Esekla

View Esekla's Comments BY TICKER:
  • InvenSense: More On The iPhone Teardowns [View article]
    Yes, it's possible that OIS is in the MP67B. If so, though, that would argue for my higher pricing on the part. I doubt we'll know anytime soon.
    Sep 24 01:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • InvenSense: More On The iPhone Teardowns [View article]
    I think I just speculated that it was in the camera module, so I'm not sure what doesn't make sense. Really the only point of my comment, though, was to answer a question, by essentially saying, "it's not from InvenSense so I don't really know or care where it is."

Unless you're saying the 2-axis chip in the camera module is from InvenSense, then I don't really think here is the place to discuss it. So far, I think the MP67B is the only InvenSense part in the iPhones.
    Sep 24 12:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • InvenSense: More On The iPhone Teardowns [View article]
    It does not include the watch, as that's not even shipping until next year and I have no guesses as to how many they'll sell. I am confident that InvenSense will be in it, though.
    Sep 24 10:54 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • InvenSense: More On The iPhone Teardowns [View article]
    Yeah, many were annoyed about it, but I've seen these market setups too many times not have issued warnings. Hopefully that's all behind us now. I'm really looking forward to the next earnings report.
    Sep 24 10:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • InvenSense And The iPhone Tear-Downs [View article]
    Again, just huh?

InvenSense revenues are already several times the $66M figure you quote, so I thought maybe you meant earnings instead, but your figures don't work out there either. Maybe you're inputting quarterly numbers instead of yearly?

Please comment in the new article going forward.

In the meantime, all I can respond with is, garbage in -> garbage out.
    Sep 24 04:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • InvenSense: More On The iPhone Teardowns [View article]
    The acquisiton impact is still out there, and should show up in the next earnings report. I've calculated it in prior articles at about $1 per share, and it will eventually pay long-term gains. The hit to the balance sheet is currently dwarfed by the opportunity from the misguided sell-off.

Now that Intel is testing the wearable waters with MICA, one has to wonder if my acquisition musings will come back into play if this INVN pricng persists.

I hope not! Last time I was correct about a buyout, it turned into quite the fiasco:

I don't think InvenSense management is anywhere near that slimy, but investors still typically lose bigger long-term gains for lesser shorter-term ones in large buyouts.
    Sep 24 04:05 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • InvenSense: More On The iPhone Teardowns [View article]
    Yes, it is certainly not evidence of dual sourcing for the iPhone6 models. Baird is simply being (intentionally?) dense/vague.

FWIW (not much), Chipworks said they did some tests on the Bosch chip, and it seemed NOT to be an altitude sensor.
    Sep 24 03:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • InvenSense: More On The iPhone Teardowns [View article]
    Yeah, I don't favor that interpretation over mine. The timing just doesn't figure, and while you might not think analysts assigned to the company would make this blatant a mistake, you probably haven't worked with with them 8-}
    Sep 24 03:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • InvenSense: More On The iPhone Teardowns [View article]
    I don't know, but we can infer that InvenSense didn't get it because both models have the same InvenSense chip but only the 6plus has OIS.

People were thinking OIS in the 6plus is done by Apple software, but I don't think there's any word on exactly where that resides. Maybe baked into the iSight camera package?
    Sep 24 03:46 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • InvenSense Remains A Solid Long-Term Investment [View article]
    Very good point, to detail the growth prospects from China. I think InvenSense has already done a pretty good job of diversifying revenue, but that will help further. As I point out in my Pro article, which is still public, the pace of China's LTE rollout will even be a major factor for the impact of the Apple deal. It's still too early to measure that exactly, but both my recent articles start sketching out the broad strokes.
    Sep 24 03:20 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • InvenSense And The iPhone Tear-Downs [View article]
    I submitted an Update article to cover all that's happened since the original teardown, but they didn't list it as an update:

Regardless, that article will stay public, so it makes sense to transition comments there.
    Sep 23 10:26 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Universal Display, Apple And The Future Of Displays [View article]
    It's still tough to judge at this point. Developments have been coming along much faster than expected, but I'm still shading more towards seeing revenue start to ramp in the 12-24 month period rather than 0-12. I certainly don't have any firm numbers yet, other than to say that the TAM is huge.
    Sep 23 07:25 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Stratasys closes GrabCAD acquisition, expands UPS deal [View news story]
    Umm, sorry.... Why exactly is UPS offering 3D printing services? To provide customized packing materials, or just because it's cool? Has anyone ever seen anything about how profitable these services are expected to be? The linked article certainly doesn't indicate that as a consideration.
    Sep 23 04:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • InvenSense And The iPhone Tear-Downs [View article]
    I disagree. InvenSense is a fabless chip manufacturer. A Forward PE of 40 would pretty much never be appropriate. Nonetheless, I think the upside that I have projected is VERY achievable.
    Sep 23 03:19 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Cenovus & ConocoPhillips: FCCL Partnership Is Powering Inter Pipeline's Stock Higher [View article]
    @Michael, in a previous article you recommended buying this stock on the Toronto exchange rather than OTC in the U.S. I think that was merely due to the liquidity, and that you also mentioned regulation that allowed the IPL to be bought on TSE even in a retirement account. Can you please confirm and repeat, maybe linking to info on the retirement regulation?
    Sep 23 02:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment