View as an RSS Feed
View Esekla's Articles BY TICKER:
Update: ExOne Earnings
- ExOne has announced 2Q14 earnings.
- The conference call shows both opportunity and missteps in the company's recent development.
- The timing of opportunity from my initial coverage was wrong, as I warned before most damage was done, but the long-term bull case has not been skewered yet.
Update: Advanced Cell Technology Conference Call
- Advanced Cell Technology held a corporate update conference call last night.
- Three new pieces of information were presented.
- All information in the call affirms the process I outlined for rebuilding shareholder value and trust.
Update: Universal Display Corp. Earnings
- Universal Display reported 2Q14 earnings.
- While my industry checks were very accurate on material volumes, that prediction wound up being useless due to unexpected pricing pressure.
- Non-headline numbers from the report are the most important data points for predicting the pace of continued growth.
Update: Energy Recovery Earnings
- Energy Recovery has just released its 2Q14 earnings report, which missed estimates, but still represents improvement.
- Shares have realized the 30% decline I warned about in my last article.
- New catalysts are scheduled for the coming days and months.
How To Value Advanced Cell Technology As A Phase II Company
- ACT's new management is taking right steps to rebuild shareholder value and trust, but success is far from assured.
- A broad method for quantifying share price in the event of a successful transition to Phase II is discussed.
- The actual inputs to these calculations will depend almost entirely on the details presented in the publication of the company's Phase I results.
- ACT has just scheduled a conference call for Monday in order to provide a "corporate update".
Universal Display Corp. In The Short And Long Terms
- Summary of recent events.
- Earnings predictions and points to look for in Thursday's report.
- Longer-term growth factors.
Update: GFI Group Acquisition
- GFI Group is selling its software businesses to CME Group.
- The transaction validates one of the predictions from my October Pro article, and represents a 49% annualized return from that point.
- However, the deal effectively takes GFI's SEF private and likely denies its current shareholders much greater long-term value.
- There is already evidence that the terms of the deal may need to improve for GFIG shareholders.
Update: InvenSense Earnings
- InvenSense has reported mixed Q1 '15 earnings.
- As predicted in my preview article, Apple clearly did not emerge as a current customer but continues to be anticipated.
- The impact of acquisitions is yet to be fully recognized, and further disappointment for the coming quarter remains a distinct possibility.
Update: Tesla Gigafactory Financing And Earnings
- Nikkei has reported initial and eventual Panasonic investments in Tesla's Gigafactory.
- This additional investment by Panasonic in Tesla helps to confirm the long-term plan and valuation I laid out when covering Tesla's convertible bond sale.
- An announcement in the upcoming earnings report would be right in line with the originally projected time-line.
- Other recent news gives investors reason to focus on such progress in the long-term plan rather than this quarter's numbers.
Is InvenSense About To Register Another Jolt?
- InvenSense reports earnings on Tuesday.
- Recent events have produced an unsustainable slingshot effect in INVN share price.
- Although InvenSense will get an Apple design win, new evidence indicates that investors may have to wait yet another quarter for proof.
- Methodology for current and after-earnings valuation.
The Broader Effects Of Imminent Sales Tax Reform
- The latest research shows unequivocally that sales tax avoidance has been a competitive advantage to e-tailers.
- Sales tax reform is coming, with a major step forward possible in a matter of days.
- The effects of sales tax reform fall into 3 major categories.
Amazon's Most Important Event Comes The Week After Earnings
- There are reasons for near-term optimism when Amazon reports 2Q14 earnings after hours on Thursday.
- However, a likely move by the Senate and its Majority Leader, Harry Reid, is of far greater long-term importance.
- This action has the potential to break a long-standing correlation in the price of AMZN shares.
Update: InvenSense Acquisition
- InvenSense has purchased two motion processing startups.
- The acquisitions show how InvenSense is still at the beginning of the transition I predicted, and raises some key figures to look for in the upcoming earnings call.
- The market action surrounding the announcement also gives some cause for concern.
Energy Recovery: The Pressure Builds
- Although the last quarterly report contained some good news, it was financially disappointing, to say the least.
- The rebound in share price is completely explained by a temporary short squeeze.
- The recent poor financial performance may have more insidious causes than mere seasonality, and the long-term prospects for the company could be threatened as well.
- Consequently, investors should expect a short-term retreat from current highs in the absence any new material announcements.
The Big Picture For Universal Display Corp.
- Over the next year it will become clear that AMOLED screens are on a path to replace incumbents.
- Misunderstanding of recent headlines on long-anticipated developments has depressed shares.
- Conservative revenue predictions from confirmed production facilities represent 70% upside, with further growth likely.
The Next Innovation From InvenSense
- InvenSense is down sharply due to an EPS miss for a predictably light quarter, yet 2 of the 3 factors that caused the miss are positive.
- The business prospects in terms of market penetration and prospects have steadily improved, while risk factors have fallen away.
- The next innovation from the company will change the way we interact with mobile devices.
Cisco And Heartbleed, A Class Action Lawsuit In The Making
- Heartbleed affects as many as 81 Cisco devices.
- In many ways, this vulnerability is even more dire for devices than it is for generic servers.
- There appears to be no easy fix, massive recalls and/or legal action are likely.
Advanced Cell Technology On The Doorstep
- Management is taking the right steps to rebuild shareholder value.
- Information from the 10-K and call enable us to generate a sequence of steps and a time frame for them.
- No "breakthrough status" this year.
- Platelet program officially shelved.
Energy Recovery: Is Silence Golden?
- 4 important points from ERII's earnings call.
- Speculation about the change in communication style.
- Why management is right not give guidance.
- Investors still have enough to make decision.
- How Good Are The Terms Of Tesla's Latest Bond Offering?
- The Important Points From Camtek's Earnings Report Aren't In The Numbers
- Advanced Cell Technology's Intellectual Property Takes A Hit
- Why InvenSense Is Worth The Premium
- Quantifying The Floor And Ceiling For Amazon
- Camtek Should Be CAN'T
- 2014: A Watershed Year For Energy Recovery
- The Next MoMo Stock, Part 2: Printing Profits With ExOne
- The Next MoMo Stock, Part 1: Understanding The Momentum Mechanism
- What To Expect From InvenSense In 2014
- Getting In On The Ground Floor With GFI Group
- Sensing A Big Move For InvenSense This Week
- The Next Short Squeeze