Esekla

View Esekla's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Why Apple Won't Have A $1 Trillion Market Capitalization Any Time Soon [View article]
    Yes, I had thought that results from the last two reports would have a bigger impact:

but I have to hand it to AAPL investors, who appear to be appropriately cautious.
    Apr 30, 2015. 12:25 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • InvenSense Guidance For Fiscal Year 2016 Means Everything [View article]
    What you're missing is the market dynamics, which I had predicted would leave the stock range bound for quite a while.

My most recent article predicts that is about to end.
    Apr 30, 2015. 11:05 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • InvenSense, By The Numbers [View article]
    Steve and I both commented above.
    Apr 30, 2015. 10:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Important Points From Camtek's Earnings Report Aren't In The Numbers [View article]
    Over one year later, I think the point of these articles has been validated. Camtek reported earnings this morning,

and still has a single penny of EPS on essentially flat revenue of $21.75M, both of which miss analyst estimates.
    Apr 30, 2015. 09:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • InvenSense Guidance For Fiscal Year 2016 Means Everything [View article]
    Actually there is, I've seen one. It flopped and was discontinued. That's probably why the current offering is not actually called iWatch.
    Apr 30, 2015. 01:00 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • InvenSense Guidance For Fiscal Year 2016 Means Everything [View article]
    Matt, I like this one best of your articles on InvenSense to date, especially since you've now matched my price target. I have a few questions though:

1) You seem to be at least implying that guidance will be indicative of whether or not an iPhone 6S (assuming there will be such a thing) uses InvenSense. However, it's very possible that InvenSense doesn't know that at this point. One might think that management has learned a lesson about counting chickens...

2) You say, "InvenSense's ASP on the iPhone 6 is less than the iPhone 6 Plus." Can you cite any support for that statement? My understanding is that they use exactly the same part. While you're at it, I'd like to see explanation or a link to the source on your 70% older models claim for the first 3 months of 2015 in the same paragraph. Linking to sources is important!

3) Although I'm bullish on InvenSense, your ASP to Apple is a little above the top end of my range. Again, I wonder what your source or calculation is for that. Mine is provided here:

and linked to in other articles that reference the number.

I'm also not ready to assume they'll get an OIS slot with Apple. I don't know whether or not you're aware, but the 6Plus already features, OIS, but is not using an InvenSense part dedicated to it. True, the OIS in the Galaxy S6, which does use InvenSense, clearly outperforms the 6Plus, as per the "demonstrated" link in my most recent article

So maybe that will pressure Apple to switch, but I rather doubt it. That would probably throw your projected ASP numbers off too.

None of this is meant to detract from a good article on the current situation. I just want to learn, if I'm missing something. Hopefully you can respond on each point, but I think the most important of them for InvenSense investors is #1. Guidance will certainly be important, but I, for one, hope that InvenSense guides conservatively rather than guessing. Your definition of "momentum" differs quite a bit from mine. I'd say that InvenSense has a lot of sentiment associated with it, and if that causes a mispricing, whether due to misinterpretation of guidance, or another reason, then I'll be happy for the opportunity.
    Apr 30, 2015. 12:22 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • InvenSense Guidance For Fiscal Year 2016 Means Everything [View article]
    You haven't been keeping up on the comments in my article, BuffaloMan:

Both Chipworks and I were wrong about the InvenSense being in the Apple Watch.
    Apr 29, 2015. 11:27 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Big day for BGC Partners after strong results and guidance [View news story]
    Pro article on the way...
    Apr 29, 2015. 04:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GFI Group Comes To Terms With BGC Partners [View article]
    Note that my earlier Pro article called this morning's dividend increase exactly, but this morning's report goes way beyond that.
    Apr 29, 2015. 11:14 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • InvenSense, By The Numbers [View article]
    Well said, and it's actually 90K shares. 50K is the net figure. It's still just a slice of his total position.
    Apr 29, 2015. 11:11 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • BGC Partners EPS in-line, beats on revenue [View news story]
    This news release fails to mention the dividend increase, which was predicted exactly by my Pro article. More to come.
    Apr 29, 2015. 10:05 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Hess swings to loss, cuts 2015 capex by $300M to $4.4B [View news story]
    It's hard to find any silver lining in this. It's an earnings beat due vastly lowered expectations, but it wouldn't have been just weeks ago. Management's plans indicate more pain to come, barring a very sharp rebound in oil prices.
    Apr 29, 2015. 09:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Hess beats by $0.07, beats on revenue [View news story]
    Boy, analyst estimates have really come down. Just a short while ago, when Hess scheduled this call, they were for a loss of 89 cents. Let us hope Hess can get it in gear and start making adjustments for past mistakes. I don't see adequate evidence of that in this report, but we'll see what they say on the conference call. Lowered costs by $2 per barrel? The company would need many times that number. The lowered guidance for CapEx is a joke too. Compare to companies with good management, like Conoco. Full year guidance and pricing assumptions will be critical.
    Apr 29, 2015. 08:04 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • InvenSense, By The Numbers [View article]
    No, for the time being, at least, it's private to subscribers, who are always welcome to continue commenting in my articles here. In fact, they often do.
    Apr 28, 2015. 11:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • InvenSense, By The Numbers [View article]
    JZ, I didn't mean on the same chip. I meant using the functionality in combination, which highlights InvenSense's software initiatives. Read the linked article (and others) for more detail.
    Apr 28, 2015. 10:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment