Independent Investment Advisor 20+ years as Hedge Fund Trader/Analyst Convertibles Arbitrage Index Arbitrage and Enhancement
Wall Street Breakfast, Seeking Alpha's flagship daily business news summary, is a one-page summary that gives you a rapid overview of the day's key financial news. It's designed for easy readability on the site or by email (including on mobile devices), and is published before 7:00 AM ET every market day.
Wall Street Breakfast readership of over 900,000 includes many from the investment-banking and fund-management industries.
Sign up here to receive the Wall Street Breakfast in your inbox every business day: http://seekingalpha.com/account/email_preferences
I am both a short term trader and a long term investor involved in the Forex market and stocks.
Approximately 70% of my portfolio is on long term investment vehicles like stocks, while the remaining 30% is in Forex, CFDs and Binary Options, 10% each.
As such am both long/short equity in most cases, but my disclosures are usually based on the long-term holdings.
Therefore, sometimes when I say I have no position held in a particular stock, that does not mean that I won't be trading it via CFDs if available within the next few days.
Harry Long is the inventor of Hedged Contango Capture and Hedged Convexity Capture and is the Managing Partner of ZOMMA, the world's most innovative strategy index creator.
Mr. Long is a globally recognized expert on the research and development of quantitative investment strategies. The ZOMMA IP portfolio of strategy indices is sought after by asset management firms, investment banks, hedge funds, principal trading organizations, index providers, ETP sponsors, and private equity firms to help them develop and deploy active manager-crushing quantitative investment strategies.
ZOMMA helps investors create long term value by replacing reckless emotional decision making with cutting-edge technology based upon objective evidence.
Mr. Long is a graduate of Rice University with a B.A. in Economics.
Note: Due to the sheer number of requests for bespoke quant strategies, research projects, and quant consulting services, we have instituted the following pricing for the non-exclusive licensing of our algorithms to institutions:
I. Exclusive commercial licenses for unique bespoke algorithms run six figures and up.
II. Non-exclusive AUM licensing fees for our strategy indices have negotiable fee schedules.
Please realize that we often get more than 3,000 e-mails per week. This means that we read everything that comes in, but we cannot respond to any email or message that does not include the sender's full name, phone number, request, and budget. Thank you for your understanding.
This Dubai-like pricing is necessary, because we can't freely give answers to tough problems which we have dedicated massive R&D capital to solving. World-class statistical talent is hugely expensive, valuable, and rare. Our clients recognize that outsourcing quant work to our firm and paying our fees represent a huge cost savings over hiring full time employees, and usually results in a far more profitable, turn-key solution.
I am a semi-retired investor mainly trading equities & bonds. Most of my career was spent as an investment analyst in the front office of a private banking house In Geneva. Prior to that I worked for the Emerging Markets desk of a major banking house in London. Now that I'm retired, I write mainly about my lifelong interest, which is science and biology. I now live in Cyprus, on the periphery of the EU taking up the financial chaos from all sides.
TheStreetSweeper recently named Sonya Colberg as Senior Editor. About five years ago, she became senior investigative reporter of TheStreetSweeper, a website devoted to exposing fraud, shenanigans and lousy business practices of public companies. Sonya had worked more than two decades as an editor and reporter for two major newspapers, including the recent Warren Buffett acquisition, Tulsa World. Among others, the Associated Press, Great Plains Journalism Awards, The Gerald Loeb Awards and the Society of Professional Journalists have recognized Sonya’s investigative, feature, health, news and business stories. A fearless investigative reporter, Sonya loves nothing better than calling out the shysters and bumblers who quietly work to separate investors from their hard-earned money.
Contact TheStreetSweeper at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hilltop Warrior has been an investor/speculator for three decades. He writes about and trades options on the broad market, gold and silver, commodities and fixed income products and once in a while will take a stab at purchasing the odd small cap.
He spent several years as a broker at a major Canadian Brokerage before coming to his senses and realizing he ain't no salesman.