Esekla

View Esekla's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Update: Advanced Cell Technology Interim Results And Shelf Offerings [View article]
    Yes. I could not make an *educated* guess because 4 months ago, after I wrote this article saying that institutional investment interest would not come anywhere close to justifying the $7.50-9.00 price tag at the time, I dropped coverage of the stock. That meant there would be no more articles, but I said I'd still note items of interest here. As it happens, I noted and interpreted this news items more than 12 hours before the news editors on this site.

Nonetheless, now that I am no longer covering the stock, I am not conversant on all its aspects and thus not ready to make any *educated* guesses about what management might do next in order to enable the company to survive. My subscription service offers Q&A to readers even on stocks I don't cover. So if somebody asked me there, I would do at least enough research to be able to give them an informed answer as to why I am still not interested, if that should turn out to be that case.

Given the general quality of discussion on OCAT, compared to other stocks I've discussed, I am happy not to be in that position. For personal reasons, I still hope something works out for the company and, to a lesser extent, for investors who didn't listen to me 4 months ago.
    Feb 12, 2015. 02:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ocata terminates equity offering [View news story]
    I note that the announcement gives no reason for the withdrawal. However, as documented by my commentary on this last night:

I tend to agree with the editorializing being done here.
    Feb 12, 2015. 07:18 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Signs That Apple's Next Breakout May Be Its Last [View article]
    Addressing #3 first, I'll grant that it's arguable whether or not Apple will see the same slowdown as everyone else once the effect of its delayed product cycle wears off, but the possibility is looking as likely as ever.

As for #2, I never said it was a pump and dump, just better for the short to medium term at exactly the time when Apple needs to look to the long term, like its competitors.

Finally, it's hard to comprehend how you can say #1 was "blown out of the water." Are you actually going to claim that office space and a huge media black eye is the innovation that Apple was looking for out of the GT deal?
    Feb 11, 2015. 06:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Fortunately, I don't have to make an educated guess, at least not until someone asks me via my subscription service.
    Feb 11, 2015. 06:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Well this is unexpected. Ocata withdraws its shelf offering:

My read is that institutional investors simply weren't interested, though I'm sure some will spin it otherwise. Time will tell.
    Feb 11, 2015. 05:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intercontinental Exchange: Q4 2014 Earnings Review [View article]
    Trading at 57 times earnings is impressive in what way? With a PE of 28, a questionable balance sheet, and the paltry dividend, the author seems to be making a comprehensive case that ICE is grossly overvalued. Yet the qualitative statements claim otherwise.
    Feb 11, 2015. 03:20 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Signs That Apple's Next Breakout May Be Its Last [View article]
    Here we go, just what this article was anticipating:

Feb 11, 2015. 03:09 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Samsung commits $3.6B to OLED line, creates advanced tech unit [View news story]
    As mentioned to my readers at market open, the only new part of the AMOLED fab news is the figure for the investment.
    Feb 11, 2015. 01:29 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Numbers Get Serious [View article]
    Good article, Dana. Mine had a similar point with regard to market cap, and even went so far as to suggest that AAPL might even make a good hedge against broader market volatility in light of some of its practices, both on the hardware side:

and on the software side:

In my opinion, your call is ahead of the curve, though. Apple is currently reaping the benefits of pent up demand due to its lagging product cycle, which is why the first article also predicted the current new highs, despite its bearish tone. I think that run is still a long way from finished.
    Feb 11, 2015. 09:22 AM | 13 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • InvenSense: What Matters, What Doesn't [View article]
    I never had a position in QUIK, so I think the last comment in your quote is taken out of context, probably by the chronic problems with SA's comment system, rather than by you. I did look at the stock, but decided to pass on it, as documented here:

As for my current assessment of QUIK, that would be off-topic here, and I do personalized Q&A through my subscription service now. Message me with an email address for details.

Thank you for the note though. One could cite similar instances for Camtek

and others.
    Feb 10, 2015. 04:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • RetailMeNot down 4.7% after hours ahead of earnings [View news story]
    Again, kudos to SA for citing original, home-grown analysis that is way ahead of mainstream media.
    Feb 9, 2015. 06:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • InvenSense: What Matters, What Doesn't [View article]
    No, that section is for things that are still in development, and which will be future growth drivers. OIS is listed in the current section, as it is already growing.
    Feb 6, 2015. 11:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Continental Resources: Estimated Q4 Revenues And Cash Burn, And Analysis Of PV-10 Pricing Inputs [View article]
    I had been thinking of writing a similar article. I would have added that Continental's balance sheet simply isn't setup to weather this downturn. With Quick & Current ratios of .84 and .89, and a debt to equity ratio of 1.2, the writing is on the wall. See here for a recap of the import of these figures:

As you point out, the coming report might mask the trouble due to hedges, but with oil veterans that I've spoken to saying that current pricing will last at least a year, probably more like 3, and maybe much longer, the writing is on the wall. Continental is likely to have to start selling off assets at rummage sale prices.
    Feb 6, 2015. 07:47 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • InvenSense Q3 FY15 Earnings Preview [View article]
    It's possible that I'm wrong about the potential of drones for InvenSense, but I don't think so. Certainly regulation in China is less than in the western world, as evidenced by Alibaba's first drone delivery:

but even if this were to become widespread, it doesn't hit InvenSense's core and developing competencies. The volumes pale in comparison to other markets as well.
    Feb 5, 2015. 03:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bloomberg: Google, Twitter strike deal to add tweets to results [View news story]
    Uggh. I have NEVER seen a tweet that has been more useful than a direct link to the underlying news. Clouding search results in this way only degrades Google.
    Feb 5, 2015. 09:44 AM | 9 Likes Like |Link to Comment