Evan Sundermann

View Evan Sundermann's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Helmrich & Payne: 5 Reasons I'm Buying The Contract Driller's Fundamentals [View article]
    James, thanks for the tip.
    Jan 21 12:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Great detail. Thanks for providing it, Doug.
    Jan 21 12:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 17 Stocks With High Dividend And Earnings Growth Posied For Growth [View article]
    Great point. The filter on the market cap could have definitely been lowered; however, I did want to focus on a slightly lower risk profile by excluding a larger range of mid-cap stocks.
    Jan 16 02:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cisco: Why I'm Buying The Tech Giant's Fundamentals [View article]
    Your figures for FY13 earnings, P/E ratio could definitely be more accurate. I believe I pulled mine from Yahoo! Finance. And obviously I agree with you that the firm is undervalued given these multiples, strong earnings and cash flows and other good news surrounding the firm (ACI, and, as you referenced, Insieme).
    Nov 11 05:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Foreign Dividend Stocks That Provide Diversity And Offer Growth Potential [View article]
    Thanks for the comment, Norman. I completely agree with you analysis.
    Sep 5 01:19 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for the comment, dmacd. I agree, I think that BHP is very undervalued and that the company's future prospects are very strong due to the demand for industrial metals primarily in emerging markets.

Novartis is great too, the favorable conversion between the Swiss Franc and the US dollar as far as dividend payments go is just a bonus.

You're very wise to have exposure to these companies. I will look into Syngenta.
    Sep 5 01:18 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for the comment, guraaf. I did draw on the Kiplinger article for some information.

According to BHP Billiton this is the reason for two different tickers:

"BHP Billiton was formed in June 2001 from the merger of BHP Limited (an Australian listed company) and Billiton Plc (a UK listed company). The merger was effected by way of a dual listed companies (DLC) structure, meaning that although the companies technically continue to be separate legal entities (now renamed BHP Billiton Limited and BHP Billiton Plc) with separate share listings and share registers, they are managed and run as a single economic entity. The companies have a common Board of Directors and management team. Shareholders in BHP Billiton Limited and BHP Billiton Plc have equal economic and voting rights, as if they held shares in a single company"

I would recommend BHP; however, the two stocks seem to move hand-in-hand percentage wise. Shares of BHP are slightly more expensive than shares of BBL.
    Sep 5 01:15 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thank you for the correction.
    Sep 5 01:08 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Brasil Telecom: Undervalued, Dividend-Paying Stock for Emerging Market Exposure [View article]
    Thank you for the advice, Philipsonh.
    Aug 16 10:17 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I got my info from Fidelity.

eresearch.fidelity.com...

Thank you for the comment though, frikker. It appears that Fidelity's information was wrong and I need to edit the article to display the correct yield. Thanks for the heads up.
    Aug 16 12:46 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for the comment, Norman Tweed. You are very correct, the company has had a history of erratic dividends, but I think that the yield will stabilize at about 8% or 9%. There financials are great, and as evidenced by your comment about the expected increase in EPS this year, the company's business is expanding. I think it could be a good stock to hold going forward.
    Aug 16 11:05 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I cannot tell you with absolute certainty that their is no foreign tax on the dividend payments, but I have not seen anything that indicates that those taxes would be levied.
    Aug 16 11:00 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • World Markets Weekend Review: Bear Cubs Abound [View article]
    As much as Europe is a problem, I think the United States' own problems with outrageous debt, out of control spending, and absurd entitlement programs has ruined the American peoples confidence both the economy and government, as it should.

Although I don't know when the government will get it together, I do feel that there are still some great money making opportunities out there in the stock market with its current volatility.
    seekingalpha.com/artic...
    Aug 14 12:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Paying Stocks May Be Better Than Bonds [View article]
    Great article! A few weeks ago I wrote an article that outlined how to build up your portfolio with dividend paying stocks in order to focus on building positions over time.

seekingalpha.com/artic...
    Aug 14 12:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How to Thrive During a Downturn [View article]
    That's a great point, chowder. Thanks for the comment.
    Aug 11 12:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment