Eric Parnell, CFA

View Eric Parnell, CFA's Comments BY TICKER:
    Hello dancing diva,

Thanks as always for your comment and I hope that you are doing well. Your points are excellent and thoughtful as always. And it will be interesting to see how everything plays out.

Happy New Year!
    Dec 31, 2014. 11:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hello Buyandhold 2012,

Thanks as always for your comment and for sharing your discipline on the markets. I agree as always with your perspective that corrections are great opportunities to buy the assets that we want at discounted prices. Everyone should love a good sale when it happens, and the stock market is no exception. And I too look forward to the next time when high quality assets are trading at deep discounts and attractive prices.

Happy New Year!
    Dec 31, 2014. 11:07 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 2015 Outlook: Pain [View article]
    Thanks DH51! Happy New Year!
    Dec 31, 2014. 11:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2015 Outlook: Pain [View article]
    Hello CapeCapMgmt - Thanks for your very thoughtful comment. I appreciate it and Happy New Year to you and your family too!
    Dec 31, 2014. 11:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hello ceristeare,

Thanks for your comment and your kind words on my article. And thanks also for a number of good points across the equity size spectrum. I appreciate it.
    Dec 31, 2014. 11:03 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 2015 Outlook: Pain [View article]
    Thanks solmar - I appreciate it! And thanks for your thoughts on the Rocky angle too, as I know it's not for everyone. Happy New Year!
    Dec 31, 2014. 11:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hello Speetzman,

Thanks for your comment. And I think you have hit on what represents the greatest downside risk for those that are positioned for the stock market going down. For just when it looks like the market is ready to break to the downside, all it can take is a comment from a Fed official to send the market quickly reversing higher. And I think you are right that we will see quite a bit of this in 2015.

Thanks again
    Dec 31, 2014. 11:00 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Hello ConservativeOutperformer,

Thanks for your comment and great point on individual security selection, as I think this will be a particularly important driver of performance in 2015.

Great points and thanks again!
    Dec 31, 2014. 10:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2015 Outlook: Pain [View article]
    Hello Jesse - Thanks for your comment and I hope that you are doing well! I appreciated your message as well and I look forward to continuing to stay in contact. Happy New Year and I'll talk to you soon!
    Dec 31, 2014. 10:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hello Adam,

Thanks for your comment and great points. I've enjoyed reading your articles on SA and look forward to your future contributions in the coming year. Happy New Year and thanks again!
    Dec 31, 2014. 10:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2015 Outlook: Pain [View article]
    Thanks Mike - I appreciate it!
    Dec 31, 2014. 10:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hello Kevin,

Thanks for your comment and for raising a very good point on Canada. I've long been attracted to investing in Canada, as I've particularly favored the Canadian banks over the years. But I currently have a zero allocation to Canada right now for reasons cited in an article I wrote back in early November. With that said, I expect that I will find myself back with an allocation to Canada at some point in the future, and many of the points that you've raised here are definitely worth consideration in this regard.

Thanks again and Happy New Year!
    Dec 31, 2014. 10:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hello Paul,

Thanks for your comment and for raising a very interesting question. I would have to explore this further and delve into the specific data, but I would expect that any related effects from M&A would either be neutralized or would not be sufficiently large to skew the data. But I will explore this further to see if such effects might exist.

Thanks again and Happy New Year!
    Dec 31, 2014. 10:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2015 Outlook: Pain [View article]
    Thanks Ginny. I appreciate it and hope that you are doing well. Happy New Year!
    Dec 31, 2014. 11:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hello Seriouspatt,

Thanks for your comment and this is a key point. The fact that the ECB is trying to engage QE (whether Draghi will be able to pull it off and to what magnitude remains to be seen) while the U.S. is preparing to tighten gives an advantage to Europe, particularly given that relative valuations have become more attractive in Europe relative to the U.S.

Outstanding point. Thanks again!
    Dec 31, 2014. 11:30 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment