Eric Parnell, CFA

View Eric Parnell, CFA's Comments BY TICKER:
  • This Is When The Bear Growls [View article]
    Hello mkemac - Thanks for your comment. I appreciate it!
    Jun 20 09:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • This Is When The Bear Growls [View article]
    Hello bd4uandu,

Thanks as always for your comments. And the points you are making here is both humorous but also a bit troubling given that we are seeing unusual trends like the ones that you mentioned actually cropping up in the market over the last few years (the Tuesday thing is actually been a trend). Unfortunately, it is a sign of how distorted things have become.

Great comment. Thanks again.
    Jun 20 09:35 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • This Is When The Bear Growls [View article]
    Hello SanDiegoNonSurfer,

Thanks for your comment and for your thoughts. Out of curiosity, what has you targeting mid September?

Thanks again
    Jun 20 09:32 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • This Is When The Bear Growls [View article]
    Hello Interesting Times,

Thanks for your many comments on my article today. I plan on getting over to your blog to join in on the discussion some time this weekend.

Thanks again!
    Jun 20 09:32 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Welcome To The Machine [View article]
    Thanks Delaware Dog!
    Jun 19 06:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Welcome To The Machine [View article]
    Hello OnlineStockTrading,

Thanks for your comment. And I agree with your points that technology is having a large and growing impact on investing both on the hardware and software sides. Great points.

Thanks again.
    Jun 19 06:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Welcome To The Machine [View article]
    Hello FadeToBlack - Thanks for your comment. I appreciate it!
    Jun 19 06:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • War Will Not Deter This Market [View article]
    Hi Brian,

Thanks for your comment - I hope that you are doing well!

I enjoyed reading your comment here and look forward to talking to you more about it among other things. Thanks again and I'll talk to you soon!

Eric
    Jun 18 01:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • War Will Not Deter This Market [View article]
    Hello DivDiver,

Thanks for your comment and I think your current approach to the market makes a great deal of sense. Despite the fact that the market is trading at all time highs, some good values and attractive entry points in high quality names have presented themselves along the way. And recent history has shown that owning these higher quality names provides a level of protection at least at the early stages of a new bear market phase.

Thanks again.
    Jun 18 01:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • War Will Not Deter This Market [View article]
    Hello Shoemouse,

Thanks for your comments on my articles. I have enjoyed reading your thoughts and perspectives along with the very interesting color and context that you bring to your commentary. Really great work!

Thanks again!
    Jun 18 01:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Dark Horse Stocks For The Next Bear Market [View article]
    Hello H. Elderman,

Thanks for your comment, which highlights an important point that I mentioned in my article. Just because these companies held up well during the past two bear markets does not necessarily mean that they will do so again the next time around. To your point, each bear market is defined by its own unique set of circumstances.

Great points. Thanks again.
    Jun 18 01:07 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Dark Horse Stocks For The Next Bear Market [View article]
    Hello blasted,

Thanks for your comment. And NI has certainly been an exceptional performer over the last 18 months, so I'm glad that you have been able to participate in the upside.

Thanks again.
    Jun 18 01:06 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Dark Horse Stocks For The Next Bear Market [View article]
    Hello Momintn,

Thanks for your comment and I believe your thinking at this stage of the market cycle makes reasonable sense. With markets at all-time highs, investors should not feel compelled to rush into stocks just because they seem like they will never stop rising. So I think your inclination toward caution is very sound. And as long as you can purchase assets that you might like to own at a lower price in the near-term future, even if its not the entire market but only selected selected names or categories across capital markets, than holding cash at least for now is a better deal on a relative basis.

Great points. Thanks again.
    Jun 18 01:04 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Dark Horse Stocks For The Next Bear Market [View article]
    Hello Family Investor,

Thanks as always for your comment and great work on Twitter @faminvestor.

Hope you are doing well.
    Jun 18 01:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Dark Horse Stocks For The Next Bear Market [View article]
    Hello ningis,

Thanks for your comment and your very kind words on my articles. I genuinely appreciate it.

Thanks again!