Berkshire Hathaway Valuation For 2014
- BNSF is a big reason why intrinsic value is higher than book value.
- Operating businesses are becoming more important.
- Much of the investment equity is concentrated in a small number of stocks.
Some Risks For Union Pacific And Burlington Northern
- Both companies rely on a small number of suppliers for locomotives and steel rail.
- The companies face competitive risks from each other and the shipping/trucking industries.
- West Coast ports have risks including substitutes like the Panama Canal.
BNSF And Union Pacific Have Intermodal Advantages
- Lines from the West Coast to Chicago are key.
- The Southern California Ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach are #1 and #2.
- Rail can be less expensive than trucking over long distances.
Exxon Mobil Has A Higher Return On Capital Than Competitors
- Exxon Mobil consistently outperforms competitors with respect to returns on capital.
- Returns are high even when using the Chevron/Shell definitions.
- Exxon Mobil talks the talk and walks the walk.
- PepsiCo Has Dominant Snack Brands
- Berkshire Hathaway Valuation
- Analysis Of Union Pacific And Burlington Northern
- Should Microsoft Drop Bing?
- Berkshire Hathaway's Hybrid Investments Are A Competitive Advantage
- Coca-Cola Has A Bigger Distribution System And Higher Margins Than Competitors
- Berkshire Hathaway Intrinsic Value Pie Chart
- Coca-Cola 10 Years Ago And Today
- Intrinsic Value Examples From Charlie Munger
- McDonald's Has Higher Net Profit Margins Than Competitors
- Berkshire Hathaway Looks Undervalued Based On Its Subsidiaries And Investments
- Calculating Returns On Equity, Beginning Equity, Investment, Invested Capital And Assets
Calculating Free Cash Flow: Identifying Methods Used By Mainstream Sites
Dec. 5, 2012 • Comment!
- Reading 13F Filings: Berkshire Hathaway's Big Change With Johnson & Johnson