Inside One Of Value Investing's Greatest Minds: Walter Schloss
Wed, Feb. 11 • 1 Comment
- Computers, the internet, or even university are not needed to achieve fantastic investment returns.
- Walter Schloss had none of these, yet wracked up a 16% CAGR over 40 years.
- Investors will benefit enormously from adopting even a handful of core principles from Walter Schloss.
Why You Need To Buy Cheap Stocks In 2015
Oct. 27, 2014 • 11 Comments
- Investing is mostly a game of chance.
- In any game made up mostly of chance, it only pays to focus on what you can control.
- Focus on the process of selecting cheap stocks and you will do very well over time.
How To Make Money Buying Value Traps
- Value traps are value firms that don't rise back up to their assessed intrinsic value.
- Honestly, value traps have gotten a bad rap over the years.
- While not all stocks are a buy, the value trap you're looking at just might be. Here's why.
Have You Been Sucked Into The Warren Buffett Trap?
Aug. 14, 2014 • 20 Comments
- Warren Buffett is one of the best investors of all time.
- Emulating his strategy is a move that could significantly hurt your portfolio's performance, however.
- In the end, even Warren Buffett thinks you should buy classic Ben Graham stocks.
Joel Greenblatt's Forgotten Original Magic Formula
Editors' Pick • Aug. 4, 2014 • 49 Comments
- Over 30 years ago, Joel Greenblatt published a far more profitable magic formula.
- Returns came in at nearly 40% compounded per year.
- But time has buried this exceptional piece of work which now lays forgotten.
- Universal Power Group: Is It As Bad As You Think It Is?
- A Net Net Stock With Explosive Potential