Esekla

View Esekla's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Update: ExOne Q3'14 Conference Call Takeaways [View article]
    That would definitely depend on personal details, so we should discuss off line.
    Jun 3, 2015. 12:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: ExOne Q3'14 Conference Call Takeaways [View article]
    Well, I have written more recent XONE articles than this one, the latest of which is here:

Reading that and the comments may give a better idea of my general outlook.
    Jun 3, 2015. 12:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: ExOne Q3'14 Conference Call Takeaways [View article]
    Yes, shorted float of XONE has been consistently high, and there are reasons to believe that is real. Note, however, that such information is always out of date and frequently not indicative. See the first article in this series for some pointers as to why:

A full discussion of the market dynamics here is beyond the scope of a comment. I updated subscribers on the risk possibilities when XONE postponed its first quarter report due to accounting issues. That report is now scheduled for June 11.
    Jun 2, 2015. 03:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • InvenSense, By The Numbers [View article]
    I do, and the timing is something I've commented on to subscribers. For me, the recent single-digit percentage decline is less worrisome than when I had no position in the stock and was waiting on the correction, and risking missing out on a great long-term future.

Also, with regard to another INVN article, SA has announced yet another contest, and that's where they throw the lion's share of compensation. Consequently, if I publish anything here soon, it will be what editors want, rather than what I think is best from an investing perspective.
    Jun 1, 2015. 11:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What The Most Recent Report Says About Microvision Management [View article]
    An update was sent this morning to subscribers about the announcement of a new product initiative that seems to feature Microvision technology. Message me privately with an email address to subscribe.
    May 28, 2015. 12:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • American Superconductor beats by $0.01, beats on revenue [View news story]
    The company changed its name from American Superconductor a long time ago.
    May 28, 2015. 09:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • InvenSense, By The Numbers [View article]
    I'm still covering INVN, and in fact the latest of many updates on the market dynamics and upcoming Google I/O event went out to subscribers just this morning. I had said I'd try to get another article out this month, but that might slip. Summer is typically a slow time both for stocks and publishing, and SA's policies on article compensation seem only to get more vague and less rewarding, at least for me. At the moment, I'm more focused on writing up a new pick list stock for subscribers before the related events unfold.
    May 27, 2015. 01:42 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • North Dakota Acreage, Better Completion Design Will Accelerate Continental's Margin Growth [View article]
    "oil prices are in recovery mode"

I'm not sure what the means in quantified terms, but I'm pretty sure it's just what CLR investors need to believe.
    May 27, 2015. 10:47 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Give Up On Continental Resources, But Also Consider The Risk [View article]
    What would constitute giving up? Never looking at the stock again?

Even if the author had not ignored the mountain of debt on the balance sheet, I don't think he need worry. Those still holding the stock with WTI at $58.63 are clearly willing to continue doing so, regardless of the evidence.
    May 26, 2015. 10:56 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Himax +5.5%; Samsung reportedly upping driver orders [View news story]
    This doesn't mean that the original news was wrong, in means TheStreet made (yet another) error in reporting it. HIMX is a new addition to my pick list regardless.
    May 24, 2015. 08:14 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Continental Resources - Why Investors Can Expect More Upside [View article]
    This article is more balanced than some I have read, but the crux of it is that oil prices will rebound quickly. I think that argument is incorrect. Given the breakneck pace of drilling through last year, production will remain fairly high. The 23 week lag time cited here is the wrong figure; it's the life cycle of wells that should be looked at, since one wells are drilled they continue to produce for far longer, and shale is just part of that equation.

Furthermore, I see no chance of the oil export ban actually being lifted in advance of the 2016 election, simply to due to election politics. Even if it were lifted, its not at all clear what the impact on oil prices would be. Hamm has cited $70 WTI (it's currently at $59.63) as the level the company needs, but the better run majors have pretty much all agreed that oil prices will remain depressed for an extended period. Thus, I interpret Continental's complete lack of price hedges as desperation in the face of the balance sheet issues mentioned here. Why hedge if hedging still wouldn't prevent failure?
    May 22, 2015. 02:41 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GFI Group Comes To Terms With BGC Partners [View article]
    This is of zero fundamental relevance, but definitely worth a laugh...

Gooch tries to backtrack on statements made before he started working as part of BGC:

It's noteworthy, that despite pre-takeover statements there was zero turnover amongst the brokers as of the last earnings call.

It's also an uncharacteristically terrible bit of reporting by Bloomberg. The summary of the business at the end is dated. The main opportunity here continues to be the transition of that old-school business model to higher margin electronic trading.
    May 21, 2015. 11:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Europe's oil giants look to add unified voice to climate debate [View news story]
    Presumably they'll be more subtle about it than Hamm was

I'm not sure the science will be any better, though.
    May 20, 2015. 11:20 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Universal Display higher amid Apple speculation [View news story]
    I'd dispute your claim that UDC owns all, or even most, OLED-related patents, if it was worth the time. My first thought was that it's comments and news items like this that degrade the general quality of SA, but maybe your comment is actually a useful sign of something else...
    May 20, 2015. 03:38 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Universal Display higher amid Apple speculation [View news story]
    Sorry, I did not mean to disparage and made no direct reference to my own work. I simply meant to note that if that's what's moving the stock, it is unwarranted, and that I don't want to see a rehash of a rehash article that I glanced over this morning in my news feed hours later. If that's how it's going to be, though, and SA News Editors are uninterested in what one of their readers want, I can always unsubscribe.
    May 20, 2015. 01:13 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment