Esekla

View Esekla's Comments BY TICKER:
  • A New Way To Follow Your Favorite Seeking Alpha Authors [View article]
    It's something I would like as well, but I'd given up asking or sharing ideas.

Nonetheless, Eli knows I think this one is good.
    Apr 2, 2015. 09:11 AM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BGC Partners sees Q1 at low end of guidance [View news story]
    Don't get me wrong, I admire what management has done and is doing too, but that piece is just pure theater. Lutnick, the CEO of one of a couple of dozen institutions that is authorized to deal directly with the NY Fed needs to spend time on TV educating people about the effects of interest rates? I commented on it in my articles, but nobody managing their own investments should need confirmation that commercial real estate does well in a gradually rising but historically low interest rate environment. I've also already commented from industry experience that there is interest in Trayport & Fenics, but comments from the person trying to sell them is the LAST place you should be seeking confirmation. Confirmation should come from legal & SEC filings, transcripts, and knowledgeable industry sources, which it did, months ago. So I'm not arguing with any of your conclusions, just pointing out that if one is just getting this info from a Fox News video now, one might aspire to be a better investor.
    Apr 1, 2015. 06:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BGC Partners sees Q1 at low end of guidance [View news story]
    I disagree; it was like a remedial economics course! There was nothing at all that wasn't said in my articles long ago. Fox even displayed the wrong chart the first time around. I have trouble understanding why anyone would ever watch such stuff, especially when it is hard to search, quote and sub-reference. I want my time back!
    Apr 1, 2015. 04:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Energy Recovery, Last Year And This One [View article]
    Yes, I commented on it to subscribers before market open this morning. Here's the link to the original press release:

Apr 1, 2015. 03:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Opportunities For InvenSense To Grow [View article]
    See this comment on the topic of lawsuits:

Mar 31, 2015. 06:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Advanced Cell Technology's Intellectual Property Takes A Hit [View article]
    Any money laid out by a cash-strapped company is of some concern, but I agree this is NOT an overriding factor. My primary interest, and the focus of this article, is the science. The evident lack of invest-ability after the announcement of the interim results leaves the science as my ONLY interest, and thus the focus of my comments, at least for the time being.
    Mar 31, 2015. 02:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Energy’s newest legal threat: earthquake lawsuits [View news story]
    There will continue to be U.S. production, but it will probably focus on areas with cheap transport. As my Pro article on HES covered, that means Bakken producers will be particularly hard hit.
    Mar 31, 2015. 08:39 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Energy’s newest legal threat: earthquake lawsuits [View news story]
    I'd be more concerned with Continental selling out all its oil price hedges because the company needed money last year, than about management talking to scientists. While the evidence linking fracking to earthquakes does appear to have legitimacy, the wheels of both justice and geology move rather slowly. The seismic moves in oil price have been much quicker and more severe. CLR investors look completely unprotected and might not even last long enough to have deal with the courts.
    Mar 30, 2015. 07:25 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Advanced Cell Technology's Intellectual Property Takes A Hit [View article]
    The premise you identify is not false. Nature did publish the paper. They subsequently retracted it because the research that was falsified. However, the mere fact of it having been published at all in the first place indicates the change in context surrounding how the scientific community thinks about iPSCs from back in the day when ACT actually spent money on patents in this area.

Now, instead of being paid for that intellectual property Ocata, is paying for newer methods of iPSC creation. Case closed.
    Mar 30, 2015. 05:24 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Advanced Cell Technology Interim Results And Shelf Offerings [View article]
    Here's a link to that update, for all those without the reading comprehension to look and comment in the appropriate place:

Mar 30, 2015. 12:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel/Altera deal seen providing many synergies, sparking more M&A [View news story]
    I think WB's commentary is most insightful. The transition towards SoCs points to other potential takeover targets which I've discussed.

That said, buyout rumors are best ignored, especially in cases like this where the stock gets bid up. If you chase them and they actually come to pass, it's typically an indication that you were missing long-term value in the first place and are now trading it for a lesser short-term gain. That potential short term gain often is not appropriate compensation for the down-side risk of the deal not being executed at a now elevated price, or reduced premium.
    Mar 30, 2015. 12:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Advanced Cell Technology's Intellectual Property Takes A Hit [View article]
    Although this article discusses a change in the value of a slice of Ocata's patent portfolio, is does NOT discuss stock valuation. Another article of mine did

though I no longer regard that article as valid since management has backed away from plans to cease serial dilution. In more mature and successful investing contexts, companies that operate this way and the investors that allow them to do so are a bad joke. While it is possible to make money swing trading such stocks, that's not something that interests me, though the science that originally lead me to publish this piece still does.

To that end, this article was correct in its assessment that, regardless of the validity of research that prompted the Nature publication, the simple fact that Nature did publish it indicated how far academic understanding and opinion surrounding iPSCs has come since ACT purchased and developed patents in this area. I think Ocata paying for the technology to create these cells, rather than being paid for it validates my original argument as presented here. Other comments which talk about value lying in cell differentiation rather than creation are off-topic.

To answer your question, I am not working out any market valuation. I recognize that management almost certainly has no other option than to continue and repeat the prior path of dilution, in order to continue their research, which I do view as worthwhile. Nonetheless, I think the quality of behaviour and information from management do not support quality investment analysis; that's why I dropped coverage of the stock.
    Mar 29, 2015. 08:24 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • One Thing Apple Should Do To Preserve Its Market Position [View article]
    That does sound like a very worthy initiative with a similar, albeit longer, feedback loop.
    Mar 27, 2015. 10:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cook to donate all his wealth to charity [View news story]
    Here's suggestion as to where some of it could go:

Mar 27, 2015. 03:03 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • InvenSense: MWC And Apple's Media Event [View article]
    there should be a send message link right below my name.
    Mar 27, 2015. 02:47 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment