Esekla

View Esekla's Comments BY TICKER:
  • ISS recommends vote against CME/GFI Group merger [View news story]
    New update in my latest article:

Jan 22, 2015. 03:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: BGC Increases Tender Offer For GFI Group Again [View article]
    Glass Lewis is the latest to recommend that GFIG shareholders vote AGAINST the "flawed and conflicted" CME transaction.

Jan 22, 2015. 03:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: ExOne Q3'14 Conference Call Takeaways [View article]
    "Fast-tracked" about an hour ago. We'll see how long SA takes to process it.
    Jan 22, 2015. 02:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: ExOne Q3'14 Conference Call Takeaways [View article]
    Yes, I'm putting together an Update article on it now.
    Jan 22, 2015. 12:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Why InvenSense Is Falling While Other Chip Stocks Rise [View article]
    I don't see unusual sales, nor do I think it was management that hyped the stock prior to Apple deal. They were quite low key about it, actually. Inventory management was problematic, and we may have wished for a better deal with Apple. Nonetheless, having volume across this array of customers is valuable, and it will show.

I agree that it will take a while for INVN to sustainably hit new highs, but people who bought near the highs weren't heeding my articles. Furthermore, people who pay taxes on their capital gains want to get in at the lowest point that's at least 1 year in advance of new highs. If you really think the upcoming report will be worse than the last, then this won't be that point, but I don't think you've made a very good argument for that.
    Jan 22, 2015. 12:07 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: BGC Increases Tender Offer For GFI Group Again [View article]
    A third bidder seems unlikely to me, but who knows. Gooch and company will get whatever they can, however they can, though. That much seems clear.
    Jan 21, 2015. 11:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Universal Display's Second Largest Customer Halts Production Due To Accident [View article]
    Sumitomo will pay a license fee in order to use technologies covered by UDC patents.
    Jan 21, 2015. 06:23 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Sumitomo Chemical has signed a new licensing agreement with UDC for use in solid state lighting:

As I've been saying for a while now, the lighting market has been coming along much quicker than expected, with Konica Minolta ramping up production, LG reporting 80% yields, and products now available in Home Depot.
    Jan 21, 2015. 04:24 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: ExOne Q3'14 Conference Call Takeaways [View article]
    While I could agree that XONE represents a better "value", that's sort of like the old saying "it's better than a sharp stick in the eye." My original XONE article and subsequent comments advised that buyout rumors of any sort are usually best ignored:

Jan 21, 2015. 01:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Why InvenSense Is Falling While Other Chip Stocks Rise [View article]
    Yes, my original prediction was for 60M, in InvenSense in the Short and Long Terms but comments in that article referenced sales projections as high as 71.5M from Ming-Chi Kuo.

Of course, that would bode well for InvenSense, and it's quite possible that short sellers could be left holding the bag.
    Jan 21, 2015. 12:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ISS recommends vote against CME/GFI Group merger [View news story]
    As noted in the comments of my BGCP article, shareholder who take this advice and tender their GFIG shares to BGC automatically reap the benefits of price increases. The fact that GFI management's latest increased bid came in the form of forgoing compensation indicates that they are close to the end of their rope in their attempt to take the most valuable part of the company private without appropriately compensating shareholders.
    Jan 21, 2015. 11:00 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: BGC Increases Tender Offer For GFI Group Again [View article]
    Institutional Shareholder Services has joined me in recommending that GFIG shareholders tender their shares:

Jan 21, 2015. 10:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Why InvenSense Is Falling While Other Chip Stocks Rise [View article]
    I don't see any fundamental news behind today's 5%+ jump, but then again, I thought the decline was completely unwarranted as well. It looks to me like its just a lot of repositioning ahead of earnings next Thursday.
    Jan 21, 2015. 10:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amazon Delta: One Last Hope Or The End Of An Era? [View article]
    I very much doubt that we'll see any significant tax reform in the next two years. The State of the Union address from Obama, and the response from Congress, indicates to me that the two completely different approaches. While there could be middle ground, both sides seem intent on moving away from it.
    Jan 21, 2015. 09:02 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Broader Effects Of Imminent Sales Tax Reform [View article]
    The state of the union address indicates, to me at least, that we won't see any real tax reform for at least another two years. Obama and Congress have two completely different approaches and while there could be middle ground, neither side seems inclined to find it.
    Jan 21, 2015. 08:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment