Esekla

View Esekla's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Update: Advanced Cell Technology Interim Results And Shelf Offerings [View article]
    Ocata will be presenting at an investor conference in a week:

This doesn't change the fundamentals, nor does the latest article on it here as SA.
    Jul 1, 2015. 02:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Now Is The Time To Buy LG Display [View article]
    Indeed, readers know that I beat the drum on OLED at much less than half its current price. Valuation was the most important point, just before it took off. There, as here, though, there was an argument for technology-fueled growth as well as value.
    Jul 1, 2015. 12:47 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Now Is The Time To Buy LG Display [View article]
    If the stock was priced at $19 tomorrow, without anything else changing, I would consider it at least fully valued, but I consider this a long-term investment and the fundamental outlook shifts with new developments. I update these and do personalized Q&A in my subscription service. Click on "Send Message" next to my name and provide an email address for details.
    Jul 1, 2015. 12:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Now Is The Time To Buy LG Display [View article]
    In this case, as outlined in the article, strong USD is a tailwind for the business, and thus for shareholders. The price movement from arbitrage is buying and selling from parties who wind up holding no position at all in the stock, so it truly should be ignored in fundamental analysis and seen as an opportunity for entry.
    Jul 1, 2015. 11:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Near-Term Notes For BGC Partners [View article]
    For those who haven't seen Greece has officially defaulted, and only then, bizarrely agreed to any terms. That won't do the country any good at this point, and the next step is the referendum on July 5.

Bloomberg has a good article giving the like time line from here:

Jul 1, 2015. 11:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Now Is The Time To Buy LG Display [View article]
    There are limits to ASP decline too, and I think we are already seeing some signs of stabilization. For LG, though, rebound in ASP will come from the shift to higher margin products, where there is little or no competition.
    Jul 1, 2015. 11:11 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Now Is The Time To Buy LG Display [View article]
    I agree that the figures from the report don't make sense in this respect. Even if we took it to mean that 28% of LG's shipments were AMOLED models, that would come to 780K, which is too high to be believed.
    Jul 1, 2015. 11:08 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Near-Term Notes For BGC Partners [View article]
    With Greece likely to default in less than an hour BGC has reported that they expect to hit the mid-point of guidance (which is for substantial growth) despite currency headwinds.
    Jun 30, 2015. 05:11 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken Update: EOG Well Pad Produces Revenue Over $200 Million In 2.5 Years [View article]
    Any idea on how feasible it is to replicate these results to other geographies? You say others are copying EOG's well designs, but I think the approach needs to change as the rock does.

In any case, it's clear EOG is leading. For those who want to focus on shale (my purposes were different), I had suggested pairing EOG against CLR:

Jun 30, 2015. 10:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Now Is The Time To Buy LG Display [View article]
    A report from Sigmaintell Consulting says global LCD TV panel unit shipments grew, with LG Display of course leading in market share. In particular, 4K screens are taking off, confirming my predictions. What will be left out of the headlines, though, is that 28% of 4K shipments used LGD's WOLED architecture, and that share is expected to increase to 35% this year. This is faster than I was anticipating, and it's great news for LG Display.

Jun 30, 2015. 10:29 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Citi, Manulife, Nasdaq OMX among Barclays' top picks in financials [View news story]
    If you like Nasdaq, in the face of Greek default, then you pretty much have to like where they got some of their technology from even better. Nasdaq is still paying for that technology, so all the same talking points apply, but you get over 3 times the yield.

Jun 29, 2015. 05:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Near-Term Notes For BGC Partners [View article]
    I think they are another area where top-notch management shines.
    Jun 29, 2015. 11:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Pair Trade For Oil E&Ps [View article]
    While some may be pushing to ban fracking, I don't think that's a serious threat. What is a threat is increased costs for frackers in situations where public opinion takes away injection wells as an option, and liability in cases where that option has already been used. Even the Zeits article referenced by Craig acknowledges that frackers may already own some liability.
    Jun 29, 2015. 10:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Share Your Best Pair Trade And Compete For Big Prizes [View article]
    Brendan, I agree that the contests should be minimally restrictive in accepting entries. However, I think the contest results show that it makes sense to get as much info about what editors are thinking as possible. While the 2nd and 3rd place winners seem to qualify at a glance, the 1st place winner is an example of out of the box thinking on what constitutes a pair trade, to put it euphemistically. There are so many uncorrelated variables that are not specific to either company yet relevant to the individual outcomes that it would not come close to qualifying as a pair trade at any institution I've ever been associated with.

For that reason, I think it's important to get as much info as possible on what the Editors are actually thinking in these contests, which divert so much available compensation from articles with potentially higher quality investment ideas.
    Jun 29, 2015. 09:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Pair Trade For Oil E&Ps [View article]
    I read Richard's article before we embarked on this exercise. I find it curious that you cite it since it really highlights the increasing risk for Oklahoma frackers. I agree that we're at least not appreciating one another's points. I think the details you point out are valid and well-intended, but not terribly important from an investment perspective. My only intention was to give some additional data points on changing academic and public opinion. I think those are relevant, and I'm not sure the details you're bringing up really change that much. Like I said at the opening of this article, sometimes investors over-complicate things.
    Jun 27, 2015. 10:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment