View Esekla's Comments BY TICKER:

• What The Most Recent Report Says About Microvision Management [View article]
    It's not the presentation I was commenting on, it was the quality of questions from investors and analysts.
    Nov 6, 2015. 12:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Universal Display up 6.3% after posting Q3 beat, margin gains; guidance narrowed [View news story]
    Maybe you didn't listen to the conference call? Management has hyped to an extent typically employed only by dodgy bio-tech startups:

this has always been one of my two primary beefs with the company:

the other is being partially alleviated by the LG Display deal, but the market is missing details from the call on that and many other points. I won't continue to track this news item, so comment in one of my articles if you wish to discuss.
    Nov 6, 2015. 10:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Big beat on jobs number [View news story]
    They are probably too busy selling their stocks. It usually takes the market a little while to absorb the full impact of these things. The turn in futures is likely just the beginning.
    Nov 6, 2015. 09:06 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Continental Resources - Leverage And Poor Realizations Create Above Average Risks [View article]
    Agreed, while some are taking the increased production as a good sign, I see it differently:
    Nov 6, 2015. 08:48 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Clash Of The Titans: Qualcomm Earnings And Beyond [View article]
    I have closed my short position, obviously for enormous annualized gains. There is a point where even a value trap becomes an outright value, and we are nearing it.
    Nov 6, 2015. 08:43 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Should Investors Buy Qualcomm After The Drop? [View article]
    I agree that investors can do better elsewhere, but doing better depends on what your capabilities and tolerances are. There is a point where even a value trap becomes an outright value.

Also, you're wrong to say nobody anticipated this report, I gave clear data on the market dynamics going in, as well as the long term risk reflected in the guidance:
    Nov 6, 2015. 08:41 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Does BlackBerry's Short Interest Tell Us? [View article]
    As someone who's done a lot of study on market dynamics and made someone pretty consistently good calls

I note that while short covering often does indicate a bottom, it also creates TEMPORARY price inflation and that bottoms are often revisited. Given that the bottom was just below 6, and wiith the Priv launching today and markets near all time highs, I'd be more concerned with losing over 25% of my capital than missing out on a rally.
    Nov 6, 2015. 07:59 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Clash Of The Titans: Qualcomm Earnings And Beyond [View article]
    If you could repost your comment here

that would be much appreciated. So far as I can tell, the Gizmodo review which I linked to in that article also, was a defective piece of hardware and an isolated case, but I'd like to survey experiences further.
    Nov 6, 2015. 07:26 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • InvenSense Earnings And Technology Update [View article]
    Yes, I wouldn't be inclined to take MS's word for it, but official statements from the CEO of the company that would know in a conference call are not generally considered speculation and there's not much wiggle room on the interpretation here. STMicro is in the the next Galaxy and has the OnePlus OIS win in China as well. The only question is whether or not InvenSense accounted for this in guidance.
    Nov 6, 2015. 07:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Pair Trade For Oil E&Ps [View article]
    You might note in the disclosure that I only took the short side, and that I closed it for a fabulous annualized profit. SA editors wanted a pair trade, so that's what they got.

That said, Conoco did more than just avoid mistakes. They sold off many assets IN ADVANCE of the oil crash. They've also lead in real production efficiency rather than just learning how to squeeze service suppliers or frack a well faster. As for the valuation, I agree that could have been better done in this article, but I think it is there, mainly from Continental not having marked down any of its resources while most other companies have.

Thanks for reading and commenting!
    Nov 6, 2015. 07:14 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is The Sky The Limit For Amazon, Or Is It This Number? [View article]
    Indeed, and that gives me pause about investor interpretation, if not the actual business. As per the history provided here, that often changes over time, and there are plenty of reality checks on the horizon, but still, your point is well taken.
    Nov 5, 2015. 07:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Qualcomm: Is There Life After Samsung? [View article]
    The real issue for Qualcomm is longer term. It's the royalties associated with the protocols that go into the other chips. Application processors are another trouble point, but a relatively small piece of the puzzle. I documented this along with the dangerous market dynamics before the earnings call and questions on that call indicated that analysts are just catching on:

Nonetheless, even potential value traps become values at some point, and I have an idea what that point is in this case.
    Nov 5, 2015. 02:29 PM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Qualcomm's Results Were Abysmal: Investors Should Evacuate [View article]
    A writer's experience doesn't make him correct or incorrect. I've written about how Qualcomm's historical revenues are under threat and analysts are just coming to realize that now:

comment there if you want to discuss with me, as I won't continue to track this article.
    Nov 5, 2015. 11:23 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What The Most Recent Report Says About Microvision Management [View article]
    I don't know that management was terrified, but I did refer to the call as "amateur hour" in the real-time update, because of some of the questions like that. I notified subscribers long ago that Lenovo appeared to be using a different projector, despite early speculation.
    Nov 5, 2015. 10:27 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Microvision EPS in-line, misses on revenue [View news story]
    I can probably refute that point if you'd care to comment in the article linked above. I don't do that sort of thing in news items, because I don't continue to track them for very long. I always track my own articles and want to keep discussion consolidated for my readers.
    Nov 5, 2015. 10:13 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment