View Esekla's Comments BY TICKER:

• Why Shares Of Continental Resources Can Continue Rising [View article]
    Exactly, see this article for excellent coverage on that:

Furthermore, while Continental doesn't have maturities due for 3 years, banks have all the power in these agreements. Make no mistake, the company is increasing output to stay ahead of debt. Even if they manage to do that, it won't help shareholders a bit, which was the point of my original article on the company:

In my view, the only thing that has changed since then is that the price of oil has gone down. The cost savings, etc, are mostly a consequence of that and would not hold up as well as investors seem to be thinking, even if oil did rebound.
    Nov 17, 2015. 05:11 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GE launches new renewable energy business [View news story]
    Wind has been strong lately. The size of the order that AMSC received was quite a pleasant surprise.

With G&E pulling in all that capital from all the sales of financial segments, I'd guess the space is ripe for some more M&A.
    Nov 17, 2015. 03:53 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Pair Trade For Oil E&Ps [View article]
    Finally! An excellent article on Continental's debt load:
    Nov 17, 2015. 03:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cree higher after director discloses 5K-share purchase [View news story]
    Open market insider buys are powerful signals, and SA should have more consistent coverage of them. There was a similar situation, for a bigger move, yesterday:

However, that doesn't excuse investors from doing valuation math, as another case study shows:

In the case of CREE, the math doesn't look so wonderful.
    Nov 17, 2015. 12:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What The Most Recent Report Says About Microvision Management [View article]
    Subscribers were notified yesterday morning about the open market insider buy in MVIS

which is yet another sign of management's confidence in the company's ability to execute. Message me privately with an email address for info on getting real-time updates.
    Nov 17, 2015. 12:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2016 Will Be Apple's Biggest Year [View article]
    Indeed, and I've argued that Apple's ability to innovate has degraded:

The first part of that article has already come true, and AAPL would have to hit that $140 price target for me to have been wrong in saying that investors should have considered taking profits on the last iPhone cycle.
    Nov 17, 2015. 01:32 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • BGC Partners agrees to sell Trayport to ICE for $650M [View news story]
    The sale price represents over $3 per BGC share and is much as I predicted. My Pro article including a calendar of this and many other events still to come will go public on Dec. 9

See this comment for the original press release:
    Nov 16, 2015. 09:17 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Near-Term Notes For BGC Partners [View article]
    Subscribers have just received commentary on BGC's sale of Trayport

and the sale price is much as predicted. I got this wrong in the calender provided, in that the event actually came before BGC's 6%+ dividend, but that's of no import. Many other events remain on that calendar. Message me privately with an email address for details.
    Nov 16, 2015. 09:14 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • InvenSense Earnings And Technology Update [View article]
    Subscribers were informed about InvenSense's iPad Pro win on Wednesday

However, they also got my correct opinion about what the jobs report meant for the overall market before the open last Friday, and half a dozen other updates since then.
    Nov 14, 2015. 10:26 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • North Dakota oil well backlog surpasses 1,000 for the first time [View news story]
    Some aren't in a position to be patient:
    Nov 14, 2015. 10:16 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lessons To Be Learned From Ocata And Others [View article]
    Thanks. The other main point of contention, I think, is that DWD seems to think that if one tendered one's shares and a better deal then materialized, the tender would still go through and one would lose them at the lesser price. That's just not how things go, in my experience. These definitive agreements don't wind up being all that binding.
    Nov 13, 2015. 04:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lessons To Be Learned From Ocata And Others [View article]
    I like your research, but your logic often eludes me, to put it nicely. I see no downside from tendering at any point. If there is some other offer, shareholders who tendered at any point would still typically wind up getting the best price.
    Nov 12, 2015. 01:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lessons To Be Learned From Ocata And Others [View article]
    I did read the article. Did you read this one, or the comment you are responding to? What you just wrote agrees with everything I just said. What is it you think I could be wrong about?
    Nov 12, 2015. 01:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lessons To Be Learned From Ocata And Others [View article]
    No, I think there is no chance at all that big pharma was unaware. As per the comment above, though, I'm not surprised that it is a non-US company that is buying or that it is at a fire sale price. That was predicted in my prior articles, and it is what often happens when a company engages in the sort of financing that Ocata did.
    Nov 12, 2015. 11:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lessons To Be Learned From Ocata And Others [View article]
    To me, this deal highlights the dangers and importance of toxic financing and dilution. I think there are two factors in the decision to sell:

1. Is that the recent slam piece that SA (irresponsibly?) published lowered the stock price to levels where even I was willing to get back in. That also means that Ocata got less from its ATM facility, putting financial pressure on the company.

2. The U.S. medical regulatory regime is bad joke. I can fully believe that Ocata is willing to give up on the U.S. and seek to move forward elsewhere. I have my doubts as to whether or not that work will include Lanza, though.
    Nov 12, 2015. 11:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment