Esekla

View Esekla's Comments BY TICKER:
  • InvenSense: Looking Into The Next iPhone And Beyond [View article]
    I think there's a pretty good chance that Playmation will use InvenSense, given its software and ease of integration. A projection on the level of impact was already sent to subscribers.
    Jul 9, 2015. 11:55 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Did Iran Just Destroy ConocoPhillips' Cash Flow Plan? [View article]
    Very good article, but why focus on Conoco, other than for the page views? There are other companies that will be much more affected by oil prices

The current oil price is driven by speculation and markets typically don't account very well for the time needed for these things to come to pass, if they do at all. By contrast, Conoco's management has shown excellence in preparing for and adjusting to shifts in the global market. It may well be that they have to adjust again, but I think they will deliver on the commitment to maintain the very attractive dividend, and possibly even profit from the figurative blood in the streets at the expense of less well-managed companies.

You should consider writing somewhere else, where the drive for page views doesn't misdirect your proven ability to give investors good information.
    Jul 8, 2015. 11:22 AM | 45 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • InvenSense: Looking Into The Next iPhone And Beyond [View article]
    Apple's MO is to use cheaper products to juice margins regardless of the performance hit. The photos cited in this article were mostly of interest and benefit to Qualcomm. Apple just decided to step up to that vendor's LTE modem, which offers superior performance.

I also have to voice extreme concern over your concentration in just two stocks. Message me privately with an email address for information about personalized Q&A via my subscription service, if you like. I think you would find much of the archived content on my website very useful with regard to InvenSense.
    Jul 8, 2015. 08:05 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Near-Term Notes For BGC Partners [View article]
    I'm not sure what you mean by real-estate stocks, there's all sorts. I do peronsalized Q&A as part of my subscription service, message me privately with an email address.

That said, with all that's going on I think it would be tough to pin any stock's movement to just the prospect of rising rates in the U.S. Nonetheless, those should be good for BGC's commercial property businesses.
    Jul 7, 2015. 04:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Pair Trade For Oil E&Ps [View article]
    I've closed the short position that I disclosed with this article. Experience has taught me to take excellent profits on short positions when they come quickly. Oil has dropped over 10% and CLR ~20%, for over 300% annualized gain.
    Jul 7, 2015. 02:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • InvenSense: Looking Into The Next iPhone And Beyond [View article]
    Yes, I can identify the chip there. Thank you!
    Jul 7, 2015. 11:45 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • InvenSense: Looking Into The Next iPhone And Beyond [View article]
    Yes, I commented on them in the Pro article, linked above, which is still public for a bit.

I do personalized Q&A via my subscription service. Message me privately with an email address for details.
    Jul 7, 2015. 11:42 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • U.S. crude sinks 7.7% to $52.53 in worst day since April [View news story]
    Conoco management has committed to AT LEAST maintaining the dividend for the foreseeable future, and their plan extends out at least 3 years.
    Jul 6, 2015. 05:23 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • U.S. crude sinks 7.7% to $52.53 in worst day since April [View news story]
    The movement has very much validated my pair trade call so far:

Declines in CLR have typically been about double those of COP as oil drops, yet on days where it has bounced, CLR has not outperformed COP. That might have been different if oil had really spiked, but that was the one scenario that I was completely willing to rule out.
    Jul 6, 2015. 03:25 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla And Superconductors: Rumors And Realities [View article]
    I saw it and considered editing the article but that would have only delayed publication even further. Since this article is not about ABB, and the sale in no way represents a change to ABB's strategy, I decided it was not worth the additional delay.
    Jul 6, 2015. 01:46 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla And Superconductors: Rumors And Realities [View article]
    Even if Tesla were to go ahead with such a plan, and it might eventually, how much wire is it that you think would be required? STI certainly can not produce at scale yet. No, with Tesla's grid initiatives, I think AMSC's experience would be of much more value.
    Jul 6, 2015. 01:23 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Near-Term Notes For BGC Partners [View article]
    Greek voters have rejected the terms offered by the EU for further bailouts. Here's BBC coverage of it:

Jul 5, 2015. 07:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Near-Term Notes For BGC Partners [View article]
    The first results from the Greek referendum should start to come in tonight. Although I don't see that as being of particular importance for BGC, I'm happy to post updates here so long as there are signs of reader interest.

If you mean ongoing updates on BGCP, though, that would be what my subscription service is for.
    Jul 5, 2015. 09:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Now Is The Time To Buy LG Display [View article]
    I don't recommend putting your email address here, where it would be public to everyone. I'm very anti-spam, and that would be a good way to generate it.

You can click on Send Message, right under Esekla, Contributor, at the top of this comment to send me your email address privately. It will be used to send you info on my service, once, and never for anything else unless you follow up. I'll also send you a message, since you've asked, and you can just reply to that.
    Jul 2, 2015. 12:45 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Pair Trade For Oil E&Ps [View article]
    Despite being ignored by editors, this trade is doing well so far. COP is down about 6% since this article was published, while CLR is down ~13%. That is being particularly exemplified today as news hits oil prices.

Though I'm not so sure that an inventory build ahead of the July 4th holiday should be getting as much reaction as it is...
    Jul 1, 2015. 03:22 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment