Esekla

View Esekla's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Amazon's Most Important Event Comes The Week After Earnings [View article]
    States will get to push this issue further, with or without federal help. While they can't force collection by retailers without a domestic nexus, they can force reporting of taxable sales.

The next step might be to "incentivize" "voluntary" collection on behalf of the state.
    Mar 5, 2015. 07:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Broader Effects Of Imminent Sales Tax Reform [View article]
    In another sign that the time is ripe for change, the Supreme court did rule that although states can't force sellers to collect tax for them, they can force them to report taxable sales so that the state itself can then go ahead and press for collection.

Mar 5, 2015. 07:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Energy Recovery, Last Year And This One [View article]
    I've been posting them to my subscription service. They include thoughts from GE and recent competition.
    Mar 4, 2015. 11:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • InvenSense: What Matters, What Doesn't [View article]
    and... Wow... At a glance, it looks like that article just paraphrased this one... a month later.
    Mar 4, 2015. 02:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • InvenSense: What Matters, What Doesn't [View article]
    I am posting mostly to my subscription service, but there will be more articles sooner or later.
    Mar 4, 2015. 02:12 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Amazon Delta: One Last Hope Or The End Of An Era? [View article]
    Despite Amazon's continuing attempts to diversify, sales tax remains the single biggest factor in its future. Perhaps the Supreme Court will rectify the issue, after being in error for over two decades:

I'm not at all sure they would get to it before Congress does, but someone should.
    Mar 4, 2015. 12:43 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amazon's Most Important Event Comes The Week After Earnings [View article]

I'm not at all sure it would get to it before Congress does, but someone should.
    Mar 4, 2015. 12:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Broader Effects Of Imminent Sales Tax Reform [View article]

Mar 4, 2015. 12:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Advanced Cell Technology Interim Results And Shelf Offerings [View article]
    Sure, who knows, maybe investors will buy another couple billion shares. There seems to be some support for that here.

I note that the two other options you present are ordered, rather than being exclusive of one another.

Fortunately, I don't have to think about timing, if I just stay away.
    Mar 3, 2015. 03:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I'll continue to follow the science, but I doubt that I will ever take a position in this company again. Maybe in another company that winds up owning the science.
    Mar 2, 2015. 11:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Sorry, I read it, but couldn't really get past "as early as 2019" with no indication at all of how they will make it that far.
    Mar 2, 2015. 11:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I have published no new articles on OCAT and don't intend to.
    Feb 27, 2015. 03:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GFI Group Comes To Terms With BGC Partners [View article]
    The tender is now complete and the estimate on annual savings has already risen to $50M.
    Feb 27, 2015. 09:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BGC successfully completes tender for GFI Group [View news story]
    As predicted in my articles months ago, when most others were saying BGC had no chance against CME:

The key was that BGC was really competing against GFI management, not CME.

I further note that the estimated annual savings has already risen to $50M, from $40M previously. Discussion in my latest article indicates that even the revised estimate is probably very conservative, and that there is other value to be realized as well.
    Feb 27, 2015. 08:31 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I do find the statements credible. I am firmly convinced Ocata got two new patents on technology that it regards as very promising. Ocata said nothing about the short term fundamental impact, and in my experience, promising biotech patents have virtually none. Given the company's financial position, short-term fundamental impact is undoubtedly where the focus should be. If my tone is too cautious for you, feel free to ignore it (again), but I can't help but be cautious over an announcement like this coming right on the heels of another that tacitly admitted that Ocata couldn't get any institutional funding and has to dilute further via the usual means.
    Feb 26, 2015. 08:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment