Esekla

View Esekla's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Universal Display: Opportunities And Threats [View article]
    Sidney, Samsung would not own or control TADF emitter technology, and lines would probably need little or no retrofitting. Also, the RGB approach is superior to WOLED, even if there are still manufacturing issues to be worked out for larger sized screens. That is why even LG is using RGB for mobile devices. So I don't think Samsung is falling behind, I think it is simply choosing to focus where it already has a huge manufacturing lead for now, and assessing the future in determining what do about the expiration its UDC contract in about a year and a half. Finally, I think it's misguided to view LG and Samsung as rivals of the same sort that we would see here in the states. The chaebol may look that way on the surface, but the reality is more like quarrelsome siblings who make a lot of noise, but wind up being forced to cooperate, if only by a parent (in this case the Korean government).

You can dismiss my technological assessment of TDAFs as fear mongering if you like, but I do not find your comparisons to other technologies, most of which I have also covered and made light of, to be very well informed. I am voicing concern here because I see the prospect of TADFs as fundamentally different than the alternatives you mention. Thanks for your comment just the same.
    Mar 25, 2015. 03:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Universal Display: Opportunities And Threats [View article]
    I disagree. The first emitters were being developed alongside surrounding manufacturing processes, which slowed their time to market. The manufacturing has come a long way, though, and that will reduce the time required to be able to sell drop-in replacements. Time will still be required to test, and fiddle with recipes, but I think the pace will be substantially quicker than it was in the very early days.
    Mar 25, 2015. 10:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Universal Display: Opportunities And Threats [View article]
    As mentioned in the article, TADF blue emitters already show the same lifetimes as their phosphorescent counterparts, which was in the the tens of thousands of hours, IIRC. So they've come a long way. While there is certainly still room for improvement, I suspect that most of the problems already have been solved, and the aim of the PHEBE project is simply to bring those disparate solutions together under one project that can bring products to market.
    Mar 25, 2015. 10:48 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Advanced Cell Technology Interim Results And Shelf Offerings [View article]
    I think this morning's announcement that Ocata is going to license technology to generate iPSCs *from* Allele

validates the point of my very first ACT article, which drew quite a furor

Comment there, not here, if you must.
    Mar 24, 2015. 09:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Advanced Cell Technology's Intellectual Property Takes A Hit [View article]
    Many readers took issue with this article due to the issues surrounding the publication of the new researched it discussed. I had always maintained that those issues didn't invalidate the point of this article. I think today's press release from Ocata brings that home:

Mar 24, 2015. 09:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ExOne Inflection Point Slowly Approaching [View article]
    Yes, message me privately with an email address.
    Mar 23, 2015. 05:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • MicroVision: Why We Don't See The Vision [View article]
    Those who read this article may wish to also look at similar projections from the same organization on Universal Display Corp (OLED):

Looking at that comment and searching for the word "Asensio" in order to locate other comments in the same article will give a good case study on a similar situation, as well as a starting point for assessing the background of this source.
    Mar 23, 2015. 02:52 PM | 15 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Microvision Deja Vu [View article]
    There is a new negative piece on MVIS at TheStreetSweeper. For those who don't know, this is a web site backed by Manuel Asensio. SA is very sensitive about contributors criticizing other contributors, so I'll simply point out that readers may wish to to look at this comment

and search by his last name for others in that article in order to judge how accurate similar projections worked out for OLED. They can then determine for themselves how much credence to give this time around.
    Mar 23, 2015. 02:33 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • ExOne Inflection Point Slowly Approaching [View article]
    It puzzles me that a reader of my articles would be long both XONE and VJET

Mar 20, 2015. 11:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GFI Group Comes To Terms With BGC Partners [View article]
    As predicted, GFI intends to delist its stock.

Mar 19, 2015. 04:35 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • ExOne Inflection Point Slowly Approaching [View article]
    Please link to sources rather than or in addition to quoting.
    Mar 19, 2015. 04:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • InvenSense: MWC And Apple's Media Event [View article]
    I saw it. Is this one this on of the analysts that was predicting great things from the original Apple deal? If you look through my articles, you'll see that I wind up disagreeing with analysts on a regular basis.

Note that it's not just the win we disagree on, it's the level of importance. If InvenSense did miss the Watch, I'd be jumping on any disappointment as an opportunity to increase my position.
    Mar 19, 2015. 04:05 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ExOne Inflection Point Slowly Approaching [View article]
    Fair enough. As for the possibility of buyout, I think it's there, but best ignored for reasons discussed in this comment:

Mar 19, 2015. 12:27 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • GFI Group Comes To Terms With BGC Partners [View article]
    Assuming CME would pay at least as much as they were offering before:

$6.10 - 2.75 = $3.35 per share

Terms of the Kyte sale were undisclosed, but we can assume the "net price", if I'm understanding what you were asking, will be below that. Quite the bargain.
    Mar 18, 2015. 10:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GFI Group Comes To Terms With BGC Partners [View article]
    The sale should accrue to GFI, but that's fairly academic since it is a controlled company. I wouldn't be surprised if it only continues as a separate entity while the appropriate parts are still being sold off and integrated. That said, if you want the conservative math, it probably would make sense to divide the amount by the number of BGCP outstanding shares, which is 221.4M. See my first comment in this article for why I didn't consider the calculation very important.
    Mar 18, 2015. 06:54 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment