Eric Rodawig

View Eric Rodawig's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Malaysian Airliner Disappearance Highlights The Need For Aireon's Satellite Air Traffic System [View article]
    Really great point, thanks for the article. I'm planning on holding IRDM for a several years while everything gets off of the ground.
    Mar 13 03:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • I Wouldn't Bet On Frac Sand Going Parabolic [View article]
    I think sand pricing has steadily ticked upwards, though contribution margin has been strained due to the lower margins on 100 mesh. I think parabolic is a little overkill, though the author also used that term in his previous article.
    Mar 9 05:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Market-Beating Fund: Why Capital One's Our No. 1 [View article]
    The article doesn't compare COF to V/MA, with the exception of saying their earnings growth has been lower. The article compares COF to banks. Did you read past the first sentence?
    Feb 18 05:57 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Veeva Systems: Digging Deeper Into The Madness [View article]
    I'm really sick of people telling Ashraf to cover Intel less. If you don't want high-quality, in-depth research and coverage of stocks, what are you doing reading Seeking Alpha?
    Jan 4 10:47 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Short Thesis For Activision Blizzard [View article]
    How has the D3 RMAH failed? I don't really have any data on that actually as I've been recently really only looking at the stock for the Vivendi transaction (http://seekingalpha.co...)
    Oct 16 10:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Short Thesis For Activision Blizzard [View article]
    I don't think LoL is a good comp for in-game sales for Titan as there's really not much to buy in LoL; it's a game that's a refresh of DotA that was created as F2P ~10 years ago. I'm sure ATVI will figure out how to make Titan a revenue driver, and perhaps the reason they scrapped what they had been working on is they realized it would be difficult to monetize vs. WoW 10 years ago.

Also, Bobby essentially cashed out in the Blizzard merger and is coming back in in a big way now, so that means something as well. Sure the future is uncertain but he knows much more than we do.
    Oct 14 07:32 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Keep This In Mind When Arbitraging Caesars' Capital Structure [View article]
    CZR could bankrupt the OpCo, but most of the debt there has parent guarantees, so the publicly traded entity would still be on the hook.
    Oct 13 07:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • McDonald's: A Disappointing Dividend Increase [View article]
    How is that chart showing an 8% FCF yield? MCD has had ~$4b of FCF recently and ~$5b returned to shareholders through buybacks and dividends. On a $95b-$100b market cap, that's not close to 8%.
    Sep 19 06:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Murphy USA: A Low-Priced, Under-Followed Spin-Off With 45% Upside Potential [View article]
    thanks for writing this article. I've followed CASY for a long time but it's been quite expensive. do you have any comment on MUSA's fuel GPM of ~4% vs. CASY's ~5% given that MUSA is indicating that they're the low-cost leader? (I realize CASY wasn't in that comp chart)
    Sep 11 12:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Buyback Program: Value Destroying And Value Retaining [View article]
    Companies aren't allowed to do that w/out adverse tax penalties as it's considered a de facto repatriation. Typically U.S. loans can only be secured w/ 65% of the stock of a foreign subsidiary.
    Aug 21 11:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intelsat: Evolution Of Capital Structure Presents Opportunity For Preferred Equity [View article]
    Intelsat is a great company, though the value is obviously highly dependent on long-term FCF projections subject to a lot of guessing.
    Aug 14 02:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sell The News On Activision Blizzard [View article]
    Good points, and why I also sold calls as part of my play on the (then upcoming) transaction. Bobby, tencent, and some other groups ponied up for this as well, though, so they must have confidence in the product pipeline.
    Aug 4 05:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Keep This In Mind When Arbitraging Caesars' Capital Structure [View article]
    I'm about a week away from buying some more bonds, so I'm happy with that. Stock fell but recovered; it hasn't really gone up I guess.
    Jul 29 06:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An Undercover Media Conglomerate And 6.5% Yielder With Catalysts [View article]
    Though the both own other businesses, Bouygues and Orange are trading <4x EV/EBITDA. European incumbent telcos have been trading around 5x, which would be an unrealistic multiple for any operator in the French market.
    Jul 27 08:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    While they both own other businesses, both Bouygues and Orange are trading <4.0x EV/EBITDA.
    Jul 27 08:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment