Erick McKitterick

View Erick McKitterick's Comments BY TICKER:
  • VIX - Options Volatility And Market Sonar: Tuesday Recap [View article]
    Gracias tough times!
    Apr 10, 2013. 10:11 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • VIX - Options Volatility And Market Sonar: Tuesday Recap [View article]
    Thanks for your support dave. :)
    Apr 10, 2013. 08:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • VIX - Options Volatility And Market Sonar: Tuesday Recap [View article]
    1574 is heavy resistance based on several long term reversals and many other technical indicators.

I like pretty much any BBBY short idea specifically on the put side for 2 reason. I believe SSS and guidance will be weak in the future and the potential for a dividend announcement is not priced into the puts as it sits now. I bought the January puts in the name and on any pullback I will sell Aprils against them to reduce cost and will more than likely continue to do this moving forward.

Erick
    Apr 10, 2013. 08:12 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • VIX - Options Volatility And Market Sonar: Tuesday Recap [View article]
    Viewership for the Sonar report was and continues to be weak. I apparently need every reader to hit refresh some 10 times on the page to make it worth my time writing. :)
    Apr 10, 2013. 08:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • VIX - Options Volatility And Market Sonar: Tuesday Recap [View article]
    When IOC dropped back down to 72 I bought the June 85-110-135 call butterfly for 2.75 looking for some pin action.
    Apr 9, 2013. 08:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • VIX - Options Volatility And Market Sonar: Monday Recap [View article]
    I bought June 44's and sold weekly calls against them.
    Apr 9, 2013. 05:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • VIX - Options Volatility And Market Sonar: Monday Recap [View article]
    I added 25% of my typical hedge and I will scale in further as the market goes higher and vol goes down.

I agree if we get through the 1574 level then 1600 is in the cards but if we fail at 1574 watch out.

As for FXY I owned the 124 strike puts and sold them for a pitiful 15% gain where had I held them it would have made my year. It appears the Yen could very well be headed for 110 if they continue to print money this quickly. I have no trade in this name but Forex traders are making a killing.
    Apr 8, 2013. 10:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • VIX - Options Volatility And Market Sonar: Monday Recap [View article]
    Sherm,

ISE is an exchange for when options contracts are issued they must are opening / new positions.

My reason for buying SDS calls was simply last Friday on the big sell off I sold all of my remaining hedges and I wanted to re-establish a hedge against a potential selloff when volatility drops like today. I have many longs where if the market takes a dive will offset my long losses.

Thanks for becoming a follower as always feel free to ask questions and tell your friends.

You can also follow me and my trades on twitter @Keddie

Thanks

Erick
    Apr 8, 2013. 09:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • VIX - Options Volatility And Market Sonar: Wednesday Recap [View article]
    Dave,

Anytime good sir.
    Apr 8, 2013. 08:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • VIX - Options Volatility And Market Sonar: Wednesday Recap [View article]
    I like Aug contracts and selling front month calls against to reduce cost. The 45-50 diagonal could really be nice.
    Apr 8, 2013. 06:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bernanke's Bull And Why I Hate QE [View article]
    If both are responsible forget morals let them both fail and bail out NO ONE!

Just imagine the jobs we could have saved if we had subsidized the door to door ice sales when those new crazy machines called the refrigerator came out. The world has changed if the banks made loans which didn't work out let the investors and banks take the losses. Does anyone think it's ironic AIG is suing the Gou't for charging high interest rates to save their ass? Let the people who took the loans credit be destroyed and push the reset button and the world / economy take their medicine.
    Apr 8, 2013. 07:59 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • VIX - Options Volatility And Market Sonar: Wednesday Recap [View article]
    Because SDS calls are leveraged 2x short intrument there are specific times where buying them makes sense. IE when you think vol is bottoming or if your outright negative on the market (Not sure anyone is anymore).

SDS is great as when the market sells off hard you not only get the VOL increase but you get 2x the appreciation to the upside on drops and when the market only grinds higher to flat continues to hold relative value. These are also great to play with spreads to reduce the theta on your positions.
    Apr 8, 2013. 07:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • VIX - Options Volatility And Market Sonar: Friday Recap [View article]
    No worries captain just giving you a hard time. Enjoy and thanks for tell ing your friends.
    Apr 8, 2013. 07:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • VIX - Options Volatility And Market Sonar: Friday Recap [View article]
    No problem tell your friends and refresh often. :)
    Apr 6, 2013. 02:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • VIX - Options Volatility And Market Sonar: Friday Recap [View article]
    I continue to sell weekly LULU diagonal puts against my long June 65 puts which has been quite profitable. I like calendar's and diagonals and would stay away from short strangles as volatility popping would have those positions upside down in a flash.
    Apr 6, 2013. 10:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment