point. The fact that the ECB is trying to engage QE (whether Draghi will be able to pull it off and to what magnitude remains to be seen) while the U.S. is preparing to tighten gives an advantage to Europe, particularly given that relative valuations have become more attractive in Europe relative to the U.S.

Outstanding point. Thanks again!
    Dec 31, 2014. 11:30 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hello Ben,

Thanks for your comment. I appreciate it. And I'm not sure about the US markets tanking either, as I also contend the potential exists for market to advance in 2015. But I do think that we will see increased volatility along the way with a greater probability for a decline than we have seen in the past.

Thanks again and Happy New Year!
    Dec 31, 2014. 11:28 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hello yestoeverything -

Thanks for your comment and for raising a very good question. I'm not betting for the Generals. Instead, I'm betting that the Globetrotters will struggle to win by the huge margins that they have been over the last several years because the refs might actually start making some substantive calls against Meadowlark Lemon and his teammates, thus the team has to get down to business and play some real basketball where teams win and lose every night. And as a fan of the Philadelphia 76ers, sometimes you have to lose a lot to put your team in position for the next championship run.

And while I agree it is a market of stocks, these stocks come from all around the world and are joined by an even larger market of bonds along with a variety of other asset classes that can add true value regardless of what the S&P 500 Index is doing at any given point in time.

Great question and thanks again.
    Dec 31, 2014. 11:26 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2015 Outlook: Pain [View article]
    Thanks rheimerl - I appreciate it!
    Dec 31, 2014. 11:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment