Esekla

View Esekla's Comments BY TICKER:
  • And they're off: Telecom groups sue FCC over net neutrality [View news story]
    You may not realize it but the data you're presenting actually strengthens bio's argument, rather than weakening it.
    Apr 14, 2015. 11:15 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rosenblatt: InvenSense won't lose "meaningful" S6 share to STM [View news story]
    Kudos to you, Samu, for being the first to point out this analyst's record.

Jhonsa also has a point in that it was almost certainly the gapped open that triggered the INVN rise today, and that in turn was caused by the upgrade, even if most people weren't aware of that cause immediately.

My point is that trigger and motivation are the not always the same. Normally, an analyst upgrade like this would have a very limited and temporary affect, but broader and expanding awareness the fundamental factors are likely to make this move far larger and more sustainable than it would be if the upgrade was all there were to it.

I'll try to get an article explaining more fully for SA's readers submitted on Wednesday or Thursday, and we'll see what they choose do with it. The last one was almost rejected.
    Apr 14, 2015. 11:11 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • And they're off: Telecom groups sue FCC over net neutrality [View news story]
    Wires should be managed at the same level as local streets. I agree that having the FCC manage them is undesirable, but not nearly as undesirable as what the telecoms are trying to do.
    Apr 14, 2015. 10:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that the upgrade shouldn't have been covered.

I also think, from looking at the market data, that it's pretty likely that people started getting caught up on the news over the weekend, which Mr. Blair still seems to have missed. Those people were hoping to avoid chasing the stock while there was little media coverage, but the game is up now. So, my own take is that OIS and other news provided most of the real motivation, but reasonable minds can disagree.
    Apr 14, 2015. 07:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Yes, as others have commented elsewhere, this analyst has actually been pretty consistently and spectacularly wrong, as well as behind. I understand the editors *think* the upgrade is what's moving the stock, and they may be right, but the OIS win was discussed in my most recent INVN article a month ago,

and confirmed by me elsewhere last week, though it got no coverage here or in the media. I'll submit a new article when time allows.
    Apr 14, 2015. 06:58 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • InvenSense: MWC And Apple's Media Event [View article]
    Rosenblatt has upgraded INVN with a price target of $20 (from $15). From what I can tell, the reasoning appears to be some of what I sent to subscribers last week.
    Apr 14, 2015. 10:33 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Corning goes after OLED lighting market with Willow Glass [View news story]
    That makes even less sense than Apple buying Tesla. Corning has derived success from relentlessly innovating around its core competencies, which have nothing at all to do with UDC's.
    Apr 14, 2015. 09:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Corning goes after OLED lighting market with Willow Glass [View news story]
    Several of my articles have documented how the OLED lighting market is coming along faster than anticipated, in particular the most recent Pro article and this one:

However, investors should expect that any measurable impact is still at least a couple of years out. Competition from other cutting edge technologies isn't standing still either, though the use cases are somewhat different. OLED adoption represents something of a threat to Corning in other areas as the latest screens use plastic substrates rather than display glass, though both are viable.
    Apr 14, 2015. 07:20 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • HBO welcomes 'Game of Thrones' crowds; Sling TV stumbles [View news story]
    Hmm, this is one of the few cases where online piracy isn't a valid act of Civil Disobedience

Apr 13, 2015. 05:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Reuters: ConocoPhillips planning U.S. asset sales [View news story]
    So much for all that market chatter on shale plays that were going to get bought by the majors!
    Apr 13, 2015. 12:32 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Universal Display: Opportunities And Threats [View article]
    Not that I know of, but companies typically don't comment on development stage competing technologies.
    Apr 11, 2015. 08:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Microvision Deja Vu [View article]
    Before the revenue that has already been announced starts to flow through to earnings, or a new product or customer announcement, just to name a few possibilities.
    Apr 11, 2015. 08:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • InvenSense: MWC And Apple's Media Event [View article]
    Click on Send Message, right under my name, and send an email address. It will not be given out or used for anything other than sending you a single email about the service.
    Apr 10, 2015. 07:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • InvenSense: MWC And Apple's Media Event [View article]
    Yes, subscribers were notified of this and more earlier today. As I've said many times, though, I see the Watch as being more of a psychological factor than an actual boost to earnings.
    Apr 10, 2015. 07:22 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • InvenSense: MWC And Apple's Media Event [View article]
    I just sent an update to subscribers today on pretty much all of the InvenSense stuff you mention above. Also, if you were listening to me last summer, you would have taken your profits on INVN and had your perfect record double. Although I was out a bit before the top, my results from sticking to a fundamental forward-value viewpoint on INVN are far better than doubling my money.
    Apr 10, 2015. 05:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment