Eric Parnell

View Eric Parnell's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Why Aren't The Dividend Aristocrats And Dividend Champions The Same? [View article]
    David,

This is an excellent article. Thanks for a great and informative analysis on the Dividend Aristocrats versus the Dividend Champions. I also appreciated the mention in your article as well as you sharing your thoughts and perspectives on some of my recent posts.

Thanks again David. I appreciate it and look forward to reading your future articles!
    Mar 30 11:15 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Requiem For Fallen Dividend Aristocrats [View article]
    Hello Rose,

Thanks for your comment and for sharing your personal perspectives on dividend growth stocks. You also make an excellent point on the importance of due diligence. And I could not agree more about the sharing of view points and the quality of the commentary on SA. It is in the comment section of articles where some of the best ideas are explored and discussed by a wide number of outstanding commenters.

Thanks again!
    Mar 30 11:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Requiem For Fallen Dividend Aristocrats [View article]
    Hello hjtheuns,

Thank you for your comment and for your kind words. I genuinely appreciate it and have enjoyed reading your commentary on my recent articles. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and perspectives.

As for your suggestion about a potential third article, we are absolutely thinking on the same wavelength, as I am currently in the process of exploring this point in detail and hope to have an update in the coming days. Great point!

Thanks again for your comment. I appreciate it.
    Mar 30 11:05 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Requiem For Fallen Dividend Aristocrats [View article]
    Hello colodude - Thanks for your comment and I'm glad that you found this information useful. Thanks again!
    Mar 30 11:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Requiem For Fallen Dividend Aristocrats [View article]
    Hello 8566031,

Thanks for your comment and the points you've made here are important and well said. For if a dividend growth company cannot maintain underlying earnings growth into the future, their ability to continue increasing their dividend can quickly become compromised. Great point.

Thanks again
    Mar 30 11:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Requiem For Fallen Dividend Aristocrats [View article]
    Hello c5966,

Thanks for your comment and for adding this interesting point on the Graham Number. Thanks for sharing this perspective. And I think your inclination to focus on undervalued dividend growth stocks is particularly prudent in the current environment.

Thanks again.
    Mar 30 10:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Requiem For Fallen Dividend Aristocrats [View article]
    Hello maybenot,

Thanks for your comment on my follow up article. I appreciate it!

For readers that are interested, I have included a link to my previous related article entitled "Rising Risks For Dividend Growth Investors" in interested.

Thanks again!
    Mar 30 01:30 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rising Risks For Dividend Growth Investors [View article]
    Thanks to all who have commented on my article. I have read all of your comments and genuinely appreciate all of your thoughts and perspectives. I will be checking back soon to follow up with a variety of replies to individual comments, but wanted to express my thanks in the meantime. As I always say, some of best information on SA comes from the commenters on articles, and the points that many have made here are outstanding as always. Thanks again!
    Mar 30 01:27 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rising Risks For Dividend Growth Investors [View article]
    Hello all,

Thanks for your comments on this portion of the thread. Following up on my earlier comment, I just submitted an article on this very topic that is now available on SA.

Thanks again for your thoughts and comments. I appreciate it.
    Mar 30 01:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rising Risks For Dividend Growth Investors [View article]
    Hello Gratian,

Thanks so much for your comment and your kind words on my article. I genuinely appreciate it and hope that you are doing well. Thanks again!
    Mar 30 01:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rising Risks For Dividend Growth Investors [View article]
    Hi Doug - Thanks for your reply. I appreciate it very much! I also enjoyed reading your recent article on buying dips in dividend growth stocks.

Thanks again and I look forward to reading your future articles on SA!
    Mar 30 01:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rising Risks For Dividend Growth Investors [View article]
    Hello Jeremy - You make a good point here, as I believe many dividend growth stocks will continue to hold up fairly well even if we enter into the early stages of a stock market correction. Eventually they would succumb to the downside, but historically they hold up well initially. Thanks for making a good point here.
    Mar 30 01:13 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Rising Risks For Dividend Growth Investors [View article]
    Hello Ray,

Thanks for your comment and for sharing your thoughts and experience with MLPs. This is an asset class that certainly has its pros and cons, particularly in the current environment. There are a number of MLPs that I like a great deal, but one of the concerns that I have about the MLP space is that a fair number of new companies have entered the MLP space that are not ideally suited for this business structure in order to try and capitalize on investor demand. As a result, I worry about the longer term consequences on the sector from these developments, particularly once interest rates start to rise. It will be interesting to see, but I agree that there are a number of MLPs that are very good firms. Out of curiosity, which in particular are your most favored in your portfolio?

Thanks again Ray. I appreciate your comment on my article.
    Mar 29 09:30 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Rising Risks For Dividend Growth Investors [View article]
    Hello Larry,

Thanks for your comment and you raise a particularly important point that I've been focusing on as a potential follow up article on this topic. As I talked about with a reader in an interesting e-mail exchange about this article, it is notable that 14 stocks have fallen out of Aristocrat status since 2010, which is essentially a turnover of 25% of the entire group. So to your point, dividend growth is not guaranteed and it is worthwhile to explore how those that have fallen out of the group have fared over the years.

Great point. Thanks again.
    Mar 29 09:25 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rising Risks For Dividend Growth Investors [View article]
    Hello David,

Thanks for your comment and I share your concerns about the ability of the economy and earnings to accelerate to fill the valuation gap that has been created under the broader market in general and some of the dividend growth names in particular. Great point. Thanks again.
    Mar 29 08:18 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment