Esekla

View Esekla's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Update: InvenSense And New Apple Products [View article]
    I've just submitted an article with my own guesses on this kind of math. It (cautiously) updates and increases my price target.
    Sep 19 04:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Will Apple's OLED Watch Affect The OLED Market? [View article]
    We think very much alike, Ron. My article on the same subject was just published earlier today, though it is a little broader and got Pro status and won't be completely public until tomorrow around noon.
    Sep 19 01:19 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Covanta to construct €500M Dublin waste-to-energy facility [View news story]
    This on the heals of a 39% dividend increase and mega-projects starting soon with New York and Boston. CVA is executing to perfection, but hardly priced that way.
    Sep 19 10:51 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Tesla Gigafactory Financing And Earnings [View article]
    The latest concern is over rumors of another capital raise.
    Sep 19 09:44 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • iPhone 6 teardowns: QCOM, INVN, SWKS, AVGO, BRCM among winners [View news story]
    We've been discussing the how good (or not) the InvenSense win is in my latest article since very early this morning. More details there.
    Sep 19 09:43 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: InvenSense And New Apple Products [View article]
    Also, apologies if the comment about iPhone6 wins was directed at other commentators. I've been rushing to get a new article out.
    Sep 19 08:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: InvenSense And New Apple Products [View article]
    Another tear-down for people's reference:

Sep 19 07:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: InvenSense And New Apple Products [View article]
    It's hard to understand why it's so hard to get people to link to sources, or simply understand what was said. Here are the teardowns from iFixIt:

They do indeed confirm that InvenSense has supplied the accelerometers and gyros, which in turn confirms my prediction that they would only get the Apple win this year, when a wearable product was announced. What I have been saying is that such a win is already priced in. It remains to be seen whether or not I'm right about that. More to follow, probably in a new article.
    Sep 19 05:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: InvenSense And New Apple Products [View article]
    I was curious about yesterdays price movement in INVN. Apparently its due to a new article in Forbes with very dated content and not much evidence:

Hedging for the impatient who are expecting disappointment may be contributing also:

With the iPhone6 being released today, we should know a little more soon enough. Watch for further comments here, probably followed by another article.
    Sep 19 03:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Advanced Cell Technology Annual Meeting Announcement: A Harbinger Of...? [View article]
    No. HESCs (Human Embryonic Stem Cells) are the generally accepted "gold standard" for treatment, not IPSCs. The latter can have any # of issues, but I suspect they were used in Japan because the surgery was for Wet AMD and thus much more involved than Advanced Cell's Dry AMD treatment. That may have increased the chances of rejection, thus calling for stells derived directly from the patient. I hope the Riken Institute didn't choose them simply because that's what they've worked with and had available, but you never know.

Read back through the comments of my older articles, particularly the first ACTC one for more commentary on HESCs vs IPSCs.
    Sep 19 03:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why InvenSense Looks Like A Buy-On-The-Dip Opportunity [View article]
    Yes, I agree with the expectation of long-term growth prospects, but that could still make INVN dead money at best for quite some time. I'll wait for a tear-down and then for the next earnings call and report as soon as info is available. I thank the author for the link, but I think I've detailed just how much further this "dip" could go, once the results I've reported on are all out in the open.

My latest article on the impact from Apple is largely speculation, but older articles detail the impact of the acquisitions discussed here.
    Sep 18 04:27 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    I'm glad we agree on the risk in the stock, even if you don't realize that we do. I've always said ACTC was only suitable for small positions where one is prepared to lose everything. Your reminders of that have some value. Try not to mix them with misinformation. This article simply says, "if you were willing to accept the risk inherent in ACTC before, there is no particular reason to change your mind now."

As for perceived tone, offense is not intended and everyone perceives differently. I've always favored clarity over being circumspect and that's unlikely to change, especially given the demonstrated difficulties with the former. Fortunately, anyone offended has the option of not reading at all. Thanks again for your comments.
    Sep 18 10:38 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Please Help Us Pick Next Week's Outstanding Performance Award Winners [View article]
    Here's the article:

What I find interesting about it is that it's not a straight out long or short call, yet it helped me understand something very valuable that was going on with the stock, not published elsewhere, and thus that I otherwise would have missed. Insight that's truly outstanding doesn't always lead to straight line movement in the stock. Sometimes it's consistent coverage or explaining a more complex situation. It also isn't always, or even more commonly Pro articles. I think the editors have shown a lot confirmation bias, or else intent to sell the Pro library, in their awards so far.

Anyway, there were TWO recent SA Breaking news posts, on exactly the same point as this article, now that the situations is looking more likely. Yet neither even mentioned the article. I did, in the comments, but to my knowledge neither of the editors ever followed up in any way.

Similarly, I doubt this article will win, perhaps because it's just not simplistic (aka persuasive) enough. Maybe it doesn't deserve to, since the profits aren't as compelling as others out there, but this was probably my last chance to highlight an article that I found truly insightful. It also serves as an excellent example of how SA should do a better job of recognizing the value in and rewarding coverage that's not one-sided.
    Sep 18 12:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pay-TV industry wins mini-battle in D.C. over a la carte [View news story]
    Yet the Supreme Court struck down viewers rights to rent a digital antenna and DVR remotely, via Aereo. There is no sense left in this country's communications laws.
    Sep 17 11:24 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment