View Esekla's Comments BY TICKER:

• Amazon May Be Topping Out [View article]
    I did, as a general market hedge. We saw a very similar pattern the last time Amazon had a third quarter surprise like the most recent one:
    Nov 23, 2015. 03:50 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Google/Alphabet Move For Greene Demonstrates Weakness [View article]
    "Price sells cloud, scale drops price, and price plus scale creates lock-in."

You're right about that, but that's not all there is to it. The actual API and back-end technology matter too, though they only tend to show themselves in speed of development and outages. That's where Google has a big edge.

Another area where you are right is that Google needs to make up the marketing gap, to show the point above. This article

pointed out that marketing is actually the biggest advantage AWS has. If Google is about to change that, Amazon investors should worry.
    Nov 20, 2015. 09:38 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Google buys startup launched by VMware co-founder, puts her in charge of cloud businesses [View news story]
    Speaking of which, it's Amazon that should be worried, more than Rackspace. Recent stock price movement shows that investors going on the belief (more of a hope, really) that AWS can balance the retail business.
    Nov 19, 2015. 07:37 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Exchanges canceling erroneous Time Warner Cable trades from brief period [View news story]
    It's past time exchanges start taking responsibility for getting their business right.
    Nov 19, 2015. 07:29 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • FCC chairman: T-Mobile video initiative 'highly competitive' [View news story]
    I've yet to see evidence that the FCC actually understands what innovation and competition really means. There's evidence that could be changing

but I'm not counting on it.
    Nov 19, 2015. 04:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lessons To Be Learned From Ocata And Others [View article]
    Here's the official tender offer:
    Nov 19, 2015. 04:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Google's Project Fi: Who Gets Hurt? [View article]
    Excellent comment! I couldn't have said it better myself.
    Nov 19, 2015. 04:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facing customer drain, Verizon resets prepaid plans [View news story]
    That's a problem that SA has had for years. They allow the ads they place to hijack your clicks. The link is right, and takes you to one of my articles on this topic. Reload to get different ads and see that for yourself.
    Nov 19, 2015. 04:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Universal Display Corp. Q3 Earnings Report [View article]
    SA is attributing today's rise in OLED shares to a patent application by Apple,

but it's the underlying options position that is giving the news any legs. Subscribers got comments on that this morning, and as usual, the market has the winner here all wrong. Message me privately with an email address for details on better news and analysis.
    Nov 19, 2015. 01:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facing customer drain, Verizon resets prepaid plans [View news story]
    I think I know who they are losing customers to:

The service is far and away better. Comment there, not here, if you want me to see it and respond.
    Nov 19, 2015. 01:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Perfect Storm For BGC Partners [View article]
    My subscribers just got an update to the calendar provided in this article. Message me privately with an email address for details on the service.
    Nov 19, 2015. 12:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Qualcomm makes QCT co-president its sole division chief [View news story]
    Discussion of the post earnings drop and near-term outlook here:
    Nov 19, 2015. 10:28 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Clash Of The Titans: Qualcomm Earnings And Beyond [View article]
    I'll add that the effect of cost cuts are just about to kick in

which should juice #s going forward. I remain cautious about the long-term and the broader market, but I think the near-term danger that this article documented is more than fully priced in now.
    Nov 19, 2015. 10:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Report: Energy capital spending cuts seen much larger than production cuts [View news story]
    The key here is debt

If you just spent the last few years wracking it up, you now have little choice but to produce and sell at whatever rate you can get.
    Nov 18, 2015. 06:46 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Verizon gets FCC waiver permitting Wi-Fi calling [View news story]
    I think the entire industry have adopted this is a sign of more rationale wireless communications in the U.S. going forward

not that that would be a high bar...
    Nov 18, 2015. 06:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment