Esekla

View Esekla's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Universal Display +6%; Samsung reportedly ups S6 production [View news story]
    The other driver is likely anticipation of confirmation of an AMOLED display in Apple's Watch, after it has been torn down next month. I think I was the first to note that this is all but certain, and other analysts have come to agree.

That said, I think both the S6 and the Watch are being overrated compared to their fundamental impact on OLED, which could see a retreat similar to the one that I predicted for INVN following confirmation of its Apple deal. See commentary relating to UDC in my latest InvenSense article for more on that.
    Mar 12, 2015. 12:55 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Getting In On The Ground Floor With GFI Group [View article]
    The story began by this article has come to a close one year and five months after publication. Although GFIG will continue to trade on the open market, its value is now effectively determined by majority owner BGC Partners. As with any good story, there have been twists and turns. Although the article correctly predicted, by name, the software divisions that GFI would attempt to sell off, I never imagined that would come as part of an attempt to take the rest of the company private.

That would have been a sweetheart deal for management, but a relatively poor value for common shareholders, as was recognized by BGC:

Including dividends, common shareholders who followed my lead and tendered shares have now realized a 56% annualized (almost 80% absolute) gain on GFIG since the publication. While this return is less than for many of my other calls, it would have been significantly higher if not for the opposition and delay from GFI management. In particular, shareholders could have received an additional 10 cents per share, over a month earlier, if management had simply managed to meet and accept the offer that common shareholders eventually took anyway.

As I've written elsewhere, the path to success is rarely a straight line. While GFI's story has reached its denouement, the main opportunity presented by this article continues. The conversion of the manual brokerage business to fully electronic and cleared trading under SEFs, as mandated by regulation in both the U.S. and E.U., has been generating positive results for BGC for the past few quarters. That trend should intensify with acquisition of GFI, as covered by my BGCP articles.

It's rare for a sequel to be better than the original, but I think that will be the case here.
    Mar 12, 2015. 10:12 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • InvenSense +4.7%; SA author likes new products, Apple/Samsung momentum [View news story]
    Not in any significant way. See this comment for more color:

Mar 11, 2015. 08:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • InvenSense: MWC And Apple's Media Event [View article]
    My list of articles on SeekingAlpha can be found here:

Many more are covered via my subscription service and private website. I also do personalized Q&A that way.
    Mar 11, 2015. 04:15 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • InvenSense: MWC And Apple's Media Event [View article]
    My SA article list can be found here:

Mar 11, 2015. 04:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nasdaq taking on CME and ICE with energy futures market [View news story]
    This market seems ripe for disruption. As commented in some of my articles, my sources have indicated that the incumbents were NOT getting good value for their technology dollars. Nasdaq seems closer to the opposite end of that spectrum.
    Mar 11, 2015. 04:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: ExOne Introduces Innovent [View article]
    On the other hand, I did just get a mention in a Breaking News item, after the article was initially rejected. That was after Editor feedback undeniably helped to improve the article, too. Predicting stocks is much easier than predicting SA, so you never know, things may get better.
    Mar 11, 2015. 03:16 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Bloomberg: "Shale is going on sale" [View news story]
    I think it's a bit of a game of chicken. Sure big players will want to look long term, but just like the boom cycle favors first in, the bust cycle favors last in. It's only a matter of months since things even began to fall apart, and majors are just starting to admit that it's going to last years, not months. So to my mind, there's little thought being given to whether or not to buy at current prices. The question is more like, buy at half of current prices, or buy at the fire sale.
    Mar 11, 2015. 03:12 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • InvenSense: MWC And Apple's Media Event [View article]
    17% is the most recent net margin.

Since you don't want a link, I won't go looking for where I documented that, but in general its pointless asking me to copy information rather than linking to it. The latter is the right way to do things as it documents the time, place and source.
    Mar 11, 2015. 03:07 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks very much for the mention!

Before MWC, I had worried about further perceived competition (see past articles) at MWC, but now, there's little in the way of catalysts for short sellers to hope for between here and earnings.
    Mar 11, 2015. 02:58 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: ExOne Introduces Innovent [View article]
    Unlikely. I will comment in my subscription service, but SA pays less and less while simultaneously becoming progressively harder to work with.
    Mar 11, 2015. 12:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GFI Group Comes To Terms With BGC Partners [View article]
    Here's a link:

I see this as not particularly significant, just part of BGC realizing value and focusing on transitioning the brokerage business to electronic, with the SEF.
    Mar 11, 2015. 10:40 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • GFI Group Comes To Terms With BGC Partners [View article]
    Link to sources, please.
    Mar 11, 2015. 09:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Advanced Cell Technology Interim Results And Shelf Offerings [View article]
    One day of advance notice for a quarterly report?

Huh, I guess they're new to this.
    Mar 11, 2015. 09:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Broader Effects Of Imminent Sales Tax Reform [View article]
    The next step might be to "incentivize" "voluntary" collection on behalf of the state.
    Mar 5, 2015. 07:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment