Esekla

View Esekla's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Apple +7.6%; Street applauds iPhone sales, China growth [View news story]
    Kudos to SA for referencing excellent analysis here alongside mainstream media!

In that vein I humbly note that my two AAPL articles offer a 50-thousand-foot alternate viewpoint that's proving consistent with what we've seen so far.
    Jan 28, 2015. 10:51 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Liberty's Maffei: Media megadeals will happen, but at a cost [View news story]
    If U.S. telecommunications rules ever become reasonable, then look for this merger idea as well, probably in combination with Google's MVNO plans:

Jan 28, 2015. 09:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Hess shares lower premarket after difficult Q4 [View news story]
    My Pro article, published just before earnings were released, predicts that this is just the beginning of cutbacks for the Bakken, and that Hess concentration in that region will be a major handicap going forward. On the other hand, drilling almost as many wells with half the rigs sounds very much like another technology that I've reported on:

Jan 28, 2015. 09:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BGC Partners/GFI Group tennis match continues [View news story]
    There's really no doubt that shareholders should tender their shares and vote against the CME transaction, which allows Gooch & co to take the SEF that management was formerly crowing about private by stealth. BGC's offer is $0.25 higher and has no meaningful conditions other than actually getting enough shares. By contrast, Gooch has resorted to bullying the special committee and calling his ex-wife an unbiased shareholder.

Both proxy advisory organizations that have weighed in on this have recommended against the CME transaction and the WSJ has twice now all but called GFI management outright crooks:

Jan 28, 2015. 08:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Why InvenSense Is Falling While Other Chip Stocks Rise [View article]
    Yes, an update detailing the implications of the Apple report and other thoughts went out to subscribers last night. Message me an email address privately for info. In this case, I hope to publish an article later today or early tomorrow, though there's no telling whether or not it will be Pro and how long SA will take to process it.
    Jan 28, 2015. 06:44 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Head of GFI Group writes open letter urging acceptance of CME bid [View news story]
    Right, that's why the two people who want to buy the business are willing to override the supposedly independent Special Committee in order to keep the deal alive. The WSJ has good independent write up on the whole thing:

It concludes:

"In my view this is no way to govern a public company. Directors who have an interest in a matter under consideration should not vote on that matter."
    Jan 27, 2015. 09:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    That's not what GFI management itself was saying about the SEF before the CME deal came up. Check quarterly reports, check my articles.

Congratulations on your first comment, though.
    Jan 27, 2015. 03:27 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Ex-wife is an independent, unbiased shareholder.... really?

This and delaying the vote show that GFI management is really getting to the end of its rope in trying to take the most valuable part of the company private without compensating shareholders.

The only real condition that BGC is imposing at this point is that they get enough votes to execute the takeover. If that doesn't happen, then common shareholders get GFI management's lesser price anyway, so there is no risk and no reason not to tender shares and vote against the transaction. Sheesh... are there no depths?
    Jan 27, 2015. 02:38 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Universal Display's Second Largest Customer Halts Production Due To Accident [View article]
    I completely understand. I do the same thing, though I am able to devote full days to such research.

Long time readers will know that I've wrestled with and resisted doing this for a long time. It's just that SA becomes progressively more difficult to work with. Without giving anything away, I plan for the service to eventually become something very different and much broader than a newsletter, and I think it's already different than that.

In the meantime, I'll still publish here in spots where it makes sense for SA's model, but subscribers will always come first, of course.
    Jan 27, 2015. 02:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I haven't shared that openly, because the cost will be going up as the list builds, simply because of the increased workload. That may happen soon at the rate I'm going.
    Jan 27, 2015. 12:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: ExOne Introduces Innovent [View article]
    At a glance, it looks like a recap of this article, except that he predicts an earnings warning. I don't have any particular reason to think they will miss, though it's possible.

I'll be issuing further updates as part of my subscription service. It will include all the other stocks I cover, as well as XONE. Message me privately with an email address for info.
    Jan 27, 2015. 12:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: BGC Increases Tender Offer For GFI Group Again [View article]
    Yeah, the shareholder vote was also postponed to the 30th. Message me privately with an email address for further updates.
    Jan 27, 2015. 08:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Why InvenSense Is Falling While Other Chip Stocks Rise [View article]
    Those wanting an early look at my thoughts on the impact of Apple's earnings should take a look at this offer:

Jan 26, 2015. 11:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Energy Recovery, Last Year And This One [View article]
    Readers who took me up on this offer:

have also just received an update on ERII. Message me privately with an email address if interested.
    Jan 26, 2015. 07:15 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Universal Display +23.8% on LG Display deal [View news story]
    Scratch that. SA wants to publish the article, but only at its lowest compensation rate. Consequently it won't be published here at all. See here for alternate access:

Jan 26, 2015. 02:07 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment