Protalex Aiming At Rheumatoid Arthritis Market With A Much Cheaper Price Tag
- The top 3 bestselling drugs in 2013 were Abbvie's Humira, Amgen's Enbrel, and Johnson & Johnson's Remicade, all for rheumatoid arthritis [RA].
- Many companies have tried to compete with the Big Three in the RA market, but only one has made it to blockbuster status.
- Other RA drugs have failed to directly compete with the Big Three mainly because they are second-line therapies.
- Protalex has an RA candidate, PRTX-100, with similar efficacy results to the Big Three so far that is estimated at 100x cheaper, with a chance of breaking into first-line.
- Phase 2 results some time in 2015 will determine which way the stock moves.
Blue Line In Focus As Colorado Court Could Force Feds' Hand On Pot
- Colorado's marijuana taxes are being challenged in federal court on grounds of the 5th Amendment. Paying pot taxes would be equivalent to admitting possession, a Federal crime.
- So far, the court has upheld the taxes, which in itself gives federal sanction to pot companies. If the taxes are legal, so is the product.
- If marijuana taxes are overturned, Colorado and Washington will be tax-free recreational pot havens, forcing Congress to perhaps fully legalize in order to reinstate them.
- Either way, cannabusiness and its associated pot stocks benefit.
- Blue Line Protection Group is in focus here, which provides security for the legal cannabis industry in Colorado, Washington, and Nevada.
Blue Line Protection Group: The Solution To Legal Marijuana Banking Woes
- The recreational cannabis industry in Colorado and Washington, and the medical cannabis industry in other states are in desperate need of banking solutions.
- Because marijuana occupies a sort of legal/illegal purgatory between federal and state law, most banks won't accept cannabis companies as clients, which means they operate all in cash.
- The fact that cannabis is legal in some states but not in others makes companies operating in the legalized territory prime targets for thieves looking to export to illegal areas.
- Blue Line Protection Group is the largest publicly traded security and compliance company serving the legal cannabis industry, with 53 clients in Colorado and Nevada, and more on the way.
- Wall Street Back To Basics
- OncoSec Looking For A Rich Uncle
- How Trius Will Undercut Pfizer's Zyvox In The Battle Against MRSA
- Fish Oil Approach To Neurological Treatment: Neuralstem Vs. Forest Labs And Acorda
- Facebook, Futurama And Mobivity; A Lesson In Mobile Marketing
- Merck Gives InSite A Gift; What Does It Mean?
- Pharmaceuticals: Being Lean While The Markets Are Mean
- Profiting With Prolor During Market Turbulence
- NovaBay: Biotech, Pharma, And Profiting On FDA Induced Jumps
- For Telecom, The Money Is In The Hardware