Esekla

View Esekla's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Advanced Cell Technology: Maximizing Profit On Reverse Splits And Phase I Results [View article]
    Yes, it seemed obvious that you can't bring back dead rods and cones simply by introducing cells that can phagocytose drusen. It also seemed irrelevant.
    Aug 26 12:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Welcome to publishing, and thanks for adding the reverse split discussion to the conversation. I'd taken most of what you said there as obvious, but ACTC investors could easily be ignorant of such basics. Those looking for a broader, clearer picture should take a look at my Advanced Cell Technology on the Doorstep article and the sequence of events that it details.
    Aug 26 11:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Universal Display Corp. Earnings [View article]
    Right on cue, LG announces pre-orders for the world's first 4K OLED televisions in 65 and 77 inch models:

Aug 26 10:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • InvenSense makes a CFO change [View news story]
    My articles have already detailed what the impact of recent acquisitions should be on the balance sheet, and management completely failed on its promise to disclose that in the most recent quarterly report. Maybe Krock just wasn't willing to live up to his name, which would be to his credit. As others have pointed out, there are plenty of opportunities out there where a talented CFO doesn't have to damage his credibility.
    Aug 26 09:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix strikes out at Emmy Awards [View news story]
    Yes, but HoC is old news and subsequent seasons don't deliver on the promise of the first one. I've been saying for a while in comments that Netflix's knowledge of viewer habits simply hasn't lead to the ability to generate or choose compelling original content, and we're seeing that play out.
    Aug 26 09:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Universal Display Corp. Earnings [View article]
    In my older article, marketam asks, "Does LG's WRGB technology in their OLED (WOLED) TVs, like the ones currently available at Best Buy or Amazon, use Universal Display's materials? Its patents?"

UDC management has confirmed in reports and presentations that LG is already its second largest customer. The patent royalty is built into material sales, just like it was for Samsung until 3 years ago. In my Top Idea article, I quoted UDC management as saying that at some point it becomes cheaper for LG to switch to the same style agreement. That will be a momentous event and everything we've seen indicates that it should happen by early 2015.
    Aug 25 10:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Valuing Universal Display Corp. Earnings [View article]
    Good question. I'll answer in the comments of the most recent article, linked just above, in order to keep the discussion more or less chronological.
    Aug 25 10:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • InvenSense makes a CFO change [View news story]
    Yes, I agree, there are lots of possible interpretations and most of them are not cause for concern, though the 8-K tells a slightly different story than Allerton does above. See the comments in my latest INVN article.
    Aug 25 06:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • InvenSense makes a CFO change [View news story]
    Better yet, the 8-K and the comments in my article give a little more detail as to how this went down.
    Aug 25 05:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: InvenSense Earnings [View article]
    Alan Krock is leaving InvenSense to pursue other opportunities and Mark P. Dentinger will step in as vice president and chief financial officer, effective Sept. 2, 2014.

Detinger was most recently executive vice president and chief financial officer of KLA-Tencor Corporation. According to the 8-K, Krock resigned almost a week ago and InvenSense found a replacement and just made the announcement today:

Aug 25 05:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • InvenSense makes a CFO change [View news story]
    Not as big a deal as the other upcoming financial factors that I've detailed, but Mr. Krock seeing better opportunities elsewhere is one more reason to be cautious about INVN.
    Aug 25 05:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why A Beaten Down ExOne Looks Like A Good Long-Term Opportunity [View article]
    That's a bit of an over-simplification. While I think the points from my original article about what to look for and, perhaps more importantly, what to ignore in order to assess the opportunity for XONE are still as valid as ever, my recent update article says that the stock's time is not yet come. It also points out that the specific opportunity I looked at in my original article did not play out as hoped. FWIW, I did note that in comments to readers at the time, so they had the opportunity to take a small profit before the bottom fell out.

XONE may have found a bottom, especially given the short situation, but it's very difficult to price from a valuation perspective. I find this author/article to be fairly superficial, so I won't continue to watch here, but feel free to seek further discussion in one of my articles.
    Aug 25 01:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Broader Effects Of Imminent Sales Tax Reform [View article]
    There are many reports like this, pretty much all of them saying the combined bill be introduced during the lame duck session (so not until November, at the earliest).

Aug 22 10:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amazon's Most Important Event Comes The Week After Earnings [View article]
    The noise from the Senate seems to consistently point to the combined bill coming up during the lame duck session (so not until November, at the earliest). That implies that the results of the election will be important to whether or not it actually gets passed.

Aug 22 10:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Salesforce's guidance mixed; deferred revenue grows 31% [View news story]
    Regulations require the companies to feature GAAP #s at least as prominently as non-GAAP in financial reports. The same should apply to sites like this.
    Aug 22 10:33 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment