Esekla

View Esekla's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Universal Display And CES [View article]
    In addition to the Nanoco/Dow collaboration mentioned in this article, rumor is that QDVision has apparently inked a contract with a major producer, possibly LG or Sony. Projections are for prices to come in at 1/3 the price of AMOLED screens:

That wouldn't be good for the pace of AMOLED consumer adoption, but the question is, what price point are they basing that 1/3 on?
    Jan 7, 2015. 11:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: GFIG Group Competing Offer [View article]
    Lutnick is also reportedly saying that he'll give current GFI employees cash for their restricted stock units, if BGC's takeover is approved.

That could make the vote interesting!
    Jan 7, 2015. 10:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BGC Partners extends tender offer for GFI Group, plans proxy fight [View news story]
    The important part, not mentioned here, is that BGC is filing with the SEC to solicit votes against the CME transaction. See commentary here:

Jan 7, 2015. 10:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: GFIG Group Competing Offer [View article]
    No surprise, BGC as extended its tender offer until Jan 27, when the shareholder vote takes place.

What's important in the news release is the expected SEC registration to solicit votes against the CME transaction. It's hard to see how shares not held by GFI management would vote for an offer that's 20 cents lower, but most independent shares don't get voted at all.

Of course, I continue to think that GFIG shareholders should vote against the CME transaction, and tender their shares.
    Jan 7, 2015. 10:12 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Energy Recovery: To Profit Or Not To Profit, That Is The Question [View article]
    Thanks for the link. This is a good recap, and I agree with a lot of it, though I'm not sure how much value there is in the prediction that ERII will be volatile. Look for a rebuttal article from me soon.

In the meantime, since much of the author's argument pivots on investor sentiment, a useful means of judging that might be reading the well established base of discussion here:

I probably won't continue to follow this article.
    Jan 6, 2015. 03:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Seeking Alpha Contributors Top List Of Best Performing Financial Bloggers [View article]
    Yes, I have little doubt they will fix calls when asked. I have major doubt that many authors do that. I don't, but maybe I would if a compelling reason was presented. Stats on user enrollment and engagement would be a start... However, I tend to think my audience is more intelligent investors who want to learn about a business model and how to assess it for themselves, rather than people who are just looking to ape my buy and sell calls.

I suspect that the 94% figure discussed above actually means that TR makes corrections just 6% of the time. Hopefully we'll get an answer that, rather than simply having the post deleted, as happened the first time. I'm all for advancing SA's brand and I think critical analysis is the best way to do that.
    Jan 6, 2015. 10:59 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Universal Display And CES [View article]
    The self healing surface seems pretty interesting too.
    Jan 5, 2015. 06:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Signs That Apple's Next Breakout May Be Its Last [View article]
    As predicted, flexible phones are beginning to hit the market and solve the durability problem n a way that sapphire never will:

Jan 5, 2015. 06:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CES product news: HP, Seagate, SanDisk, Garmin, Lenovo [View news story]
    I think the most innovative product introduced so far is the G Flex 2, as predicted by my CES preview article and commented on here:

It begins to solve the durability problem in a way sapphire never could.
    Jan 5, 2015. 06:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Universal Display And CES [View article]
    LG has indeed announced the G Flex 2:

This looks like a much better offering than its predecessor. The video shows it to be much more durable, which I think is the biggest feature. I'm also a fan of the curve, simply because it fits the face better.
    Jan 5, 2015. 06:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Fair enough, but as per my post above, that's a lot of uncompensated time, to correct a lot of errors, at least in my case. Perhaps it's worthwhile to reconsider, though, if the mechanism for making corrections is quick and easy enough. I'm open to hearing that my case is an aberration rather than the rule, but I've yet to see evidence.
    Jan 5, 2015. 04:26 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    94% accurate? What exactly does that mean?

TR doesn't even show most of my calls and is wrong on 3 out of 5 the "latest" that it does. See my comment below for an example. The problem is that ongoing nuanced analysis often doesn't easily categorize as buy or sell, and when something changes about a thesis, that news is often going to come in a comment rather than an article.

And before I get invited to go make corrections, that's simply not something I, or many others whose analysis isn't completely one-side, are going to spend uncompensated time on, especially when the base data seems far off to begin with.
    Jan 5, 2015. 04:08 PM | 11 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Even though my performance lists pretty well on TR, I have to warn that the data there can be grossly inaccurate, especially for those of us who provide ongoing and nuanced coverage. For instance, they have me as a buy on XONE, I guess from my original aritcle, but I warned in comments that the thesis wasn't playing out, giving readers the opportunity to sell at a profit before all of the subsequent pain. Since then I've done two update articles that are best categorized as "avoid for now", yet TR still has me as a buy.
    Jan 5, 2015. 02:58 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Universal Display And CES [View article]
    As expected, LG is unveiling quite a number of new innovations at CES, but featuring their AMOLED TVs:

Jan 5, 2015. 11:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Glenn Beck wins in Dish Network-Fox News fee squabble [View news story]
    Murdoch is flat out unrealistic about media and how to derive value from it.
    Jan 5, 2015. 10:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment