Eric Parnell, CFA

View Eric Parnell, CFA's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Making Sense Of The China Stock Roller Coaster [View article]
    Hi tallguyz - Thanks for your comment. And I agree completely that the China stock market is best avoided for the reasons that you've mentioned here. Excellent points.
    Jul 29, 2015. 09:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Making Sense Of The China Stock Roller Coaster [View article]
    Hi erics3200 - Thanks a lot. I agree that the China stock market is far too volatile and difficult to gain the necessary access to make it worthwhile. It will remain interesting to watch to see how it progresses from here.

Thanks again!
    Jul 29, 2015. 09:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Making Sense Of The China Stock Roller Coaster [View article]
    Hi Cologero - Thanks for your comment - I appreciate it!
    Jul 29, 2015. 09:51 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Industrials: How Market Illness Spreads [View article]
    Tack - Thanks so much for your reply and for sharing the details of your current thinking. This is a brilliant comment with so many things well said.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply. I appreciate it.
    Jul 28, 2015. 10:37 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Industrials: How Market Illness Spreads [View article]
    Hi dieuwer - Excellent point and thanks for mentioning it. A topic that I am exploring as I move forward in my travels through the sector is comparing the impact we are seeing in the mid-cap and small cap industrial space relative to the large caps to assess the impact of the strong dollar. Great point!
    Jul 28, 2015. 10:44 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Industrials: How Market Illness Spreads [View article]
    Hi Alan - Great points. Thanks for your comment.
    Jul 28, 2015. 10:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Industrials: How Market Illness Spreads [View article]
    Hi kgerickson - Thanks a lot and great points. I have been worried about U.S. investor complacency for some time. I hope those that can least afford a prolonged loss of principal value are prepared for any potential downside scenarios. Thanks again for your comment.
    Jul 28, 2015. 10:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Industrials: How Market Illness Spreads [View article]
    Hi Tack - Thanks as always for your commentary. I always enjoy reading your perspectives. Out of curiosity, what is your current view on the market outlook? I know you have been generally bullish on the market for some time. Do you maintain this view or are you seeing other risk levels rising beyond the good points that you've made here?

Thanks again.
    Jul 28, 2015. 10:28 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Industrials: How Market Illness Spreads [View article]
    Hi tallguyz - Thanks for your comment and your kind words on my articles. I appreciate it. While the market remains resilient including its recent hold of support at its 200-day moving average yesterday, I agree that the pressure is building. It will be interesting to see how things play out as we enter the key months of August through October.

Thanks again!
    Jul 28, 2015. 10:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Industrials: How Market Illness Spreads [View article]
    Hi luckylalo,

Thanks for your comment and particularly good points on the high quality names that have pulled back in the industrial complex. To your point, I am particularly interested in what is currently unfolding with EMR. I go way back with Emerson, as it was one of the first stocks that I ever owned, and I hold the company in high regard. Certainly it is going through a tough operating stretch right now given the issues with oil and China, but such pullbacks can provide the ideal buying opportunities to establish dedicated long-term positions. While it is not yet near my price target, at this rate it is making good progress toward it.

Great points and thanks again.
    Jul 28, 2015. 09:55 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • European Disunion, Part II: Anti-Austerity Strikes Back [View article]
    Hi Alan,

Thanks so much for your comment. I hope you're doing well.

Thanks again and I look forward to talking again soon.

Eric
    Jul 28, 2015. 09:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Crisis Watch - Where Lightning Could Strike Next [View article]
    Hi Thomas - Thanks for your comment here as well as on my other recent articles. I haven't had the opportunity to reply to comments on my recent articles over the last few days, but I have read them all and have appreciated all of your great thoughts and perspectives that you've shared over the past few days. And I think you make a number of excellent points on the technical side of the market. It is setting up to be a very interesting week ahead!

Thanks again!
    Jul 25, 2015. 09:13 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Crisis Watch - Where Lightning Could Strike Next [View article]
    Hi klgmdc - I think you have the right perspective on all of this. Patience will be rewarded in the end. Great points.
    Jul 25, 2015. 09:11 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Crisis Watch - Where Lightning Could Strike Next [View article]
    Hello Moon - Great points as always. Always enjoy reading your commentary on SA. And you make a particularly important distinction here that I plan on expanding on in a future article, which is that a bear market decline of -20% to -40% is not the same thing as crisis, although many in the market place including policy makers are likely to see any and all corrections as the outbreak of crisis and panic, which is only serving to distort things even more. Markets must be allowed to go down from time to time so that they can cleanse and clear. Unfortunately, policy makers have lost sight of this fact and the media doesn't do any favors in this regard either.

Great points as always. Thanks again.
    Jul 25, 2015. 09:11 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Crisis Watch - Where Lightning Could Strike Next [View article]
    Hi dunnhaupt,

Thanks for your comment and for raising a good point. I'm not necessarily advocating owning any of the major banks. I'm OK with owning the preferreds because of the implied security of government bailout at all cost, but am less enthused about the TBTF bank stocks. Thanks for providing the opportunity to clarify.
    Jul 25, 2015. 09:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment