Esekla

View Esekla's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Vodafone confirms 4G launch in India by end of year [View news story]
    This is not good for U.S. telecommunications markets:

other things are, though:

Aug 28, 2015. 10:13 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla Motors signs lithium deal with Bacanora [View news story]
    That's great, but my concern is the financing. The secondary was dilutive and didn't really fill the gap reported on here

Tesla seems to be losing the market darling status that has helped it so much in the past. That will make things tougher going forward. Comment there, not here, if you want an answer.
    Aug 28, 2015. 08:36 AM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Did We Just See A Bottom In ExOne? [View article]
    Time will tell. XONE hit an all-time low of $5.81 just before this was written (the process with SA took multiple days). Subscribers just got an update on a new supporting data point next year. This article projects about a 7 month time period, so we won't have to wait that long.
    Aug 28, 2015. 08:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Did We Just See A Bottom In ExOne? [View article]
    Management predicted the cash burn, so it shouldn't have surprised anyone who was paying attention. That's ending now, as I show here. I guess the only thing we disagree on is whether or not there is an end in sight.
    Aug 28, 2015. 08:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Did We Just See A Bottom In ExOne? [View article]
    I share the general opinion about tMF. Unfortunately there is unlikely to be a lot more on XONE here from me. After much wrangling with editors, the compensation for this article can't possibly come close to matching the effort put in. In any case it would never be in realtime, so anyone who likes my analysis should consider subscribing. Message me privately with an email address for details.
    Aug 27, 2015. 11:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Low Can InvenSense Go? [View article]
    The $4? Yes, it's mentioned in the conference call and I've checked it myself, though Current Assets is the more accurate description.
    Aug 27, 2015. 04:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Low Can InvenSense Go? [View article]
    Patents don't last? Tell that to UDC, whose business would literally be nothing without its 20 year+ patent lock on phosphorescent emitters.

It's also going to be hard to take you seriously if you propose that InvenSense should have simply let the Apple and/or Samsung business go. As I said in my Top Idea article, "Any rational company, analyst or investor should be happy to accept slightly lower margins in order to achieve higher volume, revenue, customer diversity, and most of all... profits!" That's what InvenSense has done, and it's why cash on the balance sheet is already back up to almost $4 per share!
    Aug 27, 2015. 01:57 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AMSC obtains $6M worth of Asia-Pac grid product orders [View news story]
    Also the link is wrong. See here for a proper one and commentary:

Aug 26, 2015. 03:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla And Superconductors: Rumors And Realities [View article]
    New AMSC grid revenue:

The value of the orders is incrementally significant to AMSC. That said, I see this as more noteworthy because these were unanticipated orders in the grid business.
    Aug 26, 2015. 03:13 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • FCC calls emergency meeting of Dish, Sinclair to resolve blackout [View news story]
    Yes, arguably, the broadcasters should be paying Dish for enhancing their distribution, but nobody wants to get down to reality and make it clear that advertising doesn't work the way it used to anymore. See part 1 of the article linked above for who benefits from that.
    Aug 26, 2015. 03:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Google up over 4% as Goldman upgrades, markets rally [View news story]
    In practice what usually matters is the comparison to expectations, which is the shorthand that SA is using, and that's almost always non-GAAP.

fair enough, though, I wouldn't mind explicit labeling.
    Aug 26, 2015. 02:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    The idea that broadcasters should get to charge for content that they send over the airwaves for free is just broken. I don't think much of Dish as an investment, even at recently lowered prices

but I applaud them for being on the right side of this battle.
    Aug 26, 2015. 02:13 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Google up over 4% as Goldman upgrades, markets rally [View news story]
    SA is doing the right thing in following the standard. Doing anything else would cross the line from reporting into giving analysis and opinion, which presumably is the job of the Contributors.
    Aug 26, 2015. 01:39 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Google up over 4% as Goldman upgrades, markets rally [View news story]
    Huh, I just cited GS's omission on their ex-China list yesterday:

This medium-term analysis complements my own long-term outlook nicely.
    Aug 26, 2015. 11:03 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Scrutinizing Prescience Point's Short Attack On Amira Nature Foods [View article]
    I'm glad somebody went to the trouble on this. SA doesn't pay enough for me to do it.

I encountered a similar situation a couple of years back:

It took a few months, but the patents in that case were eventually completely validated and the drop from the short attack wound up being a VERY profitable opportunity.

The short story here is that irregularities do not equal fraud, much less bankruptcy. For all we know, the accountant changes have been due to the difficulties of dealing with a foreign, global filer. Whether that's the case or not, all the company has to do is report earnings file late, as they have in the past, and we've got at least double our money from these levels.

Maybe this time is different, but PP did nothing to convince me of that.
    Aug 26, 2015. 12:18 AM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment