Erich Sauer

View Erich Sauer's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Ralcorp Spin-Off Could Post Big Gains [View article]
    I've seen news that S&P will be adding Post to the Mid Cap 400 index, of which Ralcorp is already a member, so unfortunately, no forced selling there.
    Feb 6 11:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Deeper Look Into Annaly And Chimera [View article]
    Thanks for the positive feedback. I will definitely consider those as topics for future articles.
    Jan 26 12:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Keep A Long-Term View On Philip Morris [View article]
    Thanks for the positive comments everyone! Much appreciated.
    Jan 23 10:28 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Making The Value Case For Microsoft [View article]
    I did have to chuckle to myself when I was filling out the disclosure form. The research for this article was really the first close look I have taken at msft. I might look to open a position the next time the market takes a swing down.
    Nov 30 11:48 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Philip Morris International: Strong Growth And Stellar Yield [View article]
    I plan to hold my shares and continue reinvesting dividends (that answer probably won't change for 30-40 years), but will likely wait for a pullback before making any additional purchases.

Frank, thanks for the excellent article.
    Nov 29 10:05 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Philip Morris: Dividend Income With Excellent Growth Potential [View article]
    I actually considered that fact long and hard before buying the stock, and again before writing the article. I don't smoke, don't think anyone should smoke, and actively encourage smokers I do know to quit. But the fact remains that people smoke, and tobacco companies are highly profitable. I wrote the article solely on the investment merits of the company, and will leave the moral decisions to individual investors to make.
    Nov 14 12:05 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Philip Morris: Dividend Income With Excellent Growth Potential [View article]
    I very much appreciate the positive feedback, and I'm glad you liked the article!
    Nov 14 11:56 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Philip Morris: Dividend Income With Excellent Growth Potential [View article]
    I think your comments are right on the money. Investors outside the US definitely want to keep the fact that PM is an 80/20 company in mind. Your article on the subject does a great job of explaining it.
    Nov 14 10:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ITT Spin-Off Could Create Buying Opportunity [View article]
    That is essentially the scenario I tried to outline in the article. The 1993 study I referenced found that stocks of spinoffs were more volatile than the market in their first three months of trading. In Joel Greenblatt's excellent book on special situation investing, "You Can Be a Stock Market Genius" he mentions that sometimes the initial selling pressure I outlined above can take a year to subside. What I recommend, if you are interested in any of the stocks of these new companies, is keeping a close eye on the stock and using the volatility to your advantage. I'm not talking about market timing, rather simply attempting to buy the stock when Mr. Market is offering it to you at an attractive valuation.
    Nov 4 02:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ITT Spin-Off Could Create Buying Opportunity [View article]
    Brad - Thanks, I appreciate it. I'm very pleased that the response to the article has been positive, and I will definitely submit additional articles in the future.
    Nov 1 10:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment