Esekla

View Esekla's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Hess: Cost Cuts And Model Optimization [View article]
    Yeah, that price of the oil in the ground is a tricky one. Many don't seem to be properly accounting for the idea that which ground it's in make a big difference.
    May 4, 2015. 10:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • InvenSense, By The Numbers [View article]
    If you say so... I found it very interesting and not at all bad, but I have no interest in changing your mind.
    May 4, 2015. 09:14 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pioneer Natural sinks 2.5% as Einhorn slams PXD, other frackers [View news story]
    ARGGHGH! If all you have is a tweet, which contains absolutely zero useful content to link to, label it as such!
    May 4, 2015. 12:44 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • InvenSense Earnings Preview: 3 Key Items [View article]
    Agree that Apple wants to do it all themselves. That's why the OIS in the iPhone 6plus compares so unfavorably to the Galaxy S6 in a side by side demonstration:

May 4, 2015. 12:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BGC Partners Continues To Fire On All Cylinders [View article]
    Thanks. I do understand where the figure of speech comes from. Things are just very busy lately. I'll see if they'll change it. Hopefully, it's less important than being correct in my projections :)
    May 4, 2015. 11:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Hess: Cost Cuts And Model Optimization [View article]
    I agree on the balance sheet, but that's about as far as it goes. Saying management is "competent" is being nice. As detailed in my Pro article, management focused on the Bakken at exactly the wrong time. They have been and continue to be reactive rather than proactive, as evidenced by the CapEx reductions.

Compare to Conoco (COP) which offers over THREE TIMES the dividend yield, and was foresighted enough to divest ahead of the oil crash, and cut CapEx much earlier and more drastically while maintaining production. Hess has (temporarily?) squeezed service providers and is engaging in financial engineering to survive, while Conoco is doing real engineering by pioneering new technologies to sustainably reduce production costs:

In summary, though Hess has cut about $2 per barrel from its production costs, that is mostly a one-off, and the best estimates I've seen indicate that it would have to save 10 times that to actually be in a healthy position. Thus, the balance sheet at Hess will continue to erode over the next year or more, and management will have little choice but to continue play defense in order to stick to its commitment to maintaining the credit rating and paltry dividend. I agree that Hess will survive, but it simply is not always true that whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. The maiming has just begun to show, and that will become more clear as Hess turns in more quarters like this last one.
    May 4, 2015. 04:38 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Revenue Drivers For Interactive Brokers [View article]
    The CEO made it clear on the last call that they intend to continue with the market making business.
    May 4, 2015. 04:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Chevron needs to boost cash flow to cover its dividend, CFO says [View news story]
    So it begins. It will take a while to play out, but methinks there are plenty of other out there that are worse off than Chevron.
    May 1, 2015. 04:19 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple Won't Have A $1 Trillion Market Capitalization Any Time Soon [View article]

The author's explanation is far from clear to me, but my guess is he and the chart are incorrectly using floating shares instead of outstanding, and that's why he thinks buybacks change market cap. SA does no fact checking, so you see these sort of errors all the time.

There are too many comments and too much nonsense for me to keep following this, but you can always ask a question in one of my articles if you want further response from me.
    May 1, 2015. 01:18 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    This is the part that still worries me. Apple has such a high percentage of institutional investors that it will always be feast or famine. So retail investors, who don't realize that, barring dilution from Apple, market cap and stock price are the exact same thing, are still likely to be out in the cold when the titanic starts trying to avoid an iceberg.
    May 1, 2015. 11:36 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GFI Group Comes To Terms With BGC Partners [View article]
    A new Pro article has been published. It should be available by 2pm today.
    May 1, 2015. 10:24 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • InvenSense, By The Numbers [View article]
    Yes, I finally saw what he was talking about late last night. Your interpretation is probably correct, but I may have had a break through on this. It doesn't affect earnings, in any case, so I will wait until at least after that before commenting to non-subscribers, and try to gather evidence in the meantime.
    May 1, 2015. 10:13 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • InvenSense, By The Numbers [View article]
    I commented on the STMicro call to subscribers earlier today, but briefly...

I think your assertion is incorrect, and that you are confusing a pressure sensor or other part. Here is the link to the call transcript that you should have included, so that readers can see for themselves:

Apr 30, 2015. 11:38 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • InvenSense Guidance For Fiscal Year 2016 Means Everything [View article]
    SA likes euphemism, especially towards other contributors. Besides, go back and look at the prior two INVN articles... you don't think this one was better... by comparison? My only statements about this one were relative to those.

As for divining the reasoning of others, I try to avoid wasting time on that, especially if their arguments and responses lack substance. On that note, I'm checking out of this article. You can always ask further questions in one of my own articles, or let me know if this author manages to come up with the calculations behind the article he's just written.
    Apr 30, 2015. 04:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Yes, I had thought that results from the last two reports would have a bigger impact:

but I have to hand it to AAPL investors, who appear to be appropriately cautious.
    Apr 30, 2015. 12:25 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment